Park Plaza Bangkok Soi 18
Travelocity
$154
$139
2,519 results
All reviewsclub carlsonrooftop poolgreat hotelasok btsquiet streetexecutive roomtuk tukthe main roadconcierge staffmassage placesmin walkrain showerconvenient locationlate checkmodern hotelstayed here for nightsstreet food
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 12, 2014

We arrived to the hotel late and only for one night but the staff at reception were lovely, the rooms are clean but small. We did not have a good view as we could see into the apartment next door and therefore had to keep the curtains closed but that wasn't an issue.

This hotel is good value for money.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
Parkplaza B, General Manager at Park Plaza Bangkok Soi 18, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2014

Dear Taniae,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write to us on TripAdvisor and for your kind comments on our reception staff!

I thank you again for sharing your experience, and we hope to have the pleasure to welcome you, your family or friend to the Park Plaza Bangkok Soi 18 (Sukhumvit)!

Reviewed July 11, 2014

We spent two nights at the Park Plaza in May of this year. These were the first two nights on a three week journey through Southeast Asia. After a long journey from the United States, we were hoping for a clean and quiet place to get a few good nights sleep to recover from any possible jet lag. Our room at the Park Plaza was very clean and modern. Free internet was fast and reliable. The only negative part of our stay was the Floating Market our hotel arranged guide took us to. The market was pretty far out of the city and they charged us 3000 baht for two hours, kind of felt like a major tourist trap.

Pros: Clean room, friendly staff, great location, modern looking rooms.
Cons: None.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Travelingduck541

Dear Traveling Duck,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write to us on TripAdvisor! I have well noted the various areas of your kind review and have shared these with my team. It is always a pleasure to receive a positive review, which will serve as an encouragement to all our Associates as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Reviewed July 7, 2014

I stayed at the Park Plaza on Club Carlson points and thought it was the best thing ever. I got an upgrade upon check-in and was allocated a larger corner room with a good view of the city. The central location and quality room (for its price) are the main plus points

Pros
- Good value - The quality of the rooms is simply amazing for the price point. The room is spacious and well furnished. I couldn't have been more satisfied

- Friendly staff - The staff were really helpful and upgraded me upon check in. They also never failed to greet you or show a friendly face when you are around

- Great location - the hotel is located within walking distance to the mall and other tourist sites. There is also a great massage place at the corner near the BTS / metro - do book ahead though!

Cons
- Far walk from the metro if you have luggage

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank Han N

Dear Han,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write to us on TripAdvisor and for your kind comments on the quality of the rooms!

I appreciate your feedback regarding your stay at the Park Plaza Bangkok Soi 18 (Sukhumvit) and have shared these with my team. It is always a pleasure to receive a positive review, which will serve as an encouragement to all our Associates as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Reviewed July 3, 2014

A great stay.
Staff were exemplary and nothing was to great or too small for them.
A well maintained and well polished hotel
Breakfast and amenities were of an A1 standard

Unfortunately the WiFi let them down as it was nearly non existent in my room. The excuse was everyone must be using it. Funny that when I was near or in the toilet it was magic.
Not very good if trying to view business presentations. Everybody can't crowd into the toilet

Room Tip: Try not to get room 524 if WiFi is needed
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
3  Thank Yamana2013

Dear Yamana,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write to us on TripAdvisor! I have noted for the various areas and my IT Manager has since made the necessary rectifications accordingly.

Reviewed July 2, 2014

We found this hotel to have excellent rooms, great breakfast and friendly staff. The location is really good with easy access to transport and shopping centres. The only problem we had was some noisy and unwanted guess's who kept us awake one night, who we have written to management about. A good choice at the right price.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank mick4922London

Dear Mick,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write to us on TripAdvisor and for your note directly to me!