KV Mansion
$114
All reviewson nut stationlotuskeyscouchbalconyprosbtstaxi
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 24, 2014

After a trip from the islands in the south we needed a cheap room near a bts-skytrain to do some shopping.
The room is not modern, but it has it all: a big fridge, tv, reliabel wifi, sofa, lots of closet space, badroom with good water presure. Didnt had any insect in my room.
There is a 7-11 just in front. Staff was very friendly.

Negative part would be that it looked closer to the skytrain on the map. Its still a 7-10 min walk on a road without pavement. But moterbike taxi bring you for 10bht (0.2 €) to the skytrain.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Bjoke1980
Reviewed January 17, 2014

Extremely clean hotel close to the BTS-line On Nut station. Everything was in working order, the reception staff very nice and helpful, quit nights, the prices very low for the area (and even lower than announced on their website and in my mail correspondance with them).
Onlye drawback is the rather busy street with no sidewalks.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank jsvarre
Reviewed January 14, 2014

KV mansions is mainly geared to monthly lets so don't expect the full range of hotel services, reception only opens till 20:00 and cleaning only done if you hang the "Please clean room" sign outside.
Though basic the rooms are big with comfortable bed and sofa, the bathrooms have no hot water in the sink and noise can be a problem if other residents playing their stereo or talk in the corridors.
Good value if you want a whole month and book directly on the KV Mansion website, there are washing machines and parking downstairs.
On Nut has a lively night market and cheap massage shops, the area caters to a young expat community that work mostly as English language teachers.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Donald555
Reviewed December 18, 2013

I arrived at KV Mansion around 10.30 pm and was a little surprised to find the office closed.
I specified when booking I would be arriving late and didn't receive any instructions regarding this so I assumed the office would be attended.The only person around was a security guard who spoke very little English.Luckily I speak some Thai and was able to get my room key.

I was pleasantly surprised by the big clean room which was very comfortable, clean and quiet.

The next morning I accidently bent the paper thin room key and when I informed the young lady at reception she demanded 100 baht for a new key.When I told her in Thai the key was no good from the start she angrily gave me a new one (no charge).

The meals I had in the restaurant were good but the staff were unfriendly.I found the hotel staff that worked the daytime shift to be mostly friendly.

There is 7-11 store opposite and some great value eateries only a 10 baht motorcycle taxi ride away at the corner of Soi 88 and Sukhumvit Rd On Nut.

If you can speak some Thai and don't mind staying a bit further out from the main Sukhumvit area this is not a bad option.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Paul D
Reviewed November 29, 2013

I booked this room based on the great reviews. Yet another Tripadvisor flop.

Location: Close to BTS On Nut - a short walk or a 10 Baht motorcycle ride. In Bangkok a train station s a perk.

Staff: Some friendly, the receptionist treated me as if I was in her way when I checked in. After I had seen the room I asked, nicely, for an ashtray, a water heater to make tea and a cup, and was provided with all three. The rooms have balconies where you can smoke.

Room: I was given a room towards the street on the 8th floor. It was very noisy, the walls were paper thin, and the bed the hardest I have yet encountered in three east asian countries.

The room was large, and looked like a waiting room. The walls were completely bare, the furniture dark wood, characteristic of Thailand (Chiang Mai decor) and lined against the walls. A wardrobe, with many hangers, a desk area with a TV on it, a table with two chairs, a large fridge. A large double bed, and against the last wall, a sofa with light brown cushions.

TV: with foreign channels (Eurosport) .

WiFi: not very good. I had to log in every time I had shut down the laptop, and often while I was using it too. The login popped up again, and again - and this is something management has to look into.

Bathroom. Large, separate shower with curtain, good water pressure.

Everything was very clean, but the room was quite dark, even during the day with the curtains drawn.

Roommates: ants, very small and irritating. A teenage Cockroach in the bathroom and a winged insect I couldn't place.

Dining: There is an on site restaurant, and the first dinner was ok, the next appalling. There is a large Tesco Lotus at the On Nut station with a food court - street food, and a small café with foreign food and ditto prices next to the hotel. A 7-Eleven just across the street.

Laundry: On site washing machines.

Best staff experience. An elderly security guard who greeted me when I arrived, and sent me off again was very friendly.

Great view from the balcony.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back of the building. I requested one in my online booking, didn't get one, but maybe you will be more lucky.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo