“Highly recommended. Great stay”

Park Plaza Bangkok Soi 18
Ranked #84 of 879 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed January 23, 2013

This is my 4th time in Bangkok and this hotel is the best deal I ever had here.
The room is great. Free wifi. Great breakfast buffet. The staff is super helpful and friendly.
The rooftop has happy hour from 6-9 pm ( two drinks for one) and has a good atmosphere and a nice pool.
Great location. I definitely will stay here again on my next trip to Bangkok.
Very safe. Great location.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Serbiene
Parkplaza B, General Manager at Park Plaza Bangkok Soi 18, responded to this reviewResponded January 26, 2013

Dear Serbiene,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write to us on TripAdvisor and for being our regular guest (4 times now)!

I appreciate your feedback regarding your stay at the Park Plaza Bangkok Soi 18 (Sukhumvit) and have shared these with my team. It is always a pleasure to receive positive review, which will serve as an encouragement to all our Associates as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

I thank you again for sharing your experience, and we hope to have the pleasure to welcome you, your family or friend to the Park Plaza Bangkok Soi 18 (Sukhumvit)!

There are newer reviews for Park Plaza Bangkok Soi 18

Reviewed January 22, 2013

my wife and I are staying at the Park Plaza right now. We got in 3 days ago, and leave tomorrow. It's very central, the place is very clean and new, our room is on the 4th floor with no view (all we see is the side of another building and loads of funnel-shaped structures). The room is not big, but not small either. Enough for 2 people. The staff are very friendly, polite, eager to please and informative. Unfortunately their English is fairly limited. But, they make up for it by being very eager to be of assistance. I would recommend this hotel to anybody coming to Bangkok. Malls are everywhere. T21, which is a short ten to fifteen minute walk away, is a great place for food. For shopping, other malls are a quick train ride away, eg. Paragon, Siam Center, Emporium, Central World. It's quite cheap to ride the trains.
The nearest station, Asok, is very convenient because it's so well situated. You can walk all over by using the interconnected walkways above the traffic.
We would not hesitate to stay here again, if the price is right.

Room Tip: we are on the 4th floor. No view, at the back of the hotel. But, it's very quiet although the wa...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Kcim,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write to us on TripAdvisor and all the more for doing so during your actual stay at the property :)

Reviewed January 22, 2013

For around £50 for a standard room here you cannot do much better. The bed is large and comfortable and the room is clean. The rooftop pool is also a bonus. Location is the main winner with this hotel.

A few things prevented me from giving this hotel 5 stars - firstly I was given a smoking room as there were no non-smoking rooms available. My King bed was 2 smaller beds put together. The water temperature in the shower was always changing. You had to have it on full heat basically and took a little while to get up to temp. Nothing major but not perfect nonetheless.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo

Dear Mr Djorkaeff,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write to us on TripAdvisor and for highlighting our key location on Sukhumvit Road Soi 18!

Reviewed January 20, 2013

Me and my husband booked this hotel based on trip advisor's review and we fall in love with this hotel! First its only 5 minutes away from bts and main road, the staff were great and very helpful, the surrounding of this hotel are cozy and peaceful, the room is huge, love the comfortable bed, the bath room and the rain shower, there's nothing to complain. We didn't try the buffet yet but we sure will try it next time we visit bangkok (and absolutely will stay there again!!)

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Tasya_A
Parkplaza B, General Manager at Park Plaza Bangkok Soi 18, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2013

Dear Tasya,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write to us on TripAdvisor and for reviewing our posts! We hope to welcome you back again soon, for any booking assistance in the future, kindly email our team on reservations.bangkoksoi18@parkplaza.com :)

Reviewed January 19, 2013

A good boutique hotel. I arrived very early in the morning and the booking was well handled, door staff was very helpful. Hotel could do with a sign out at street level for the taxi to find. Reasonable size room, very clean and well set out. Deco was tasteful and the bedside controls was easy to function. I like that the plugs are all universal so I did not need to use my adapter, hence I can charge more than one appliances at a time. The bed is very comfortable and the pillows are nice to sink into. Shower with the rain head makes washing the day sweat away a joy. The view out the window was nothing to write about, I was on the 3rd floor and got the wall of the next door building, with all its ugliness and grime, maybe a partition with some greens would have been nice.

Housekeeping staff was very attentive and responded to requests very quickly. The hotel had decent iron that you can do your shirts without burning it from cheap iron in other hotels. I like the carpeted hall way as this reduced the noise so was not kept awake with late night coming and going of other guests.

Breakfast was good, the egg station was quick, but later on in the service, food was not replenish in a timely manner, I came down for breakfast after 9 one day and there very little left. Good that they had a balcony area for the smokers, although the smoke did irritate if you are siting near that area. The roof top pool is very nice, kept clean and clear, the gym was sufficient for a quick morning workout, although they should have the pool towels out earlier for the early morning people.

Access to Sukhumvit is easy from the hotel, nice easy walk to the sky train or underground. I like that there is an ATM machine right outside the door of the hotel, makes access to cash easy and safe.

Overall, a good hotel that I would use again.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Thanhle70

Dear Thanhle,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write to us on TripAdvisor! You pointed out a good rare aspect, our universal power adapters in each room assist greatly and reduce the hassle of needing a spare adapter to travel with.

Reviewed January 14, 2013

We certainly enjoyed our stay at Park PLaza Soi 18 !! The staff were very, very helpful, and the concierge was the most helpful you could ask for. The hotel was well situated, about a 3 block walk from the BTS Asoke station. The staff was very welcoming, and the lobby was pleasant. It is well situated in the Sukhumvit, as others have said.We use the hotel for sleeping and slight resting. The view from the rooms are not terrific, but that allows one to explore on the street level and find real quaint places. The room was very spacious, and the amenities were fine. Shower and bed were clean and tv was perfect. We ate two evenings at the restaurant and it left a little to be desired. Breakfast had variety: yogurt, cereal, pancakes, eggs, fried potatoes, meats, salads, pastries. We had hope the food to be a little warmer, and told the management. It was ok !! We ate appetizers one night with their buy1 get 1 beverage special. It was fine! Another night we ordered pizza---not so good. There is a pool and jacuzzi and exercise room. The hotel was just fine, and I would stay again. Of course, the price was right!! They even have a half price snack area from 6-9pm. We bought several things there for our food for the next day while on the rode, and munchies in our room. Overall, the place was clean, friendly and quiet. Didn't hear a sound from the neighboring rooms. For us, cleanliness is what we want at a reasonable price. Here you will find that, leaving more money to spend in town!!!

Room Tip: We were in the 405 and room 510 (I think). 405 had a very large desk area(see pics)--really nice for...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Dmiw,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write to us on TripAdvisor!

Reviewed January 11, 2013

I reviewed this hotel some eighteen months ago. I loved it but said that the breakfasts left a lot to be desired. Guess what, the breakfasts have been improved, the food is actually hot now and it does not simply cater for Eastern tastes. This is a real gem of a hotel, friendly staff, great rooms and I for one will keep coming back.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Passepartout56

Dear Passepartout,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write to us on TripAdvisor and we are delighted that you can notice the enhancements since your visit some 18 months ago :)