“Was...Ok.” 3 of 5 bubbles

The Robin Hood Pub
Ranked #736 of 10,632 Restaurants in Bangkok
Cuisines: Bar, European, British, Pub
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Brunch, Breakfast, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Sukhumvit
“Was...Ok.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2014 via mobile

I was really looking forward to a nice Sunday roast dinner, especially to some light, tasty Yorkshire puddings, fluffy on the inside with a nicely tanned outer shell....unfortunately they were rock solid back rocks that just hurt my teeth. The beef was well done and potatoes bland. The roast dinner is offered until 7pm, so at 6.30pm it seems that I had the re-heated prepared food from 4pm, this is consistently the case with many places and never fails to disappoint me. I would prefer to wait 45 minutes and have everything cooked fresh than to have left overs served within 20 minutes. The so called buffalo chicken wings were re.heated too...

Good deal on draft Carlsberg and they also offer the usual (expensive) imported draft beers.

Will go back there as my other Londoner Veterans drink there. But I might just stick to the beer and nice atmosphere.

Robin H, General Manager at The Robin Hood Pub, responded to this review, August 10, 2014
Dear BangkokBrit

Thank you for your honest and insightful comments. We are always looking to improve and we value being told how we can be better in the future. You comments have been noted and we will act on them.

Kind regards,

Robin

• Korean first
  • Thai first
London
“Favourite Pub in the area”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2014 via mobile

I tried all the Western style pubs in the area and Robin Hood was my favourite (they're all good though). There was a good "vibe" during a relaxing Sunday afternoon warming up for the World Cup Final with good music, friendly and welcoming staff/management and the food and drinks selection was good. I also liked the Happy Hour. The football in the early hours was good fun as well I would definitely go back

• Visited July 2014
Dear AtacamesRob

Thank you for letting the Tripadvisor community know about your recent and positive experiences at the Robin Hood English Pub.

We always show staff our customer feedback, and the staff were really happy when they read how you enjoyed the vibe and the levels of service you received when you visited.

We look forward to seeing you again.
Gibraltar
“Great steak”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2014

Had a great steak cooked exactly as i like it. My thai wife had thai food and also said it was probably one of the best meals she has had in Bangkok in a long time. Happy hour is also really welcome bonus! Cant wait to go again next time i am in Bangkok.

• Visited May 2014
Dear Ron D

Thank you for your very kind comments. The staff were really pleased when I showed them your review - they find it very rewarding when they get it just right for a customer.

We look forward to seeing you again during your next visit.
Bangkok, Thailand
“Reliable choice when wondering where to have a pint and bite”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2014

We've been going to the Robin Hood for several years and have found the service to be great. The girls really make an effort and get the orders right. I was suprised to see one negative review of the service as we have never experienced poor service.
The menus offer a good selection and we found the Thai dishes suprisingly good for an English themed pub.
Only slight catch is the price of the beer - quite high, I think.
Good sports coverage and nice atmosphere.

• Visited June 2014
Dear Keith N-14

Thank you for your kind feedback. Our staff try hard to ensure our levels of service remain high at all times. We're not perfect, but we do try hard.

Don't forget that as well as selling premium beers we also have Carlsberg draught at 99b a pint all day every day, and an excellent happy hour between 4pm and 7pm where bottled beer is 75b and pints start from 80b.
Bangkok, Thailand
“Drinking hangout for old expats”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2014

As I had a 2-day meeting at a hotel in the area, I spotted Robin Hood Pub and also saw that it had quite positive reviews from Trip Advisor contributors. I went there after my meeting in the late afternoon to find the place croweded, mostly with older white male expats and just a few Thais. Seems most patrons go there for the drinks more than the food. The pub was uncomfortably hot and the air quality inside wasn't all that appealing (poor air conditioning?). The only seat availalble was at the bar, which was fine by me as I was alone.

Scanning the drink list and the menu, I noted they offer a nice selection of beers, ales and spirits, but they were presented on their drink list in a confusing array of prices, presumably according to sizes, bottles versus draft, and times of the day, but my waitress was completely incapable of explaining the options to me! Figuring out the basics myself, I opted for their Happy Hour 100 baht draft pint of Heineken (they also offer an all-day special 99 baht Carlsberg draft).

Food is standard bar fare, with an emphasis on English pub grub, of course. Prices are a bit steep (e.g., 380 for fish and chips), but not terribly out of line for this part of Bangkok.

Generally, service was acceptable but not particularly attentive or friendly.

Overall, the place is OK, but I wouldn't go out of my way to return.

• Visited June 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Robin H, General Manager at The Robin Hood Pub, responded to this review, June 17, 2014
Dear Raintree_Thailand

Thank you for your honest and down to earth review of the Robin Hood English Pub. Our customers vary greatly, generally dependent on the time of day. In the late afternoon many expats finish work and take advantage of our excellent Happy Hour prices. As you noted, we currently sell a pint of Heineken for 100b between 4pm and 7pm. If you come later in the evening you will find a much greater mix of Thai and Japanese customers who prefer to socialise in the pub at a later hour.

Kind regards,