“I always enjoy relaxing here to jazz” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Living Room

The Living Room
Ranked #23 of 10,630 Restaurants in Bangkok
Cuisines: Thai, International
Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Drinks, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Digital Payments, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Neighborhood: Sukhumvit
Description: Bangkok's premier jazz venue hits all the right notes. The Living Room's lounge bar plays host to the best international jazz musicians every night—accompanied by a wide variety of specialty cocktails and delectable light meals.
New York City
“I always enjoy relaxing here to jazz”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

The service here is usually quite nice and the Jazz is usually spectacular. As far as the food goes, we usually try and keep it as simple as possible. The occasional hamburger and some basic Thai dishes have always came out hot and fresh.

This location also is where the Sheraton Sukumvit does their amazing Sunday Brunch with everything your heart desires. Their food on Sundays is really top notch. The only thing that throws me is that in Thailand, everyone brings small children out to these expensive ($100 per person) meals....so have a look where your sitting prior to sitting down!

Enjoy.

1 Thank NYCshopper
GMSGS, General Manager at The Living Room, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
Dear NYCshopper,

Thank you for your continuous support and loyalty towards The Living Room.

I am delighted to read about your positive experiences and also pleased to know that you were able to enjoy our Sunday Jazzy Brunch. Your compliments have been shared with the team and we all look forward to the next pleasant opportunity of welcoming you back.

• Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
London, United Kingdom
“Over priced and over rated”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2013

I decided to go to the Living Room on a Saturday night - as I fancied eating both thai and international cuisine in an unrushed environment.

My colleague and I ordered the soft shell crab, caeser salad, satay and chicken tandoori wrap.

I'm told the caeser salad was good - the soft shell crab was acceptable. However the satay - slightly undercooked, and the wrap - utterly flavourless.

We ordered a couple of gin&tonics to go with the meal.

The price? 4200 Baht.

For that - we could, and clearly should have - eaten at the St Regis, where on a Saturday they have a seafood buffet.

Now, I'm not one to criticise staff unduly - but, at a Sheraton, you'd have thought that guests ordering a number of dishes wouldn't be out of the ordinary...

But no - here, the staff were genuinely shocked that we ordered five 'light bites' (as described on the menu) to share. I'm afraid their level of English was not good enough either.

The lounge itself was nice - with comfortable seating. But if the rest of the experience doesn't match, it's a true shame.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
GMSGS, General Manager at The Living Room, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Dear Deepdrifter,

May I thank you for having dinner in the Living Room last Saturday and going to the trouble of sharing your comments. I always welcome feedback, the good, the bad and the ugly so that we may take corrective action.

I was very concerned to read that you were disappointed with the quality of some of the dishes, the details of which have been shared with the Executive Chef so that appropriate follow-up can be taken. It was unfortunate that the service staff taking care of you was a trainee and her English and service attitude was not up to the normal level. May I apologize for your disappointments.

With kind regards,

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fab food and welcoming staff.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2013

Visited this hotel around 1pm at Basil restaurant but not available. Staff recommended to sit at Living Room.
I wasn't disappointed because staff were friendly lovely welcome.
We had never eaten Thai food before but food so fabulous and perfected portion.
We will definitely be back!

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Nest W
Dear Nest W,

Thank you for your visit to Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit's basil and The Living Room.

I am delighted that although you were unable to have your preferred dining venue of basil, you were able to have a memorable dining experience at The Living Room. Your compliments on the cuisine have been shared with the culinary team at basil to recognize their efforts. The team at The Living Room are also delighted to know that they were able to be a part in enhancing your dining experience with us.

We all look forward to welcoming you back to Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, A Luxury Collection Hotel, Bangkok

Richard Chapman
“Fantastic Sunday brunch ever!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2013

My husband and i arrived 15mins early.
Staff was so nice and offer us a cup of coffee while we waiting for restaurant open.
Living room was clean, warm, semi romantic.
We love the food and service quality.
Price was reasonable because we're grand club member and get 30% discount.
We feel really warm welcome at Living Room.
And we strongly recommend Living Room for Sunday Brunch in Bangkok

• 4 of 5 bubbles
GMSGS, General Manager at The Living Room, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
Dear Oliver_JFK,

Thank you for choosing to dine with us at The Living Room for the Sunday Jazzy Brunch.

It is a great pleasure to read that not only had you enjoyed the selection of food at our buffet spread, but our Luxury Collection ambassadors were also able to be a part in enhancing your dining experience with us. I have shared your compliments with the team and we all look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Bangkok, Thailand
“unparalled excellence !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2013

I try hard not to give an excellent rating unless it's richly deserved. Happy to say, the The Living Room at the Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit represents in my opinion one of those experiences. This place has it all and begins with an impressive and inviting lounge with comfortable furniture. We were given a recommendation of where to sit in relation to the live piano player and singer.

We were given menus from all 4 restaurants and given plenty of time to order. We ended up with a delightful sushi dinner complemented with a sweet and delicious Riesling wine.

The staff couldn't have been more professional and accommodating; this is one of the main reasons why I'm a regular customer at the Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit.

As a Grande Sukhumvit club member, we normally receive a 35% discount on all beverages, cocktails, and food. However, the Sheraton General Manager, Richard Chapman personally took the time to welcome and greet us and provided us with an additional complementary glass of wine during our dinner.

Dining experiences like this are rare to come by in my world, and I can say that for the value, service, and excellent cuisine, nothing compares to any of the restaurants and service at the Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank jazsacher
GMSGS, General Manager at The Living Room, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Dear jazsacher,

Thank you for your continuous support Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit and for taking the time to share your experience at The Living Room with us.

I am delighted to read that you had enjoyed the sushi dinner accompanied with the Riesling wine and live piano performed by Tim Hedges. I also certainly agree with you that our staffs are truly our biggest asset and I am sure they appreciate the recognition that you have given to them.

We all look forward to the next pleasant opportunity of welcoming you back.