“Great Sukhumvit Hotel”

Park Plaza Bangkok Soi 18
Ranked #84 of 879 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed April 4, 2013

Moved to this hotel after being in Bangkok for business - needed a change of scene for a weeks vacation and to celebrate our 20th anniversary. The difference from the big corporate outfits was a very welcome change. This is my favourite hotel in the city. Clean, friendly, welcoming and the fast Internet connection and roof-top pool very much appreciated. The location is great - accessible to all of the usual city distractions and a short walk from the BTS and MRT stations. The upgrade to the 'club floor' with drinks and canapés is not a rip-off and I'm enjoying a nice glass of Australian white as I type this! Increasingly work brings me to the city and this is not the last time I'll stay here...

Room Tip: We stayed in room 726. This is a large studio room on the club floor. I can't vouch for the smal...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Parkplaza B, General Manager at Park Plaza Bangkok Soi 18, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2013

Dear Spruce,

Firstly congratulations on your 20th anniversary and hope you had a great trip! Thank you very much for taking the time to write to us on TripAdvisor and for your comments in relation to the room type upgrade to the Club Floor! Hope you will get a chance to return again soon.

I appreciate your feedback regarding your stay at the Park Plaza Bangkok Soi 18 (Sukhumvit) and have shared these with my team. It is always a pleasure to receive a positive review, which will serve as an encouragement to all our Associates as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

I thank you again for sharing your experience, and we hope to have the pleasure to welcome you, your family or friend to the Park Plaza Bangkok Soi 18 (Sukhumvit)!

There are newer reviews for Park Plaza Bangkok Soi 18

Reviewed April 3, 2013

My wife, son and I stayed overnight at the Park Plaza on Friday 22nd March before flying to Phuket and found this hotel to be very good and in a convenient location for the Sukhumvit Area. The room was very clean and the hotel is modern and bright. The staff were very helpful and friendly and we only wish we could have stayed a bit longer when leaving. The rooftop pool and gym also looked very inviting.

Room Tip: Corner suites are large and sunny.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Dear David,

Thank you very much for your kind comments and for writing to us on TripAdvisor!

Reviewed April 3, 2013

We had the pleasure of staying at this well run hotel twice on this trip. The accommodation is excellent and the staff
made us feel at home. The roof top pool/bar area is great after a heavy day shopping, breakfast is plentiful, and the hotel spotlessly clean.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Nick,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write to us on TripAdvisor!

Reviewed April 1, 2013

We have had the pleasure twice to spend short mini holiday hotel Park Plaza. As a guest, you get a complete experience of being valued as a guest. Large double rooms with every conceivable technique - when you are in the shower, you can switch the sound over to the speaker system in the bathroom. The double bed is fantastic - "Sealy" - the world's best Mattress. The temperature in the room is nice and constant and no wind from the AC running 24/7.
The hotel is in a quiet area at Soi 18 - Skytrain, Starbucks and huge shopping center is “just around the corner”!
On the rooftop you can enjoy a gigantic pool, spa, pool bar and large modern fitness room to the tune of launch house music. Both the bar and room service is very low prices – huge burger with french fries and coleslaw approx.. - 5 U.S. Dollar
The hotel is very perfect for conferences with large conference rooms
Finally, a big thank you to General Manager Peter Lucas and his amazing staff, who have made these stays so special. We'll come back in the autumn.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Otto S

Dear Otto,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write to us on TripAdvisor and for commenting on such specifics like our 'Sealy' mattresses and our pool bar and room service menu!

Reviewed March 31, 2013

As we liked this place so much on our first night of our 2 week travels we decided to re-book for our last night in Thailand before getting the flight home.
As we arrived back by taxi we were greeted with a welcome home by the staff we were then lead to the reception and told we have been upgraded to a suite (reception staff so polite)
Our room was a palace !!!! It was a shame that we at to be at the airport for 6.35 the next morning and would miss breakfast.
As it was our 25th wedding anniversary trip it certainly made our stay in Bangkok special.
Great location
Stylish boutique hotel
Very nice roof top swimming pool. I could go on. Would recommend to anyone stopping in Bangkok.
Big thanks to staff at the plaza

Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Codnjane

Dear CodnJane,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write to us on TripAdvisor and for staying with us a second time - Happy 25th Wedding Anniversary! :)

Reviewed March 31, 2013

The hotel is very new and modern and furnished well, the rooms are clean and the staff are amazing. I would like to say a big thank you to A who helped us throughout our stay and also would like to thank coco, nuno, giant & pok. They are a amazing asset to the company and made us feel very welcome and sorted out any trips for us and also gave us the best advise every day on where to go and helped with our travel arrangements. It is probably the best service i have received compared to many hotels that i have stayed at,there English was very good and they were always available at any time with a smile and willing to help you with anything. I hope park plaza looks after them as much as the team look after the guest. The sky train is located within walking distance from the hotel and is probably the best and quickest method of transport during traffic.It is very close to many food places and also many shops nearby and also terminal 21 shopping center. The WiFi in the hotel is free and is very good and the signal was always strong. The rooftop pool is a good relaxing place and is open till late at night, the AC in the room worked constantly and kept us cool throughout our stay. It was a pleasure to stay at Park Plaza and if i return to Bangkok this would be my first choice for staying.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Bejan L
Parkplaza B, General Manager at Park Plaza Bangkok Soi 18, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2013

Dear Bejan,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write to us on TripAdvisor and for your great response to us! Thank you also for noting the entire bell boy team, I have passed this response to A, Nuno, Coco, Giant and Pok.

Reviewed March 29, 2013

this hotel is in a quieter position than most sukhamvit hotels,but is in a position to access many good restaurants. The bedrooms are on the large side,modern and well appointed,and very clean.the restaurant is on the first floor and is modern but very comfortable and has a great bar .we were warmly greeted at reception and shown to our room.the internet was not great which was a shame because we both had work to do.i have stayed in many hotels in sukhamvit but will definately stay here again as they assure me that wifi be improved.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank yentocs

Dear Yentocs,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write to us on TripAdvisor! I appreciate your response and just would like to mention that effective from 1st March we will have a wifi speed of 10mbps across the entire hotel (complimentary), this will be one of the fastest speeds in Sukhumvit!