“2nd stay at the park plaza,soi18”

Park Plaza Bangkok Soi 18
Ranked #82 of 868 Hotels in Bangkok
“2nd stay at the park plaza,soi18”
Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

As we liked this place so much on our first night of our 2 week travels we decided to re-book for our last night in Thailand before getting the flight home.
As we arrived back by taxi we were greeted with a welcome home by the staff we were then lead to the reception and told we have been upgraded to a suite (reception staff so polite)
Our room was a palace !!!! It was a shame that we at to be at the airport for 6.35 the next morning and would miss breakfast.
As it was our 25th wedding anniversary trip it certainly made our stay in Bangkok special.
Great location
Stylish boutique hotel
Very nice roof top swimming pool. I could go on. Would recommend to anyone stopping in Bangkok.
Big thanks to staff at the plaza

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Codnjane
Parkplaza B, General Manager at Park Plaza Bangkok Soi 18, responded to this review, April 7, 2013
Dear CodnJane,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write to us on TripAdvisor and for staying with us a second time - Happy 25th Wedding Anniversary! :)

I appreciate your feedback regarding your stay at the Park Plaza Bangkok Soi 18 (Sukhumvit) and have shared these with my team. It is always a pleasure to receive a positive review, which will serve as an encouragement to all our Associates as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

I thank you again for sharing your experience, and we hope to have the pleasure to welcome you, your family or friend to the Park Plaza Bangkok Soi 18 (Sukhumvit)!

reservations.bangkoksoi18@parkplaza.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (324)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hungarian first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 31, 2013

The hotel is very new and modern and furnished well, the rooms are clean and the staff are amazing. I would like to say a big thank you to A who helped us throughout our stay and also would like to thank coco, nuno, giant & pok. They are a amazing asset to the company and made us feel very welcome and sorted out any trips for us and also gave us the best advise every day on where to go and helped with our travel arrangements. It is probably the best service i have received compared to many hotels that i have stayed at,there English was very good and they were always available at any time with a smile and willing to help you with anything. I hope park plaza looks after them as much as the team look after the guest. The sky train is located within walking distance from the hotel and is probably the best and quickest method of transport during traffic.It is very close to many food places and also many shops nearby and also terminal 21 shopping center. The WiFi in the hotel is free and is very good and the signal was always strong. The rooftop pool is a good relaxing place and is open till late at night, the AC in the room worked constantly and kept us cool throughout our stay. It was a pleasure to stay at Park Plaza and if i return to Bangkok this would be my first choice for staying.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Bejan L
Parkplaza B, General Manager at Park Plaza Bangkok Soi 18, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Dear Bejan,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write to us on TripAdvisor and for your great response to us! Thank you also for noting the entire bell boy team, I have passed this response to A, Nuno, Coco, Giant and Pok.

Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 29, 2013

this hotel is in a quieter position than most sukhamvit hotels,but is in a position to access many good restaurants. The bedrooms are on the large side,modern and well appointed,and very clean.the restaurant is on the first floor and is modern but very comfortable and has a great bar .we were warmly greeted at reception and shown to our room.the internet was not great which was a shame because we both had work to do.i have stayed in many hotels in sukhamvit but will definately stay here again as they assure me that wifi be improved.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank yentocs
Dear Yentocs,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write to us on TripAdvisor! I appreciate your response and just would like to mention that effective from 1st March we will have a wifi speed of 10mbps across the entire hotel (complimentary), this will be one of the fastest speeds in Sukhumvit!

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 27, 2013

Our hotel felt like it was located in the heart of Bankok , literally in the city centre but to travel very cheap. We were looked after by fantastic members of staff Mr A is an asset to your organisation. Very polite, well mannered and amazingly helpful regardless of what you need. Mr A had recommended many placed to us which we had done, I have never come across such a helpfull but happy team. Along with other staff that we had come across koko, nuno, giant and pok which were again fantastic The room was excellent and it was a smooth operated hotel. I rate this hotel as well as the city number 1 and will definitely return back.

Bandish

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Bandish T
Parkplaza B, General Manager at Park Plaza Bangkok Soi 18, responded to this review, March 29, 2013
Dear Bandish,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write to us on TripAdvisor and for noting our full bell boy team (even more impressive by names)! I passed this response onto Nuno, Giant, Koko, A and Pok!

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed March 27, 2013

Location is great - 100m from BTS (train line), Terminal21 (massive shopping center), restaurants and nightspot like Soi 11 and Soi Cowboy.
WiFi is very strong and stable (unlike most other hotels).
Gym and swimming pool on rooftop - nice!
Price is fair - and will be 500baht/night less if you book one month in advance.
Conference tables available but they cost 500baht per hour - one floor up you can sit and work for free at the restaurant. (The breakfast is fantastic for westerners and Asians).
Service is exceptional and staff are very friendly - I have been here quite a few times and they say 'welcome home' when I walk in the door!

Room Tip: I have stayed on many floors, in many wings - All rooms are great.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear Sonjater,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write to us on TripAdvisor and for your kind comments on all areas, i passed on your response to our concierge team! Glad to read you like the wifi (just for info from 1st May we will increase speed to 10mbps from 8mbps) and breakfast.

Vancouver, BC
Reviewed March 23, 2013 via mobile

Stayed at the Park Plaza Soi 18 in March 2013. Booked with cash & points which made it a very good value for money stay.

The hotel is tucked away on a side street a 5 min walk from Sukhumvit and Asok Skytrain station. A very convenient and central location allowing easy access to different parts of the city via MRT (subway) & Skytrain.

Checking in took about 10 min. The staff offered to 'upgrade' me to a room with a city view for a fee. Turned out that the upgraded room was on the third floor, same floor as my original booking, so I declined.

The room was spacious with modern finishes. Comfy beds, and rain showers always a plus. Quiet at night so you can get a good night's sleep. Room also came with big flat screen TV and DVD player. Free wifi throughout hotel, although connection speed an reliability less than impressive.

The breakfast buffet was decent, not extravagant but with enough options to satisfy most palettes.

There is also a basic Thai restaurant right next door and a bar if you're looking for some authentic food. Lots of restaurants just down the road closer to Sukhumvit, and of course on Sukhumvit itself, which is great for eating out.

Overall, a great hotel. Would stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013
Dear Pouladi,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write to us on TripAdvisor and for your favourable response to us!

Invercargill, New Zealand
Reviewed March 23, 2013

I spent 8 nights at the Park Plaza with a friend of mine when I was in Bangkok recently for work. The staff we encountered were always friendly. The rooms themselves were quite small but we were only sleeping there so it wasn't too much of a problem. The hotel is in such a good location, great little restaurants all around, walking distance to almost anything you want, shopping, eating, drinking, skytrain station.... The rooftop pool was a great place to relax at the end of the day and escape the heat of the city with a few cocktails during happy hour.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Parkplaza B, General Manager at Park Plaza Bangkok Soi 18, responded to this review, March 24, 2013
Dear Fallon,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write to us on TripAdvisor and for noting our team and our rooftop bar Happy Hour!