“Top rate Living Room”

Cuisines: International
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Sukhumvit
Description: Bangkok's premier jazz venue hits all the right notes. The Living Room's lounge bar plays host to the best international jazz musicians every night—accompanied by a wide variety of specialty cocktails and delectable light meals.
Reviewed March 14, 2013

The Living Room at Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit is arguably Bangkok’s top Jazz venue. I am always made very welcome with all the staff remembering my name and whenever possible allocating me the same table. The menu is limited, but the cocktails top-rate and the service faultless. This combined with world class jazz makes it a very special space.

Check out the Jazzy Sunday Brunch too. Make sure you ask for a table In the Living Room when you book as brunch is spread across all three restaurants on the 2nd floor.

GMSGS, General Manager at The Living Room, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2013

Dear GuyRidgeon,

May I thank you for your continuous support and loyalty towards The Living Room.

We continuously strive to provide our guests with an exceptional experience and your comments certainly reflects what we aim for. The team at The Living Room and I look forward to welcoming you back to The Living Room very soon.

Reviewed March 12, 2013

The living room is worth to visit if you love a jazzy atmosphere. Food and Drinks were fine. Service was quite friendly. It wasn't the best place for me in Bangkok, but It's worth to visit with your girl.

2  Thank Thomas v

Dear Thomas v,

Thank you for visiting The Living Room and for sharing your experiences.

I certainly appreciate the time you have taken to review our hotel and hope this may be helpful to future guests. I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed March 11, 2013

Easy going, jazzy atmosphere, the tea selection was ok as was the quality of the teas available. However if you are a true tea connoisseur, don't expect too much. The quality of the food in the high tea set was pretty good, scones were a bit dry but I've become accustom to so-so baked goods in Thailand. Good service though. Tea set is not too pricey at 500 baht and is enough for 2 or one very hungry person!

Dear hai_hungry,

Thank you for sharing your experience of the Afternoon Tea at The Living Room with us.

It is a great pleasure that you had enjoyed the jazzy atmosphere at our venue. Moreover, I have shared your constructive feedback with our Director of Food & Beverage for improvement in the near future.

We look forward to the next opportunity of welcoming you back.

Reviewed March 10, 2013

My friend and I went to have some cocktails and snacks before dinner. The staff greeted us with smile and the pianist played wonderful music. We ordered 2 cocktails in the photo, it was very tasty and very unique. They also provide snack menu as well. I highly recommend if you wanna hang out with friends.

1  Thank manimani69
GMSGS, General Manager at The Living Room, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2013

Dear manimani69,

Thank you for choosing The Living Room to enjoy your pre-dinner cocktails.

I am pleased to know that you had enjoyed the cocktails and the snacks offered. Indeed, The Last Cocktail is one of the signature Luxury Collection cocktails that are unique to a destination. We look forward to the next opportunity of welcoming you back to The Living Room.

Reviewed March 9, 2013

The place is in Sheraton Grande hotel. I came here because it was told to be the top 10 Jazz club in Bangkok. Well, the band and the lady singing here were excellent. They were some of the best live performance musician I have seen. On the other hand, the place itself is not the ideal setup for Jazz. It has a very high ceiling and music just echoes in the place. Without the cozy feeling of a Jazz club, I just could't get in the mood no matter how good the musician were. I left the place kind of disappointed after just 2 drinks.

Service was great. No doubt about it. Prices for drinks were on the high side. Overall, I would have to say that this joint is not bad, but, definitely not for the serious Jazz lover.

Dear Joseph,

Thank you very much for your overall positive feedback of The Living Room, including your comments on our International Jazz band and singers. You may be interested to know that just last week, we have just upgraded the sound system to use the dome shape rooms acoustic to our advantage. Hopefully on your return, you will be able to enjoy the music even more apart from the service provided by the team. However, I regret that you find the drinks' pricing on the high end, as they are priced the same level as other five star hotels that don’t offer daily live jazz.

I do hope that in spite of the inconvenience we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future.