“Came there for nothing!”

Breakfast at Hansaah
Ranked #729 of 10,793 Restaurants in Bangkok
Cuisines: French
Good for: Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Cash Only, Free Wifi, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Sathorn
Description: Breakfast at Hansaah is the restaurant in ground floor of Hansaah Guesthouse Where breakfast is served to guests, but also outside clients who are always welcome. We are open for breakfast every day from 07:30AM to 1PM. We propose whole wheat bread, tropical jams, yogurts, crepes, waffles (all 100% natural and home made).We serve an excellent Arabica coffee. And great full english set with bacon, sausages, black pudding produced by an english man.
Zurich, Switzerland
“Came there for nothing!”
Reviewed July 7, 2013

They are closed on Sundays, but wouldn't have the idea to mention that on their website.
Luckily there was a really nice Italian restaurant 50 metres from it. :-)
Its name is Lido. Go there, yummy!

• Visited July 2013
2 Thank DWJT2012
hansaah, Owner at Breakfast at Hansaah, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
This is obviously a fair review.
Did not taste the food but rates it terrible
Came to the place and was disapointed not be able to be welcomed. But rates the location terrible ;-)

I welcomed this customer personnaly and was sorry not to be able to welcome him as the staff was already gone. That's not a reason for such a terrible review !!

In fact our menu (displayed on the website) states we are opened monday through saturday
We are also opened sunday morning for breakfast.

Our doors, our steel curtain specify it also

Not obvious enough for sure ....we will correct that

We serve people with all our heart.

I am sad to see our some people want to harm you for such little problem.

It's really pityful not to have better goals in life ;-)

newtown, ct
“Small unique restaurant”
Reviewed March 9, 2013

The chef prepares each dish individually and the results show it. This is a small unassuming restaurant and easy to pass by. Luckily we stopped in as it's just down the street from our Bangkok apartment on Sri Bumphen. The Thai dishes were superb (excellent laab, stir fried morning glory w/oyster sauce and papaya salad). They also serve breakfast….real homemade bread with homemade banana/ginger jam, homemade natural yogurt, fresh squeezed OJ, espresso. Menu also includes Basque dishes which we haven’t sampled yet. Other diners recommended their whole fish dishes which we plan to sample on our next visit. They also run a small boutique hotel next door.

• Visited March 2013
Dehiwala-Mount Lavinia, Sri Lanka
“Simply wonderful”
Reviewed March 16, 2011

I found Hansaah French Bistro by chance a few years ago when they first opened, and now one of the things I most look forward to during my visits to Bangkok are my meals there. The restaurant is the ground floor of the highly regarded B&B by the same name which occupies the floors above. The chef has trained in the culinary arts in Paris and it shows in the quality of the food served here which is prepared fresh to order.

They are open for breakfast from 8:30 to 11:30am and for dinner from 6:00 to 10:00pm Monday through Saturday. The dinners range in price from ฿150 (US$5.00) to ฿220 (US$7.30) which make this experience an extraordinarily great value.

Two of my favorites on my most recent visit were the grilled chicken topped with a rich creamy garlic sauce (฿170), and glazed diced pork slow cooked in a pot with chicken stock, garlic, onions and prunes (฿175). Their Beef Bourguignon is another delight. They also have an Asian dish, a kind of stew, called massaman curry which my friend who lives in Bangkok said was fantastic. Their homemade bread is served with meals.
From their several deserts, I always get the crepe which can be ordered with sugar, honey, maple syrup, or as I prefer, with Hansaah’s homemade jam (ginger-banana or papaya-lime when I was there) for ฿100.

The breakfasts are among the best I have ever eaten. The poached eggs are flawless as is their French toast.

One last note, their dining room chairs are very comfortable and I gather some time went into their careful selection.

• Visited February 2011