“Location,Size,Comfort,Friendly,Clean,Perfect!”

Ranked #82 of 866 Hotels in Bangkok
Sydney, Australia
“Location,Size,Comfort,Friendly,Clean,Perfect!”
Reviewed August 10, 2014

First time to Bangkok. Clean, comfortable, friendly.
Wifi, breakfast great.
Room had three of us, bathroom large.
Easy to Asok for the BTS and MRT
Not a huge hotel - so a more comfortable, personal experience

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Parkplaza B, General Manager at Park Plaza Bangkok Soi 18, responded to this review, August 13, 2014
Dear SydTez,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write to us on TripAdvisor!

I appreciate your feedback regarding your stay at the Park Plaza Bangkok Soi 18 (Sukhumvit) and have shared these with my team. It is always a pleasure to receive a positive review, which will serve as an encouragement to all our Associates as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

I thank you again for sharing your experience, and we hope to have the pleasure to welcome you, your family or friend to the Park Plaza Bangkok Soi 18 (Sukhumvit)!

reservations.bangkoksoi18@parkplaza.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (324)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hungarian first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Alicante
Reviewed August 10, 2014 via mobile

Our first experience at the Park Plaza Soi 18 was so great last year that we decided to stay again this year. We are so glad we did. The service, rooms and food were all as great as we remember. We would recommend you stay on the Plaza Club floor as the benefits are certainly worth the money. We enjoyed the complimentary canapés and drinks after a long day in the city. A special mention about Som and Jeab in the restaurant, they were so attentive, friendly and Jaeb especially has a great sense of humour. We also took advantage of the pool being open until late and enjoyed some delicious cocktails made by Oar.

Breakfast is well organised, with a large variety of choices to suit everyone.

It was also great to see Giant again doing a fabulous job as the Concierge and Nunu too.

If you are looking for a well maintained, friendly hotel which is a short walk away from restaurants, bars and the all important Asok station, Park Plaza Soi 18 is the place to be!

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Ciara2403
Dear Ciara2403,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write to us on TripAdvisor and for your kind comments on our Plaza Club Floor and for mentioning certain members of our team! :)

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed August 9, 2014

Stayed here in June found it to be very clean in a grate location, staff where very good if I where to go back to Bangkok I would have no hesitation in going back to this hotel, in general a great all round hotel.

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Robert S
Dear Robert S,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write to us on TripAdvisor and for your kind comment on our cleanliness!

Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed August 8, 2014

This was my 2nd time in Bangkok and once again I found myself along the Sukhumvit corridor. Really liked this hotel. It was clean, well situated, and a close to public transport. It's less than a 5 minute walk down Soi 18 and about 10 minutes from the Asoke station. I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dear 7thnovember,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write to us on TripAdvisor and for your kind comments on our location!

London
Reviewed August 8, 2014

OK, this review comes quite late as I am new to trip Advisor.
I stayed in this property a little bit more than 2 years ago, during Songkran festival, and part of a backpacking trip around Asia.
The funny thing on arrival at the BTS station is, I did not know there were 2 clu Carlson hotels in the area, so without a map and after a long flight,made a wrong turn and ended up at the oher Park Plaza Shukhumvit, where I was told I did not have a booking :-). Lesson learned, next time I'll get a city map at the airport.
But after that, everything was perfect, great location in a quiet street, felt welcome straight away by the staff, from the receptionist to even the doorman, who told me much about Thai traditions as well as Buddhist culture, which was fascinating!
Pool and gym facilities are excellent, though not for extensive swimmers, this is not a lap pool (and I have not found a hotel in Bangkok that has one)
Rooms are very nice, with normal amenities you would expect in a 4/5* hotel.
Overall, a great stay and a long overdue review, I'm back there in November so will check whether it is the same, but from other reviews, it surely might be!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Dear Pierre G,

Koh Tao, Thailand
Reviewed August 7, 2014 via mobile

I have stayed at Park Plaza last month for 3 nights and I am staying here right now for another couple of nights just 1 week later, on my way back from Bali. Amazing value for money.
This hotel have everything I need in Bangkok, starting with bed which is hard to get out from. Fluffy clean pillows (4 pieces) and remote controllers of the lights (build-in on each side of the bed) and TV/DVD which don't look like they are from 80's.
This hotel room is pimped up to perfection, someone really stepped on it and put USB chargers into the panel underneath the 42" flat screen. Dark furniture, desk with nicely organized workplace for laptop, hard line internet on Jo-Jo, table lamp, office chair, alarm clock, telephone - all working.
Small built in minibar with complimentary Coffe, tea, water. Easy to operate bigger safe box in matching dark colors and combination of soft carpet and hard wood floor, again in matching dark colors. Bathrobes, torch, umbrellas, wi-fi, breakfast to room service. They have it all!
It's a lovely nice spacious room which feels very homey and fresh, but at the same time very purpose given and modern.
Bathroom is - depending on the side (facing parking lot or another building) - with shower (glass cubicle) or with bathtub. This one have both (room 310).
It's not easy task to find hotel with great breakfast buffet, I would love if they have some cold cut options for breakfast but this is not Radisson even it feels like one :)
Connection to Siam is super fast since Asok BTS is literally behind the corner. Very professional and friendly, English speaking staff. Swimming pool is on 8floor I think and there is small gym as well.
Truly great hotel for middle class travelers in The city of angels.

Stayed August 2014
1 Thank NoWayUCanStopMe
Parkplaza B, General Manager at Park Plaza Bangkok Soi 18, responded to this review, August 8, 2014
Dear NoWayUCanStopMe,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write to us on TripAdvisor and for your fantastic and detailed review! Thank you for being soo detailed with your reference to our in-room features highlighting the bedding, USB port under the TV and desk work space.

Brisbane
Reviewed August 6, 2014

This was the 2nd stay at Park Plaza Soi 18 and again it didn't fail me.

Excellent location, very attentive staff, nice & clean and well maintained, facilities are top notch, especially love the bathrooms, spacious and bright.

See you again soon