“A Truly Bespoke Experience”
Review of Raja's Fashions

Raja's Fashions
Ranked #3 of 475 Shopping in Bangkok
More attraction details
Owner description: Raja's Fashions offers high quality tailoring at reasonable prices. Raja’s Fashions is well known for providing high quality suits and shirts crafted and tailored from exquisite imported English and Italian fabrics. Our selection of styles and materials are top notch.Serving the expat & diplomatic community for four decades, Raja's Fashions has been featured in many international publications. This year Raja will celebrate its 49th anniversary of high quality tailoring.
Bethesda, Maryland
“A Truly Bespoke Experience”
Reviewed December 14, 2012

I did my research after a friend who has lived in Bangkok recommended that I go to Bobby Gulati to get my suits and shirts made. This is one of the few times that the experience far exceeded my expectations. While other tailors in the neighborhood (and there are MANY) were hawking their products on the street, Bobby was busy with a bee-line of top executives, Master's golf champions, and international diplomats trying on their suits and picking fabrics for the next outfit. Besides, who can complain when you start out with Gin and Tonic even before you've looked at a single fabric? Bobby, his incredibly gentle father Raja, and his sister Mona not only helped me pick out the best fabrics, they made me feel so comfortable as if I had known them for years as good friends. Bobby's one-liners are classic and will keep you smiling throughout the fittings until you make the final payment! I was truly amazed at the final work product, the attention to detail, the accommodation of all my requests, and the final price tag especially when compared to the prices in the US. Those of you thinking about going to Hong Kong to get bespoke suits and shirts, don't even think about it. Just visit Bobby in Bangkok and you will come home looking like a million dollars (and your wife or significant other may not even recognize you - that's the best part!! :)). I will surely be back - hope to wear out the five suits, three sports jackets, and nine shirts quickly - just so I can be back in Bobby's shop again with another Gin and Tonic in hand. Loved it. (Tip: Bobby is one of the best connected individuals in Bangkok - reach out to him if you need a travel tip, a hotel room, a local tour guide, taxi for the day or whatever...he has a resource waiting for you).

Visited December 2012
BobbyGulati, Owner at Raja's Fashions, responded to this review, December 16, 2012
Thank you so very much for taking the time to write such a kind review. Looking forward to seeing you again. Cold G & T's always on hand! See you soon I hope - Bobby G

Manila, Philippines
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“Raja's, you cannot get a better tailor in BKK”
Reviewed December 12, 2012

24 years ago I had my first suit (actually, you will always buy more than one...) tailored at Raja's.
I have been coming back to them from different postings in the world and will continue to do so in the future.

Buy a suit off the rack in Europe or the US, and you will know the difference. Good choice in material, good fitting, speedy service and a very good atmosphere. Bobby has the most amazing memory for names, recognizes people that have not been back for years. That is real customer marketing!

One remark: next time Bobby, when Bubba Watson is being measured next to me, warn me earlier please?

Matthijs

Visited December 2012
Hi Matthijs! Thanks so much for your review and continued business. I will of course warn you! Take care - Bobby G
Honokaa, Hawaii
31 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“The best tailor in Bangkok”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Raja and Bobby Gulati are superstars in Bangkok's fashion scene. I've been having clothes made at Raja's for the last 20 years. There are clones all over the place but Raja's Fashion is only located on Sukhumvit, Soi 8.

Visited December 2012
BobbyGulati, Manager at Raja's Fashions, responded to this review, December 16, 2012
Accept to impersonators! Thanks so much for your business and kind words - See you soon! Boby G
United States
“Excellent Service and selection. I will never buy off the rack again.”
Reviewed November 30, 2012

I was on business in Bangkok for a couple of days. My peers at work referred me to Raja Fashions. We went there on a Thursday evening after work. When we walked in, there were numerous customers in the shop. Even then, we were greeted with a warm smile and a friendly attitude by Mr. Gulati (Bobby). He even remembered my friends name since he had shopped there before. We were invited to sit down and offered drinks. One of the ladies then brought over multiple books containing material samples. The choices were numerous with various types and thread counts. They had numerous Italian silks and wools.

As this was my first time, my initial intent was to get one suit and a couple of shirts. As I was going thru the material books, I had a hard time choosing just one. I ended up selecting 2 Cashmere Wool (top of the line Super 180s) suits and 4 Egyptian cotton dress shirts. As I was going to be out of town on Friday, they asked me to return on Saturday morning for my first fitting. The feel of the material and the fitting were fantastic (even in an unfinished state). They made some pins to mark for minor adjustments to the suit. The pant and the sample shirt were right on the mark. The second fitting was later that evening. I tried on the suits, pants and all the shirts. What a fantastic feeling wearing something that fits so well! I will never buy off the rack again.

The prices were quite reasonable for custom made clothing. While you may find some cheaper places, they will not be able to match the quality, service, and customer friendly service that you get at Raja Fashions. This was an excellent shopping experience. I am absolutely enjoying the suits and shirts. I would highly recommend you visit.

A. Tailor, USA

Visited October 2012
Thanks so much for the kind words and glowing review. Look forward to seeing you again soon. Bobby G
Royal Palm Beach, Florida
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“The place to go!”
Reviewed November 27, 2012

I purchased my first two custom suits from Bobby and the products are nothing short of fantastic. The quality of material is exceptional, the fit is perfect and the fittings went off like clockwork. Bobby, Raja and the staff make you feel like family when you visit, there is always a cold drink for you and plenty of folks to visit with while your there.
Raja's is the only place I go and recommend to others for their custom tailoring needs!

Visited October 2012
1 Thank Rob R
BobbyGulati, Owner at Raja's Fashions, responded to this review, December 2, 2012
Thanks so much for the review Rob - It was our pleasure to serve you and we hope to see you again soon!

Bobby G