“Quaint & Lovely. VERY helpful & concerned staff. Like being at home.”

and 1 more site!
Queen Suriya's Castle
Ranked #480 of 710 Bangkok B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 26, 2011

I booked a few weeks in advance for my 2 girlfriends and I. I relished the fact that this was a small guesthouse and not a boring hotel room. My email booking was replied to and confirmed by Mr. Toey very promptly. No problems there.

We arrived the guesthouse around 9pm by taxi from the airport. As soon as we opened the taxi door, we were immediately greeted by Ekk and Fekk. Ekk is the manager of the guesthouse, while Fekk is his assistant. They were so friendly and welcoming. Check-in was smooth.

They only have 2 rooms. The 3 of us got the room on the 1st floor. The other room was of course on the 2nd floor. As soon as we entered, we instantly fell in love with the room. It was HUGE. 1 double bed + 1 single bed. The sheets are so soft and smell so good! Some decorations on the wall of a Buddha face and hands. There were 2 windows that looked out onto a small river that separated our guesthouse from buildings and shops on the other side. The river is brown, but it didn't stink, even when we were having our breakfast out on the front patio. The restroom was retro with orange-brown & white tiles. There was hot shower. We had cable tv but most were in Thai, but that's alright, we always tuned into Thai music channels - we loved listening to their music while we were resting in the room. Our room had a small balcony with 3 chairs and a wooden coffee table, which overlooked the bar and entrance of the guesthouse. That brought more charm to the room. In the mornings, we'd sit at the balcony and watch locals go by.

There is a semi-circle open air bar / counter from which they can serve drinks while you sit on the stools. We had our daily breakfasts at their front patio, which can accommodate about 5 - 6 tables which can sit 2-3 people each. They serve breakfast and beer to walk in customers daily. A nice place to enjoy a light breakfast in peace or to kick back and relax in the evening with a few friends. They also can serve dinner which they help you order from other restaurants nearby, as they don't have a full-fledged kitchen.

The staff were top notch. There were some language barriers but that was no problem at all. The lady that cooked our breakfast every morning and cleaned our room was Mu. Fekk helped us with our bags, made coffee and took general care of the place. Ekk was our go-to man. He manages the place and he is awesome! This guy can do almost anything - he drove us to temples and shops, helped call metered taxis, told us many tips about the places that we wanted to visit, gave us directions, he was even a maintenance man for the place 'cos he was hammering a part of the roof of the patio that needed some attention, he helped book our tickets to the Calypso Cabaret, he even called us to ask if we were coming back late and made sure we were ok, as we were at a pub and planned to stay late - we told him not to wait up, 'cos we knew he needed his sleep! If we didn't tell him that, he would have waited! We would have loved to meet the owner Mr. Toey, but he was away bringing people on tour outside of Bangkok city. I managed to speak to him on the phone on the morning we left, and thanked him.

My 2 girlfriends and I were so sad to leave. There's just something so cozy and warm about the place. We'll definitely return to Queen Suriya's Castle when we stay in Bangkok again, hopefully soon!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
3  Thank Amazing78

Reviewed July 22, 2011

Stay in Queen Suriya's Castle? YES! I recommend you to pick it as your choice to stay in Bangkok. Cozy! Warm hospitality! And the staffs are friendly. It made me feel like close to home eventhough I'm far from my hometown. NICE..SUAY MAK MAK!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Jennifer_Sebastian
Reviewed June 10, 2011

We stayed three nights at Queen suriya castle.it was a perfect start to our holiday.The feeling is like staying at someones home and yes this is a beautiful home.We had great experience in Bkk.
We will surely return to Queen suriya when we come to Bangkok in the future.
Thanks a lot

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Kimm019
Reviewed May 16, 2011

I first stumbled across Queen Suriya's castle as I took a stroll down the main canal in the Khaosan area of Bangkok. The area is beautiful an quiet, whilst still being a hive of local activity with local children fishing the canal and so forth. Upon meeting the staff I decided to change hotel without even seeing the room. They were so helpful and enthusiastic, giving me invaluable advice and insider tips for my stay in Bangkok. Upon entering the room I was most pleasantly surprized. Without doubt the largest most spacious room to be rented in Bangkok for the price. Kept immaculately with very decorative furnishing. You immediately get a good feeling from your surrounding and I was very happy and comfortable here throughout my stay. The hotel is very exclusive with only two rooms. This allows for staff to cater to your every need, but also it makes it feel like home as you can just come and go as you please without being bothered.

All in all possible the best accomodation and expirence I had on my trip through South East Asia. Highly Recommended.

Room Tip: Call ahead because of limited availability
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
7  Thank TomasOCeallaigh
Reviewed April 20, 2011

Very homey hotel with large clean room, super friendly staff, quiet location and only a few minutes’ walk to Khao San Road. A plus was the owner also does tours and booked all my travels around Bangkok, Phuket and Phi Phi. Farn made my trip very memorable. Thank you very much.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank mr_timmy79
Reviewed April 12, 2011

great place to stay in fantastic, quieter area. rooms overlooking canal. great balcony. Few teething problems with satellite TV and WiFi whilst we stayed but soon to be sorted. Highly recommended for someone who is looking for a room with all the amenities but the character of a homestay.

Room Tip: Both rooms are lovely
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 8, 2011

"Well coming" would be the best word to explain my experience in this hotel.Thank for the review in tripadvisor it made me easy to choose" queen suriya " for during I stay in bkk for 3 night ,actually I come bkk for twice time a years for my business .this is my first time for this area!!
I just wanted to tell that I loved to stay at your beutiful B&B,I enjoyed the big room,the location,the breakfast with fresh coffee and your staff has always been nice,available ,dedicated and helpful-you too! and my lovely things was I can catched the local bus to the JJ market it taked time just only 30 minute from here.the last thing I need to say thank you for the owener for his handle my trip to koh samui because he do as the travel agency also that why He can give you for any information that you want to do
All the best,come back again for sure!!!

Room Tip: have a look at tripadvisor site
  • Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business