“Convenient location and excellent value”

Park Plaza Bangkok Soi 18
Ranked #84 of 867 Hotels in Bangkok
Adelaide
“Convenient location and excellent value”
Reviewed October 30, 2013

I spent 4 nights at Park Plaza Bangkok Soi 18 and found it to be a great choice for several reasons.

Firstly, the location is very convenient. It's only a few minutes walk to Terminal 21, BTS and MRT. Being close to the trains is important in many cities and Bangkok is certainly no different. There are plenty of places to eat nearby with a wide variety of cuisine's on offer.

The room itself was a good size and very clean and modern. The only thing that let it down, albeit a very minor thing, was some of the towels were old and fraying a bit but that didn't detract from an otherwise excellent hotel room.

Breakfast was quite good with plenty of variety and staff were friendly and accommodating.

I have no hesitation in recommending this hotel to anyone staying in Bangkok. Great value for money!

Room Tip: Pay a little extra and get a Club room. it gives you the option of breakfast in your room (which is...
1 Thank NUFCadl
Parkplaza B, General Manager at Park Plaza Bangkok Soi 18, responded to this review, November 1, 2013
Dear Phil,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write to us on TripAdvisor!

I thank you again for sharing your experience, and we hope to have the pleasure to welcome you, your family or friend to the Park Plaza Bangkok Soi 18 (Sukhumvit)!

reservations.bangkoksoi18@parkplaza.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (324)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hungarian first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Cambridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 29, 2013

I stayed at this hotel with my boyfriend at the beginning of our Thailand trip. I would say this is one of the best value hotels in Bangkok! For the list price and how nice the rooms were, it's pretty unbeatable in terms of value. The hotels i located on a small street just off a main street in the Sukhumvit area. It was nice as this gave it more of a local feel.

It is very conveniently located to both a BTS and MRT station - Asoke and Sukhumvit stops. The walk to the stations is less than 10 minutes. It is also close to Terminal 21 mall and Soi Cowboy. As Bangkok is so big, being close to a train station is key! The fact that this hotel is close both lines of skytrains is a bonus.

Would definitely stay at this hotel again!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Kaitlyn,

Point Lonsdale, Australia
Reviewed October 28, 2013

First dont confuse with others by similar name, this hotel is in Soi 18 Sukhumvit.
Good size clean rooms with usual facilities incl pool at level 8, good restaurant "Mezza" (unfortunately under used by guests but it is reasonably priced (expect $20 for meal and drinks per person), helpful reception plus sandwich drink bar. Why go anywhere else it is 200m from sky rail (Asok) walk to Emporium....all you need from a hotel base. No views from rooms would be only downside.

Room Tip: Expect all rooms ok but higher up reduces any noise (if any) plus pool is on level 8 (can dine at po...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jwd140447
Dear Jwd,

KUWAIT
Reviewed October 28, 2013

Had a comfortable stay at this hotel, equipped with all the basic comforts that you need.
- Staff are friendly, especially the bell boy
- Gym was small but clean. It has a treadmill, elliptical machine, bicycle and free weights.
- Family Mart located a 5 min walk from the hotel. Lots of small roadside stalls located near the hotel
- Convenient location with connections to both the MRT / BTS
- Loved the fact that the gym & pool closes at 11pm everyday, unlike some other hotels that close theirs at 9pm.
- Simple address to remember - Sukhumvit Soi 18. Very easy to get cabs to travel to this location. No struggle with hard-to-pronounce road names
- Housekeeping/room service was prompt. Asked for a fruit knife and plates, which they provided in 3 minutes.. WOW
- Room smells good and clean all the time. I want to know what air freshener they use, cos I love it.
- The location. While it's located an easy 10 minute walk from the MRT/BTS station, I just hated the fact that I had to walk more after a long day of walking (Especially when you're carrying heavy shopping bags!). The hotel is located in the Sukhumvit area, so traffic jams are the norm. It took us more than 1.5 hrs to get to the airport on our last day. Just something to take note of.

- The bed & pillows are too soft for me. No firmer pillows available to cater to people with bad backs

- Jacuzzi water was a little dirty and cold, but water pressure was good.

- Room was too dim. It was hard to put make up on. Please bring your own portable mirror

- Gym was a little small with only one treadmill.

- Walls are pretty thin and I can hear doors slamming / people talking

- There was some confusion with the door knob at the beginning. I suggest that the hotel put a small note on the door to tell people to push to enter.. Cos i was furiously trying to turn the knob to open the door but it just wouldn't budge.

Dear INM,

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed October 28, 2013

I stayed at the Park Plaza Sukhumvit Soi 18 from 24th Oct to today (28th Oct). I had stayed at various hotels previously for my leisure and business trips in Bangkok, but decided to try Park Plaza this time. I am definitely not disappointed. The room rates were reasonable. From the check-in process, to the check-out process, everyone was very professional, friendly and just made me feel so welcomed.

The hotel's service engineers were also very impressive, as I had some room faults (DVD's remote not working and air-con leaking), within 5 minutes of my feedback to the front desk, the engineers were at my door to rectify the problems. The F&B team were great, the complimentary breakfast had quite a good spread, and the staff in the restaurants were very attentive, even with my room service pizza orders, they also took a short time, and the pizzas were delicious.

For the price I paid, it is truly an excellent experience! About 10 mins walk to BTS, lots of street food along the road...

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Parkplaza B, General Manager at Park Plaza Bangkok Soi 18, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Dear Kelch,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write to us on TripAdvisor and for your kind response, especially to our engineers and kitchen team! :)

Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed October 26, 2013

Stayed 4 nights in 2013 Oct.
Clean, Great Service, good price, convenient location. All you need for a hotel as a base in Bangkok.
Is only small downside is the view from the hotel rooms is not great. So many positives, this is not an big issue.

Room Tip: I would stay here again and would recommend to friends.
Dear Mervyn,

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed October 25, 2013

We have just spent 3 wonderful weeks at the park plaza soi 18 on a family holiday with 6 adults,this hotel is very clean & comfortable,the beds are great with the most comfy pillows I have ever slept on,the aircon worked really well.The staff are so friendly & happy everyone had a smile for you every time you saw them,from the staff at the desk to the happy security guys on the front door,housekeeping & thanks to Pok,Giant & A for all there help.it is in a good location to everything you could need,the sky train & subway are about 10 minutes walk & are the best way to get around Bangkok.we will definitely be staying here next time were in Bangkok.
Also a big thank you to Peter Lucas the hotel manager for everything,please thank all your staff for their hospitality.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Vaughan C
Dear Vaughan,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write to us on TripAdvisor! I appreciate your feedback regarding your stay at the Park Plaza Bangkok Soi 18 (Sukhumvit) and have shared these with my team. It is always a pleasure to receive a positive review, which will serve as an encouragement to all our Associates as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.