Open today: 10:30 AM - 8:00 PM
Review Highlights
Impeccable care and craft

My parents opened their own women’s apparel retail store many years ago in a small college town in... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
O6401SLgaryd
Raja's Service ++++

27 yrs as a customer, Raja's continues to execute their great service, value & quality. Thank you... read more

Reviewed 3 weeks ago
Kelly C
Bangkok, Thailand
via mobile

Recommended experiences in and around Bangkok
from $74.53
from $11.89
from $53.59
from $52.29
1,060 results
All reviews final product fit perfectly bespoke suit tailor shop these guys reasonable price bobby dane rajas suits measurements material pants quality jacket clothes gulati
Selected filters
Reviewed August 31, 2016

This was my second visit to the shop. No matter what time you go there, it is full of people not window shopping but buying. Normally in the morning Bobby, his father and son are there but in the evening it is so busy that there are two to three more specialists there serving, measuring and fitting clients. Whilst your waiting, there is a very comfortable seating area where you are served drinks, given snacks and looked after. Excellent atmosphere, you already know you are being served by a professional company. The choice of materials is vast, you won't know what you want as there is too much variety. The shop only takes orders if they will be able to get it done at the agreed time so there is a guarantee of no being messed around! All three owners are very professional and extremely well know in Bangkok. Don't be surprised to see diplomats and other important people walk in and place an order.

The quality of the fitting and manufacturing is beyond expectation. They will call you for multiple fittings and you will stand there thinking the garment is perfect but Bobby will point out various adjustments and not let you leave with the item unless he is satisfied with it. He is a man of his word, during my last visit I only gave them two days to make three trousers, normally they would not even touch the order due to time line and their strict quality control. However, Bobby is a professional and took the order. I came in the morning, he phoned his factory first to see if it can be done. Hence, as I said earlier, he does not mess you around. I was then measured up and asked to come back in the evening for trial. Within the evening my shirt and a model trouser for fitting was made. The fitting was already excellent. However, Bobby does not miss anything and made various adjustments. I was asked to come during the evening the following day. All three trousers and shirts were done. Final check all completed. Bobby then told me that one thing needed to be done so he will have the good delivered to my hotel in the evening. I had doubts, and questioned him as I was leaving early the next day. To no surprised, he was shocked about this. I left the shop at 20.00, by 22.00 I got to my hotel, the work was done and the goods were already delivered. I felt so bad about questioning him. Take it from me, if you want the best fabric, fitting and service as well as to do business with people who respect their reputation as well as your customer go to Raja's. When you walk past other tailors, they are often empty but this shop is never without customers. This speaks for itself. This business as I said caters for the American embassy to a big scale, again that says a lot.

Good luck and enjoy the experience of getting a tailor made suite from Raja's, I sure will be going there every year.

Date of experience: July 2016
1  Thank myladwa
BobbyGulati, Owner at Raja's Fashions, responded to this reviewResponded September 1, 2016

Dear Myladwa,

Thank you for your review. As you stated in your review, fittings are essential and your timing with just right. I appreciate you working with us given your tight schedule. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed the atmosphere of our unique store, as well as level of service and quality of our workmanship. We always try to serve our customers to the best of our abilities and make sure to deliver a product that you are fully satisfied with. Every minor nip-and-tuck makes a big difference.

Till next time!

Reviewed August 28, 2016

A little oasis of calm, professionalism, good air conditioning and theatre off one of the less lovely parts of Sukhumvit Road. All the tailors on this road have to be good at sales, as many, like myself, are shopping around before deciding. The Raja family won me over by making me feel like I was some long lost special customer they have been waiting months to arrive. Its a piece of great theatre and to be honest, the fawning around while buying and fitting process is part of what I enjoy. Needless to say v.happy with suit and 4 shirts. Only downside was I felt this is a place that a little more geared toward US customers than others.

Date of experience: June 2016
BobbyGulati, Owner at Raja's Fashions, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2016

Dear David R,

Your kind words are much appreciated. I am pleased to hear that you are enjoying your new suit and shirts. It was my pleasure to serve you. We continue to serve everyone who walks in our store with the same level of professionalism, no matter who they are or where they are from. Thank you again for your review.

I look forward to working with you again in the future.

Reviewed August 27, 2016

Blame it on countless excuses or perhaps the powers of procrastination but I have never taken the time to write a review on tripadvisor regardless of how much I love a hotel, eatery, or destination. Nearly a month after flying home from Bangkok with my first bespoke suit plus a pair of pants and here I am compelled, as I have been everyday for weeks, to echo the well-deserved glowing reviews of Raja's Fashions.

