“Award winning. Deservedly so.”

Park Plaza Bangkok Soi 18
Ranked #91 of 889 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed February 4, 2014

The hotel staff and concierge were all so helpful and friendly especially a guy called A. The bed was incredibly comfortable and the room has a huge walk in shower wet room. The hotel is in a fantastic location and just 5 minutes away from a beautiful restaurant called long table. It's on the 25th floor of a high rise building looking out over bangkok city. The only downside was the tv did not have many Chanel's but that is the only thing could possibly fault in this wonderful hotel.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jed T
Parkplaza B, General Manager at Park Plaza Bangkok Soi 18, responded to this reviewResponded February 9, 2014

Dear Jed,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write to us on TripAdvisor!

I thank you again for sharing your experience, and we hope to have the pleasure to welcome you, your family or friend to the Park Plaza Bangkok Soi 18 (Sukhumvit)!

reservations.bangkoksoi18@parkplaza.com

Write a ReviewReviews (2,381)

Reviewed February 3, 2014

We stayed here as part of honeymoon in Thailand and just wanted somewhere cheap, clean and nice while we spent 4 days in Bangkok taking in the sites. This hotel was perfect for that. Was very clean, staff very friendly and the roof top pool and bar up there was brilliant, much better than we thought we would get. The actual room was brilliant, huge bed, cleaned everyday and bathroom was great. No view from the room but we did not ask for one and with the roof top pool area you don’t need a balcony or room with a view. We booked via Expedia and was only £45 per night, which for this price we got an amazing deal on this lovely hotel. Close to shops, sky train for getting about and the staff are helpful with taxi’s if you require them.

The little bar next door is also great for a chaep meal and drinks and would highly recommend the Vertigo restuarant & Moon Bar and the Nahm restaurant

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TimmyCairns62

Dear Timmy,

Reviewed February 1, 2014

We stayed at this hotel only one night only ,hotel is fairly small, building does not look great and nice but inside is fairly new, clean and nice. Small lobby and small rooms, it is good enough for a short stay really.
Although it is very close to Sukhumvit road and Asok but Soi 18 is very quiet street so you can stay nice and quiet and within 5 min of walk can be in centre of Bangkok night life.
Rooms have no view so no point stay on higher floor or lower ones, I think all same.
Wifi works well as far I have used it.
Staff are nice and friendly but do not relay on them as I have requested for Taxi for 4:00 AM from reception as we had to catch another flight at 6 to Koh Tao but unfortunately no one call the room to say Taxi is ready so we missed the flight!

For price you pay you probably can find better option around Sukhimvit area but if you want to try known brand try them.

1  Thank HesamSaroukhani
Parkplaza B, General Manager at Park Plaza Bangkok Soi 18, responded to this reviewResponded February 2, 2014

Dear Hesam,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write to us on TripAdvisor! I appreciate your feedback regarding your stay at the Park Plaza Bangkok Soi 18 (Sukhumvit) and have shared these with my team. It is always a pleasure to receive a positive review, which will serve as an encouragement to all our Associates as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services. I am reviewing together with my night team right now in relation to the taxi request and will put the necessary measures in place to enhance on this.

Reviewed January 29, 2014

It is always a pleasure to return to the Park Plaza where the atmosphere is friendly and relaxed and the location is very convenient with shops and a large park nearby. The staff are always helpful. We look forward to our next visit.

Room Tip: No preference, they're all good!
1  Thank PhilR124

Dear Phil,

Reviewed January 27, 2014

I stayed at this hotel last week for four nights, on arrival at air port tried to get taxi and could not because of protest so had to get sky train into city. And then walk the rest of the way, good location if you want to go shopping but is a long way away from kosan rd, got nice room at hotel and staff and food was pretty good, but one major downfall is the cost of using the phone in your room, i had a problem with bank card so had to ph bank in uk, was on ph no more than an hour and got charged £107stg which was astronautical, would recommend hotel but don't use your phone in room!!

• Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank Geno1983
Parkplaza B, General Manager at Park Plaza Bangkok Soi 18, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2014

Dear Geno,

Reviewed January 27, 2014

Spent a couple of days here at the start of November 2013. Well located for transport -Asoke BTS close by. Soi 18 is quieter than Soi 20 and I would say a little bit more up market. Good bar/ restaurant next door or walk down the road and there are some other nice bars/restaurants. Try Kwan Khao restaurant nice little bar and great green curry - Annie the bar owner is very welcoming.

Hotel has a nice swimming pool on the roof, rooms really nice (bath and a shower in the same room). Staff very friendly and helpful - I went swimming with my room key/pass and lost it! Reception were happy to give me a new one even though I was dripping over their floor!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo

Dear Steve,

Reviewed January 27, 2014

Our first trip to Bangkok and we booked this hotel because the location looked great and it was. This was part of a 4 week trip and the room was one of the best we had.
The hotel is quite small from the outside and the reception area was a little underwhelming but the room was fantastic.
Everything was very modern, TV, DVD player, great bed with lots of pillows. Fantastic bathroom with an awesome shower. One thing to mention one side of the bathroom wall is glass, there is a blind you can pull down but if you are sharing with a friend you wouldn't want to be to shy. We had a room on the lower floor and the windows looked straight into the building next door but not a big issue. The room was everything you could need, it was lovely.
They have a roof top pool and bar which is very cool and nice to relax away from the hectic atmosphere of Bangkok.
The concierge staff were amazing, they could not have been more delightful and helpful. One of the best I have come across.
The location is great, outside the hotel there a few eating options and plenty of massage places. You walk down the road (its a bit of a side street) and you are on the main road to everything and the train station is right there.
Definitely a great option for Bangkok and highly recommend it.

Room Tip: Some reviews recommended not paying for a higher standard room until you arrive as it is cheaper, th...

Dear Terri,