“Big rooms and typical service”
Review of AETAS lumpini

AETAS lumpini
Ranked #55 of 889 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed September 6, 2012

The hotelrooms har very big, and modern. I were staying at a juniorsuite room, and it were perfect, with a nice view over Lumpini park. But even at 18th floor it were possible to hear the trafic. The pool are rather big. The breakfast as expected. the service typical thai and very good. It's also very close to the Metro line. But there are not much of local life and restaurants near by.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed September 3, 2012

Stayed here for a few nights. Took a Skytrain from the airport straight to the Phaya Thai station, it was great to be able to cut through all the traffic! Arrived before noon and requested for an early check-in, and got it with a smile. It's a nice new hotel, the room was a good size, everything was new and spanking clean, the toilet was pretty big and spacious, fantastic high-pressure shower, the bed was good and firm, and the staff were very friendly and eager-to-please. The buffet breakfast spread was okay.The Lumpini MRT station is less than three minutes walk away. Unfortunately the location is not the most convenient, you have to take an MRT and connect to the Skytrain station to get to most places. Considering the room rate and the room condition, it's great value for money!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Christine_kl
Reviewed August 24, 2012

I arrived to the hotel on 22/08/07 late evening.
I've been told at the desk that my deal includes breakfast.
After I got up and settled, I wanted to use the bathroom.
The bathroom was stinky and had smells from pipeline.
I went to sleep as I was tired after a long flight.
When I got up in the morning and after I used the smelly bathroom again,
I went downstairs to eat breakfast.
The breakfast was of very modest: It did include customized omelet, but besides that there was a cheap juice (2), bread (2 black/white basic only), and very modest vegetable offer.
After a few bites in my not so good food a staff person appeared in my table and rudely told me that breakfast is not included in my room.
The original desk person who told me that breakfast WAS included in my deal was attending also and just said he's sorry but didn't offer any compromise.
I left breakfast at the middle and rushed to my room to get arranged to leave this unpleasant hotel. After using the toilets again
I decided to call reception and let them know of this smelly issue, the same guy from yesterday (claiming to be the manager) came into my room and said he was sorry but didn't offered anything to me.
I left the hotel angry (I initially wanted to use the baggage service but I was pissed off and just wanted to leave).

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
4  Thank TripAdv23
TheAETASManagement, Public Relations Manager at AETAS lumpini, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2012

Dear TripAdv23

Thank you for writing a review on The AETAS lumpini.

At The AETAS lumpini, we pride ourselves among the most modern and accomplished new hotels in Bangkok. The management team at The AETAS lumpini aimed to provide an unforgettable experience for our discerning guests with uncompromising level of service and attention to detail. We are therefore very concern to learn that your most recent stay with us have encountered some problematical issues.

Our operation team would like to thank you for pointing out the problem regarding the unpleasant smell in the bathroom. Our technicians are now aware of this problem that has been affecting small number of guest rooms during the period of your stay. This is a serious concern for us and rest assured we are working hard to resolve this problem immediately.

We are confident that moving forward, our operation team will continue to show significant improvements in both services and the maintenance of our facilities.

We hope that we will have another opportunity to welcome you back at The AETAS lumpini in the nearest of future.

Genuinely yours,
The AETAS Management

Reviewed August 24, 2012

The AETAS lumpini could have easily been a five star hotel if they had just, well, "finished" it. The rooms are beautifully decorated and furnished and feature large bathrooms (separate bath and shower stall), excellent lighting, ample work space, free and fast internet access, and great views over Lumpini Park. Two serious drawbacks (for me) were the abysmal lack of TV choices (no CNN, no BBC, not even one movie channel) and the hard beds. The loud, automatic closing doors were also annoying on the mornings I wanted to sleep late.

The biggest disappointment was the lack of a fitness center. There is a very small room with 3 treadmills and some dumbbells but nothing else. The small pool is covered so, if tanning is important, this may not be the place for you. On the same floor is a very nice lounge ("GMT") with nice views of the park and a single computer station (no printer).

As for the food, there was a fair spread on offer at breakfast with a made-to-order egg station. I had one lunch there and the food was good and the prices reasonable (eg, about US$8 for a Caesar salad).

The hotel's location, on Rama IV Road near the intersection of Sathorn Road, is very central and is just a two minute walk to the Lumpini MRT Station.

The staff were all very friendly and anxious to please. The few minor problems I encountered were handled quickly and efficiently. I would certainly consider returning if the hotel corrects the problems I cited but, as Bangkok has so many top quality choices at competitive prices, AETAS will have to finish what they started before I do.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
7  Thank Travel Richly
Reviewed August 1, 2012

It is situated in a non-busy district, but easy access to nearby hot spots, such as Central World Plaza. Room charge is at medium-low level as mine was stayed in Deluxe Single Room. My room is glamorously decorated, not too big but big enough to do workout. ^-^ Worths to be re-visited. By the way, I think inside the hotel there is better to have a place for customers to use PC computers to access internet. Now there is no such facility.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed July 14, 2012

Stayed at the AETAS Lumpini for three (3) nights. Very new and modern hotel. Room was really nice. Very clean, very new, and very modern. Perfect for us!!! Not the best location. However the Lumpini MRT station is directly across the street. No shops or anything near to the hotel. Really need to take a taxi to Silom if you are looking for some good restaurants or some good shopping.

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank Philip_McInnes
Reviewed May 16, 2012 via mobile

Lets talk abt The Aetas Lumpini, from outside im sure that everyone thinks that the price will be at the minimum of Thb 3500 up for a night. This property is so new so evrrthing looks soo new.

Even the lobby is not big and look impressive but the service quality, im sure you wont regret.

Just the lowest category, i hv to say im so impressed with the size and the decoration. Everything for me seems to b perfectly fit.

The swimming pool looks ok not too big but can actually swim. Even the fitness seems to be too small but i dont think its that necessary.

The view that u gonna c from the hotel is the City view and former area of Suanlum Night Bazaar. For someone who enjoy Thai boxing, it just across the street.

I would like everyone to try their Lunch buffet, everything is recommended!

The hotel located near the Subway station so going to Asoke/Sukhumvit is just a short way.

20 mins walk to the most famous department store, MBK/Siam Square.
15 mins walk to Silom Night life.
10 mins by car to China Town.

I would say this hotel is valued enough for 4.5 star hotel!

• Stayed: May 2012