For my relatively short visit and stay in Bangkok (spent more time in Samui and Chiang Mai during this family vacation) I am still in a bit of shock at how this shop of warm, friendly, multi-generational family can turn around a such high quality bespoke suit (plus a pair of pants) in a matter of days and just in time for me to catch my flight home. Took three fittings done very efficiently in a small and very tidy air-conditioned shop that at times felt like a friendly oasis from the chaos outside on busy Sukhumvit Rd. Perhaps it was the warmth and professionalism of Bobby and family (I was served by Bobby, his son, and I believe his sister as well as all their courteous staff) or the ice-cold drinks always on offer not just for me but also for my family...

The quality and fit of my navy blue pin-striped suit and a grey pair of pants is so good that I seriously cannot get myself to wear my other store bought suits or dress pants. I opted for a slim modern suit and got just that with a fit, adjusted with a keen eye from Bobby or his son over three quick and efficient fittings, that seems to look and feel better and better every time I wear the suit.

Service was incredible. Ice-cold drinks were always on offer, an ice-cold hand towel was immediately given to me during one of the fittings when I was rushing in sweaty and tired from the heat/humidity. Bobby and family are all very knowledgeable about their craft and are excellent at communicating the process.

Just an experience so seemless and pleasant and a product so well-made that I will without hesitation say that a trip to Bangkok would be well worth it even if all I did was pay another visit to Raja's. One of my daughters (9 yrs old) agrees -- she said the highlights of her vacation in Thailand (her first time) include the epic elephant sanctuary in Chiang Mai, the crystal clear beaches in Samui and Pha Ngan, and yes -- the 'very nice people' and cold drinks at Raja's Fashions. :)

One regret - I should have purchased at least two suits (instead of a suit and a pair of pants) and perhaps a few dress shirts. It was my first time and I was solely relying on online reviews so I did not want to take a chance. But now that I know the quality I will have to cough up a few extra dollars for shipping as I reach out to Bobby to order the jacket to go along with the pants I purchased (and perhaps another suit).

Many thanks Bobby and family.. expect an order from me in the coming weeks. And hopefully another visit if I can convince my banker (ie my wife!) to allow me to pay another visit to Bangkok. :)

Date of experience: July 2016

Dear Al C,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. Your feedback serves us with much encouragement. I am pleased to read that you enjoyed the quality of our materials, workmanship and service. With 3 generations celebrating 52 years in business, we are dedicated to providing the best for our customers for many more years to come. Whenever you are ready, we will be here to serve you again.

Please pass on my wishes to your wonderful family.

Reviewed August 26, 2016

Raja's is the second tailors I've been to now in Bangkok and I will happily go back.

I went to go get seven shirts made and am very happy with both the fit and quality. This is a family run joint. Its reputation precedes itself which means it's often busy, but they seem to find time to greet each client and make them feel at home.

One of the reasons I went to Raja's was price. You pay for what you get in Bangkok. There is no shortage of tailors, but only a few that really do decent work. Raja's is definitely in the latter category in terms of quality. But they're also not at the most expensive end of the spectrum and I think their pricing is very fair.

My seven shirts cost around 1,700 THB each -- there's a slight price difference depending on material -- which for a handmade, tailored shirt is damn good. Another top place I go to does shirts for around 2,500 THB and I haven't noticed any major quality difference so I'll likely be returning to Raja's for shirts.

I live in town so speed was not an issue for me, but I gather they can turn tailoring around fairly quickly for visitors in need of a rush job.

All in all, a great family run tailors that doesn't pressure buyers, places an emphasis on quality and is not overly expensive. Perfect.

Date of experience: August 2016

Dear Jerome T,

Your review is much appreciated. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your experience with us, as well as our quality and pricing. We always strive to take care of our customers to the best of our abilities and your review motivates us to keep up the work.

I look forward to taking care of you again in the near future.

Reviewed August 21, 2016

The first time I went to Raja's Fashions was actually in 2013 on a very quick trip which I was disappointed I did not have enough time to tailor my clothes, but was still impressed by the politeness of Bobby. This year I planned to visit Bangkok, specifically to return for them as I was beginning work and I was vastly impressed by the service that Raja and his family provided.

I bought two suits, four shirts and 5 ties for a good reasonable price. I was very impressed by the speed they managed to finish my two suits which I am very satisfied with. I ordered the suits and shirts on Tuesday morning and collected everything on Thursday evening. Throughout this short trip, as I am slim, I went for a total of three fittings of which they provided me with drinks each time. As I am quite new to certain things in suit-making, they helped provide me with the right suggestions according to my needs and were very patient with my requests.

Top notch material to fit my body and the fabric feels good - I am glad I have chosen a reliable tailor with excellent service to make my suits and will definitely recommend them to anyone! I will definitely hope to return soon!!

Sam

Date of experience: August 2016
BobbyGulati, Owner at Raja's Fashions, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2016

Dear Samuel L,

Thank you for your review. I appreciate giving us the opportunity to take care of you given the short timing of your previous visit. It was my pleasure to take care of you. I am pleased to hear you like the quality of our materials, fit and service. It is something we pride ourselves in.

I know you will enjoy the compliments when wearing your new suits and shirts!