Book now! This hotel is likely to sell out soon.
Priceline
$82
View deal
Agoda.com
$67
View deal
Hotels.com
Travelocity
All reviews the blue room the river passing boats thai dinner lovely boutique boutique hotel the ground floor relaxing stay spent nights chinatown temple chao taxi praya
Selected filters
Reviewed January 15, 2013 via mobile

Coming to Bangkok for the first time, we chose this hotel because of its warm and charming look as well as the location directly at/on the river. The room we stayed in was very comfortable and had all the amenities you need, was decorated and designed in a Thai style - we loved it! The "hotel" as such also has a nice little terrace where you can look at the river and the city on the other side of the river. We ate at the hotel twice and enjoyed the food very much, so grab a bite when you are there! The staff was very friendly as well and helped us with everything we needed.

Date of stay: December 2012
Reviewed January 2, 2013

We started our holiday in Thailand by staying three nights at this small hotel on the river in Bangkok. If you desire accommodations where you are part of the experience of living just above the major river flowing through Bangkok---you have found the place. The sights and sounds of river life are hard to tune out. The place itself is charming. The staff are friendly and helpful even though language can be difficult at times. Each room has a different color pattern and location within the structure. The positives were: good breakfast each morning; warm and friendly staff; and the location on the water. We didn't think the neighborhood surrounding the hotel was a positive. There are many auto parts shops and it was overly industrial. There were no restaurant options nearby. So, if that isn't a drawback for you, it will be a great place to stay. I believe reviewing Loy la long is awkward and complex because you just want to love it, but it isn't for everyone. However, my wife and I would consider staying there again.....

Date of stay: December 2012
Reviewed December 26, 2012

My husband and I stayed here both at the beginning and end of our trip to Thailand. We first stayed in the Blue Room and then the Black Room. The rooms and hotel are more lovely than any pictures do justice. The staff was incredibly helpful and friendly. We did the bike tour through China Town (which was phenomenal!) and the staff was kind enough to take us on a walking tour through China Town to meet-up with the tour group. We found the hotel's location to be perfect. Only once did a taxi driver not have a clue how to get to the hotel, but he asked a local police officer, was given further directions and dropped us at Loy La Long a few moments later. I recommend allowing the hotel to arrange your taxis to and from the airport. One night, while in the Black Room, we were woken-up by loud music being played in the common area. The speakers in the common area share a wall with the Black Room. My impression is this was unusual and an out-of-town friend of the staff was visiting; the music stopped after we asked and the staff apologized in the morning. It wasn't a big deal. The Black Room is literally over the river, so you hear the sloshing of water all night long, almost feels like you're on a boat. We loved it. We thought the breakfast was great. My Husband is allergic to dairy and doesn't eat meat, they were more than willing to accommodate his diet restrictions. I highly recommend this place for the more adventuresome folks who feel confident navigating new places and prefer a unique experience. We loved it here and would return given the opportunity.

Room tip: We loved the deck off the Black Room for watching party boats.
1  Thank Tube_pendous
Reviewed December 21, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for 2 nights at the end of our holiday. As has been said in previous reviews, it can be a little hard to find. We found the easiest thing was to give the taxi driver the phone number and they could call for directions, making it less stressful for us to try and communicate where it was.

The hotel itself is in a good location, close to the river boat stops and the subway and the the decor is really lovely and quirky, but, I found breakfast to be a bit of a disappointment and we were also given some advice which turned out to be incorrect and spoilt our lats night in Bangkok.

Firstly the breakfast I had was nice, but there was no choice other than being asked if you are vegetarian or not vegetarian. On one of the mornings my husband and I (not vegetarian) got served different breakfasts which seemed a little strange. I ended up swopping with my husband as mine had caviar on top which I dont like. Breakfast consisted of a limited selection of cereal, tea and coffee and fruit juice followed by whatever surprise came next!

Secondly, we asked for some advice regarding a good night market to go to. We were advised that Chatuchak was the best. I knew this from my TA research, but thought it wasnt open on a Friday night (or had very limited stalls open), so I queried whether everything was open to be reassured it was and that the Friday evening opening was new. My husband and I set off (it took about 40 mins on subway) and everything was shut. I was gutted as we only had two nights in Bangkok and we wasted 2 hours getting to and from a market which was shut.

Saying that the staff were friendly and the views at night from the hotel are beautiful. The communal areas are also really lovely and nicely decorated.

Date of stay: November 2012
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 16, 2012

We stayed at the Loy La Long for four nights on arriving in Bangkok. Airport pick up was fine, the driver knew he was going (he was the only one who did). The hotel is boutique, it has beautifully decorated rooms, a lovely communal/ eating area overlooking the river and is within a temple. The staff are very friendly and the cooks are always smiling. The rooms are OK (well decorated) but dark and not really functional (it was too dark to ever use the mirror in the bathroom, and the shower was pretty leaky).

The hotel is set within a temple, and as it's relatively new, taxis and tuk tuks don't always know where it is. Best bet is to use the name of the temple (Wat Pathumkongha), and then walk the 100m from the road. It's a 5 minute walk from Chinatown, and about 15 minutes from the nearest boat jetty. We had a couple of bad experiences with potential tuk tuk scammers when leaving the temple gate, but to be honest, that happened all over Bangkok.

It is a nice location, it is "funky" and a bit "chilled out", but it's also a bit disfunctional, a bit overpriced and a bit too "boutiquey". If you like ethnicy cushions and lot's of travel guides to pore over whilst pinching yourself then you'll love it. If you don't, you'll probably wish you went somewhere cheaper and more anonymous.

2  Thank MGB70