Park Plaza Bangkok Soi 18
Ranked #91 of 889 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed March 3, 2013

We gave Park Plaza on Soi 18 a try because we just had enough points to stay for free (we usually stay in Park Plaza Sukhumvhit).
The hotel is very new (just about one year old) and therefore not yet worn out which is clear plus.
Check-In was friendly, professional and efficient. The corner room is a little bit bigger and has better views out to Soi 18. Room and bathroom were spotless with good facilities (WIFI, Kettle, TV/DVD, Minibar etc).
The modern design of the whole hotel is rather on the dark side (too much dark wood, dark carpets to my liking) which makes the room appear rather small.
We cannot comment on breakfast / food / restaurant / swimming pool because we did not use them.
Overall PP Sukhumvhit is the better choice, although it costs approx 20% more.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Parkplaza B, General Manager at Park Plaza Bangkok Soi 18, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2013

Dear UselessGuru,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write to us on TripAdvisor! It is true that the colour scheme and concept we have gone for in the hotel is one of contemporary, minimalist, cutting edge and the usage of dark woods and carpet has been molded to this concept. The usage of lighting (red's and whites) to give the image/feel of modern Bangkok.

I appreciate your feedback regarding your stay at the Park Plaza Bangkok Soi 18 (Sukhumvit) and have shared these with my team. It is always a pleasure to receive a positive review, which will serve as an encouragement to all our Associates as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

I thank you again for sharing your experience, and we hope to have the pleasure to welcome you, your family or friend to the Park Plaza Bangkok Soi 18 (Sukhumvit)!

reservations.bangkoksoi18@parkplaza.com

Write a ReviewReviews (2,383)

Reviewed March 1, 2013

Business or laisure makes no difference, we enjoyed this hotel more than once and are always happy with the service. Location great - easy to access the airport as the city center. And if you do not feel like going anywhere, just stay around and find some of the small places to eat. Area is safe.

Before you get out of the taxi, make sure you are at the right Park Plaza. They are 2 and although close to each other, you do not want to walk with the luggage :-)

Both hotels are good, the one on Soi 18 is just perfect.

Room Tip: we stayed in the higher floor, but hotel has a quiet location /side street/ and is not disturbed by...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank mxn399

Dear Mxn399,

Reviewed February 26, 2013

This hotel is the best I´ve visited in Bangkok (5 times). The location is perfect, staff friendly, nice rooms with good bed, very good breakfast and so on. We had the room on 4 th floor, the view was to the Soi 18, it was ok!
We also visited first the wrong Park Plaza, because of the staff in airport limousine taxi.
Next time we are sure to live in Park Plaza hotel in Bangkok and recommend it to all people over the world.

Dear Helja,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write to us on TripAdvisor!

Reviewed February 25, 2013

I stayed with my wife here in Feb 13. There is another hotel by the same name in the area. This one is Park Plaza Soi 18 and another one is Park Plaza Sukhumvit. Make sure you dont confuse the 2 while booking.

Everything was up to the mark and the service was of top class. The house keeping staff was super efficient and cleaned the room each day with a lot of enthussiasm.

My only sour point is the view from our room. It was completely dead with a tower next door which was so close to this hotel. I have never stayed in a room with practically zero view, so we got a little sad. Also, our room aircon was a bit erratic. We suddenly used to get up soaking wet with sweat everynight, no matter how low we tuned the aircon temp.

Apart from the lack of view, our room was extremely well appinted and stacked.

A restaurant called 'Lean on tree' is a must try which is just next door.

A good experience overall.

Room Tip: Watch out for dead wall view rooms. They are very boring.

Dear TaurusAl,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write to us on TripAdvisor and for your nice comments on our housekeeping team! I have shared this with them!

Reviewed February 25, 2013

The Park Plaza Soi 18 is located up a little side street (soi 18), about a half block from the main drag. Check in was quick and efficient.
The executive rooms are fairly spacious, especially the bathrooms. Part of the room has carpet, part is hard wood floors. The room includes a nice sized flat screen t.v., safe, a writing desk with lamp, and an alarm clock. There was plenty of mood lighting in the room. Air conditioner controls are located right next to the bed, and the system was quiet. You can get it cold enough in these rooms to hang meat. The bed is so big you''ll need binoculars to see the other side. The bed linens were soft and comfortable. The bed itself was firm, but not as over the top rock hard as some Thai hotels.
The oversized bathroom had a rain shower with a wooden bench to enjoy sitting under the water and a deep soaking tub. Water pressure is not that great, but does the job. Towels are large. Bathroom amenities are about standard.
The hotel room walls are thick enough that I never heard noise from another room.
The breakfast buffet is one of the best I''ve seen in a while. There is an egg station, lots of fresh fruit, six different types of juice, Asian fare, fresh salads and a bread station. The dining room was never over crowded when I was there. I didn't have breakfast included in my rate plan, but it's worth the $13 they charge. I did not dine at the restaurants in the hotel.
There is a very nice roof top pool here also. The pool area is spacious, and the pool was fairly large. The water was clean and cool. Food and drinks are available poolside. It was a great way to cool off after a day in the city.
Staff were always extremely helpful and polite. One of the young men from the hotel was driving the hotel tuk-tuk and recognized me walking back to the hotel. He stopped to give me a ride, which was much appreciated as it had been a long day. Now that's good service!
The location is about an easy five minute walk to the Skytrain. With the Skytrain you can go about anywhere in the city.
Please note that this isn't the big Park Plaza chain. This company has two hotels (the other is the Park Plaza Sukhumvit) within a few blocks of each other.
After three weeks in the backwaters of southeast Asia, this hotel was a great place to recharge the batteries. It's the kind of room you don't mind spending some time in.
I found that rates varied widely depending on the search engine you are using. HotelRooms.com and AsiaHotels.com were showing much better rates than Agoda or even the hotel itself. The two properties can have really big differences in the rates, so look at both of them on several websites before booking.
This is a nice four star in a great location with comfortable rooms, great service and a cool pool. I would not hesitate to stay in this hotel again in the future.

Room Tip: I paid $130/night for the room through Hotels2thailand. Research this one a little bit and you might...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank mitchunleashed

Dear Mitchunleashed,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write to us on TripAdvisor! Many thanks for liking the enhancements we have made on the breakfast offering and for your comments all round.

Reviewed February 24, 2013

We've stayed in this boutique Hotel 3 nights. It is clean and affordable, decor done recently. Close to BTS and MTS lines, Sukhumvit shopping area. The staff was very helpful. Breakfast is good quality the selection will satisfy you for 4-5 days more than most of the hotels.. Maybe skip the cocktails at the rooftop bar as that was pretty lousy but other than that I would higly recommend this place.

Dear Medicrew,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write to us on TripAdvisor! Your feedback was much appreciated and myself and the team are enhancing some areas based on your feedback.

Reviewed February 24, 2013

Quite side street, a few minutes walk to Asok Sky Train station, hotel tuk tuk or taxi services arranged at your convenience. Great roof top pool, gorgeous at night. Beautiful clean, modern rooms with comfortable, large king size+ bed. Wonderful staff. Breakfast was devine and so well presented I took photo's almost every day :). Dinner was delicous as was pizza by the pool! Happy hour made us happy :) A lovely boutique hotel right in the midst of Bangkok, with staff who were always helpful and smiling. Can't wait to go back, may even take the kids next time :D

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Michele,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write to us on TripAdvisor!