“Smile Society - One of My Favorite Hostels!”
Review of Smile Society

Smile Society
Ranked #5 of 1,385 Specialty Lodging in Bangkok
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Smile Society is a wonderful hostel, one of the best hostels I've ever visited! The hostel is clean and comfortable with beautiful rooms (I stayed in a deluxe twin private ensuite with a friend), a delicious breakfast, and a great common lounge that's perfect for meeting other travelers. It’s also in an awesome location, mere steps from great shopping and eateries and a short walk to the Sala Daeng BTS station. We especially appreciated the kind, hardworking staff - Bee and Nid were gracious and incredibly helpful, recommending restaurants, explaining local transportation, and providing other travel advice. I would stay here again in a heartbeat!

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Smile Society was one of the most amazing hostels that we have ever stayed in. Not only was everything so clean, they even provided free internet, breakfast, and clean sheets and towels. The tv worked great and the shampoo and conditioner in the shower was a plus! Bee and Nid were so kind and helpful when we asked for directions and suggestions. The MRT is right by the hostel which made everything more accessible, especially coming from the airport. Already planning our next trip back!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 21, 2013

The location of the hostel is, indeed, very convenient : not far from BTS and MRT, which makes you able to move around quite easily but in a little street which allows to avoid the noise of silom.
The staff is nice, smiling and helpful and the place is clean.

The breakfast is just ok but I think it's good enough to be able to have a free breakfast.

Only one bad point : there was no curtain in the dorm, the sun woke us early in the morning (around 6)

Reviewed January 20, 2013

I have stayed at Smile Society during all of my trips to Bangkok. I love the location--- close to the subway and metro, right in the heart of the night market... It is super clean. Free internet, free breakfast... I was traveling alone and met a lot of great people to go out with/ spend the day with --- breakfast is the best time to meet people ---- and in the dorms! I was able to store my extra luggage which was great for the rest of my trip! Thank you Smile Society for always being so great.... :)

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed January 20, 2013

Smile Society was a great place to stay at! The location is excellent close to both Skytrain and MRT, also the trip from the airport is very easy. The rooms were nice and clean. The staff was great and helpful, even at 3 am in the morning and I'd recommend it to anyone staying in Bangkok!

Reviewed January 20, 2013

The hostel is very well-located, close to a Skytrain station. The rooms are clean and the staff is helpful. I recommend the hostel very much. I would stay there next time as well when I will come to Bangkok. The city is very interesting, there is so much to do!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 12, 2013

The hostel is secure and in a good location. I didn't hang out in the neighborhood much (has a night market and a lot of "sexy" shows and clubs), but is near the BTS. The staff are so nice, accommodating, and helpful with any questions that I had. The place is air conditioned well, which is necessary in the humid Bangkok heat. The rooms, bathrooms, and common areas were in good shape and clean. The free breakfast was a plus, though consisted only of hot rolls, coffee/tea, and fruit. Highly recommend!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo