“One of the Very Best”

27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 124 helpful votes
“One of the Very Best”
Reviewed October 17, 2012

Have been a regular at Baan Sabai for five years or so. And while it's very easy to get a poor Thai massage in Bangkok, at Baan Sabai the experience is invariably superior, better than at spas charging many times as much. So I willingly travel across town two hours of pure bliss.

This is a small, family-owned neighborhood spa; the staff are all extremely well trained and consistent. The place is clean and comfortable, and the price is certainly right.

Anyone here will provide a great massage, but if, like me, you prefer getting your massage from a male, you'll discover that Nan, Baan Sabai's lone masseur, is a true star.

Visited October 2012
1 Thank Favolo

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Madrid, Spain
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 56 helpful votes
“don't miss it! quality and cleaning are extremely good and price only 180Bats (6U$)”
Reviewed September 27, 2012

The thai massage consist in a person using legs, hands, arms and the whole body, on you giving a very amazing massage. The experience in this place was unique. It is like 5 or 7 minutes walking from the Kaohsan road. You get there easily and just in that area you can have an excellent food in small restaurants that are 100 to 300m from BaAN Sabai. We paid 180Baths each (my girlfriend and I) and it was just the best massage I got in my life. The women came into us from the legs and then keep working all the time using their on feet and legs and arms/hands in ocassions using a leg screwed with your leg, as a lever to change your muscles and bones into positions are more confortable to provide the massage. It never hurts. My wife is very sensible in legs (they always hurt when having shiatsu and finger hard pressure on calves and thighs and she said it was fantastic!).

The place is the cleanest place I entered in all Thailand. They give a green tea in the end. The rooms are excellent. The massage is on a carpet on the floor (very clean, very confortable). They provide clean fresh and excellent confortable clothes for Thai massage kind.

After legs, they continued with all the body, including arms and fingers and the all parts of the body were treated very professionaly. In the end, just when I imagined the unlimited hour was finished, the women left us and other 2 women came to us. They seated in a kind of loto position with a pillow on their legs and we laid on them letting our neck and head to be pleasfully relaxed with another long massage.

It was not necessary to use lockers (I don't know if they are available or not) as we had our things on our side completely secured and we felt very safe all the time. I am pretty sure the place is very safe. You will see a very peacefull and relax man in the entrance who is the manager of the Spa. Very cordial.

Don't miss it!. It is only 180Baths (6 dollars!) and the hour for me was inifite... my wife said it was more than one hour (1,15)... perhaps she was right!

Just arrived in Madrid where we live, we already started to think on Thai massages.

Visited September 2012
2 Thank emaletta
Palo Alto, CA
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 118 helpful votes
“Excellent Massage, Questionable Rooms”
Reviewed August 17, 2012

I'd made a list of massage places from tripadvisor in case we wanted one while out roaming around. That's how we ended up here. My husband got a body massage while I opted for a foot massage. It turned out that my foot massage included a fair amount of head, neck and shoulder work which is what I really needed. I was really surprised by how good the massage was. Much more pressure than at Wat Pho and really more knowledgeable work. My husband thought his body massage was superb. However, he did say that the rooms could be cleaner (foot massages are done in a communal first floor room, body massages are done in individual rooms upstairs which I didn't see). The massages were either 300 or 350 baht for an hour.

Visited August 2012
2 Thank 2teens
Singapore, Singapore
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 241 helpful votes
“Good massage but facilities are sub-standard”
Reviewed May 18, 2012 via mobile

The oil massage was good but not excellent.
But the facilities were not nice. Although they did have proper massage beds, it wasn't a very relaxing experience. The massage room is divided by curtains into very small compartments, the curtains block the airflow of the AC and it got quite stuffy and hot. Worst was that right next to the masage room is the break room for the staff. They were loudly chatting away durning the entire 90 minutes of my massage.

Overall: not a relaxing and memorable experience.

1 Thank poboxearth
London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Excellent oil massage”
Reviewed April 27, 2012 via mobile

In a backstreet of charming bang lamphu old town, this place is clean, bright and welcoming with a family feel. I had a 2 hour Thai oil massage for 600 bhat and it was wonderful, I'll be going back!

2 Thank disapia