“It's all true”
Review of Raja's Fashions

Raja's Fashions
Ranked #3 of 499 Shopping in Bangkok
More attraction details
Owner description: Raja's Fashions offers high quality tailoring at reasonable prices. Raja’s Fashions is well known for providing high quality suits and shirts crafted and tailored from exquisite imported English and Italian fabrics. Our selection of styles and materials are top notch.Serving the expat & diplomatic community for four decades, Raja's Fashions has been featured in many international publications. This year Raja will celebrate its 49th anniversary of high quality tailoring.
Reviewed December 19, 2012

We were wandering down Sukhumvit looking for a tailor-I had read reviews about good and bad tailors and the name Raja's rung a couple of bells, so we had a look inside... Jackpot!
This was my man's first tailored suit...it wasn't the cheapest, but who cares when you know you're getting such quality- He has now been ruined for other tailors because you cant get that kind of quality and service back home.
If ever back in Bangkok, Raja's will be the first stop after the airport

1  Thank E C
BobbyGulati, Owner at Raja's Fashions, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2013

Hi Rikki, SO glad that you chose us and that we were able to deliver what you wanted. Look forward to seeing you shortly after you arrive net time! Bobby G

Reviewed December 18, 2012

A few friends headed to Thailand this year have asked me about tailors so I want to go on record and remove any confusion on the topic. I lived there for two years working for a western company.

Already, so many people have commented on how well Bobby and Raja treat you: like a friend, someone with an interesting story to share over a cold beer or a drink. In fact, they will offer one you as you walk in :)

Two at time, I ended up with twelve shirts, two suits and one tuxedo. Their shirts are the staple of my wardrobe and seem to be indestructible. The suits and tux garner unexpected compliments. I am simply better dressed than I was before I met them.

They are genuine human beings who simply excel at their craft and at connecting with people. I can not recommend Bobby and Raja Gulati enough.

2  Thank Rob F

Hi Rob, We are humbled by your review. Thank you so much and thank you for your ongoing custom. Hope to see you again sometime. Best wishes - Bobby G

Reviewed December 18, 2012

In two visits to Raja's Fashion, I've bought three suits, eight pairs of trousers and three shirts, and I've been very happy with all of them. Both times, I was passing through Bangkok on business and didn't have much time; both times, Bobby and the folks at Raja's were able to accomodate me. They:

- Sent samples to Australia so I could choose my fabrics before arriving,
- Handed me a beer when I arrived at their shop, then had me fitted and set in half an hour,
- Shipped my finished clothing back to Australia, and
- Kept my measurements on file so I could re-order easily.

The first suit I bought over a year ago has held up beautifully. I wear it often, and there's been no sign of stretching out of shape, no shiny elbows and no loose buttons or frayed seams. By comparison, the Brooks Brothers suits I have had the same amount of time look tired and worn. If you're looking for good quality clothing for very reasonable prices, I highly recommend this place!

Hi Mike,

Thanks so much for your kind words. Glad to hear that we were able to serve you well and look forward to seeing you again soon! Kind regards - Bobby G

Reviewed December 14, 2012

Been having all almost all of my clothes made here for the past twenty years. Everything is quality from the service, to the fabric, to the tailoring.

In twenty years I have had a single button come loose. Not one seam or hem ever failed. Not one shirt ever shrank.

This is the not the cheapest tailor in Bangkok but it is certainly one of the very best and offers exceptional value. Material selection is excellent and the extra features of the suits are excellent. Things like an inner pen pocket and an inner pocket for business cards. Shirts hold up extremely well and remember to have the cuffs tailored to fit the watch on your left wrist.

One thing to remember - you need to do the fittings. If tailored clothing does not fit right it is your fault as you likely did not have enough fittings.

You will not go wrong with this shop. I fly to Bangkok each year and this shop is the reason why. The people who work there are the best in the business.

BobbyGulati, Owner at Raja's Fashions, responded to this reviewResponded December 16, 2012

Thanks so much! Pleasure having you our loyal customer - See you soon! Boby G

Reviewed December 14, 2012

I did my research after a friend who has lived in Bangkok recommended that I go to Bobby Gulati to get my suits and shirts made. This is one of the few times that the experience far exceeded my expectations. While other tailors in the neighborhood (and there are MANY) were hawking their products on the street, Bobby was busy with a bee-line of top executives, Master's golf champions, and international diplomats trying on their suits and picking fabrics for the next outfit. Besides, who can complain when you start out with Gin and Tonic even before you've looked at a single fabric? Bobby, his incredibly gentle father Raja, and his sister Mona not only helped me pick out the best fabrics, they made me feel so comfortable as if I had known them for years as good friends. Bobby's one-liners are classic and will keep you smiling throughout the fittings until you make the final payment! I was truly amazed at the final work product, the attention to detail, the accommodation of all my requests, and the final price tag especially when compared to the prices in the US. Those of you thinking about going to Hong Kong to get bespoke suits and shirts, don't even think about it. Just visit Bobby in Bangkok and you will come home looking like a million dollars (and your wife or significant other may not even recognize you - that's the best part!! :)). I will surely be back - hope to wear out the five suits, three sports jackets, and nine shirts quickly - just so I can be back in Bobby's shop again with another Gin and Tonic in hand. Loved it. (Tip: Bobby is one of the best connected individuals in Bangkok - reach out to him if you need a travel tip, a hotel room, a local tour guide, taxi for the day or whatever...he has a resource waiting for you).

Thank you so very much for taking the time to write such a kind review. Looking forward to seeing you again. Cold G & T's always on hand! See you soon I hope - Bobby G