“Stay here!”

Ranked #108 of 651 Bangkok B&B and Inns
Yekaterinburg, Russia
“Stay here!”
Reviewed January 9, 2014

Sivarin was a pleasant surprise! The room is spacious and very clean. The shared bathroom is clean and convenient, with hot shower. The service people are very polite and helpful. Internet is great. The breakfast was omelet with vegetables and some bread and tea - quite sufficient. The location is simply perfect!
The only thing I would no recommend is booking excursions with the tour provider they have an agreement with. The tour provider basically provides transportation but no real guide. Our guide would tell something general for 5 minutes at each stop and then leave without actually walking with us and explaining the sights in detail. It was impossible to understand the guide's English.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Anna B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Kelowna, Canada
Reviewed January 1, 2014

My wife and I stayed in this guesthouse for 4 nights during our stay in Bangkok. It was very clean, quite, and had a very nice ambient. The guest house has two floors, with four rooms and a shared bathroom/shower on each floor. Two of the rooms on each floor are large, while the other two are small. We were in one of the larger rooms which was very nice and comfortable. There was breakfast provided every morning (omelette or fried egg, with toast and jam + coffee or tea). The staff were also extremely nice and friendly, and very helpful. The rooms get cleaned every day by the maids. Although there is only one bathroom per floor, we never had any issues taking a shower or using the washroom. The guesthouse can also arrange tours for you if you want, their prices are great, don't buy overpriced tour packages from tourist centres in Bangkok, either buy it online or through these guys.

In terms of location, the guesthouse is located within the walking distance (~8 minutes) to Khao San road with many shops, bars and restaurants, and nice massage places (try Shewa Spa), as well as a great night life. The streets around the Khao San road (like Rambuttri Alley) are also very nice. You can also reach main attractions like Wat Mahatat, Grand Palace, Wat Pho and Wat Aron very easily (walking or taking a tuk tuk).

When I was trying to find a place in Bangkok I was very doubtful between choosing this neighbourhood and Sakhumvit, I ended up booking the Sivarin close to Khao San and I must say I was very happy with my choice at the end of my stay in Bangkok. I really liked the old neighbourhoods in this area with all the street vendors.

Finally, beware of all the scams in Bangkok, we were subjected to one of these scams, which was very complicated and smartly designed. Just google "Gem Scam Bangkok" or "Scam Bangkok" to find more information. We also saw another guy in the guesthouse who was subjected to the same scam. Do not trust random strangers who are trying to give you tips or suggestions.

Room Tip: Each floor has two big rooms and two small rooms, the big rooms are nicer that the smaller ones. The...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Mohsen_j
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed December 14, 2013

I cannot say enough about this place so I will start from the beginning. I had contacted this place about a year ago since I was meant to travel to SE Asia but the trip fell through. This year the tr happened.

I arrived at approx. 9:00 PM. Yes -- I was hot and grummpy. The taxi overcharged me. They helped correct my booking error and were very understanding. They advised me to relax for the first day and that is what I did. They provided a map to help me navigate Bangkok and how to get around. They provide a good breakfast, wifi and a computer with internet access. But what makes the place is the staff - there is a lovely lady who was so helpful. When I booked a tour - she got me an early breakfast. More than required. They take credit cards which is also a plus since sometimes you are lacking funds. You are far enough from Kso San RD so that you can waklk there in 10 mins. The Grand Palace is about 1 5 -20 mins away. I loved the bathrooms - always hot water. It was the little things that I loved. I even provided them a map that they may post on the web espically for the taxi drivers. Look for the 7-11 by Sam Sen street #3 and they are down that little lane. I loved getting water and a clean towel. I just though brought a 1.5 litre bottle from the 7-11. There is a fridge that you can keep drinks cool. I did have 1 unpleasant incident but that was due to another guests behavior not the staffs. The only thing that I could say would have a power strip by the beds for peoples electronic devices. When I go back to Bangkok - I will stay at least 1 night here again.

Room Tip: Get a dorm room if you want to meet other travellers.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank hip1965
Brighton, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 7, 2013

We had a fantastic stay at this guesthouse. The reception staff speak excellent English and are very friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable. As for location we were a very short walk from the main backpacker area and could even walk to some of the main attractions. Opposite the Khao San strip is another delightful little street with the best Pad Thai we have ever tasted. Other than that buses and taxis are both cheap and easy to find. You feel you are out of the maddening bustle of the city while you are here but it's on your doorstep whenever you want to resume your adventure.

The breakfast is admittedly basic but delicious and beautifully presented. The hot water is intermittent but frankly we didn't need it in the warm weather, that said our air conditioned room was lovely and cool.

We would absolutely stay again, rooms and shared bathrooms were spotlessly clean, safe, quiet, and comfortable.

Room Tip: We were glad for the A/C! Otherwise all the rooms looked just as nice and comfortable as ours.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 23, 2013 via mobile

This was the first stop on our holiday through Thailand. The much spoken about location is absolutely perfect. It's literally right next to khaosan baan which is the top rated budget hotel in the whole city. It's the perfect distance from khaosan Road; quiet at night if you're needing a break from the action and the staff are lovely. I really can't think of any negatives. We've rebooked it for our single night stopover before flying home.

Kep, Cambodia
Reviewed November 6, 2013

Nice and clean guesthouse near Kaosan Road (10 minute walk). We arrived really early back from Chiang Mai with the night bus, but could take a shower at 7.30 am and our room was ready at 8.30 am, very good service! The girl behind the reception gave us good tips about using public transport in Bangkok and recommended a good nearby restaurant. If you want a basic, clean, guesthouse, with good value for your money: stay here!

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
London
Reviewed October 16, 2013

We loved our stay at Sivarin - close enough to Koh San Road and the hustle & bustle, but far enough away to have a nice quiet nights sleep! Rooms were clean, very large and had air-con, and daily complimentary water, and breakfast was also very good. The price is brilliant for what you get. Staff also very helpful! Would highly recommend.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple