“Fantastic Hotel in Bangkok” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Park Plaza Bangkok Soi 18

Park Plaza Bangkok Soi 18
Ranked #80 of 849 Hotels in Bangkok
성남, 대한민국
“Fantastic Hotel in Bangkok”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2013

Cheap Price,
Best Location,
Kind Employees,
Nice Room..

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Parkplaza B, General Manager at Park Plaza Bangkok Soi 18, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Dear Mr Seo,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write to us on TripAdvisor!

I appreciate your feedback regarding your stay at the Park Plaza Bangkok Soi 18 (Sukhumvit) and have shared these with my team. It is always a pleasure to receive positive review, which will serve as an encouragement to all our Associates as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

I thank you again for sharing your experience, and we hope to have the pleasure to welcome you, your family or friend to the Park Plaza Bangkok Soi 18 (Sukhumvit)!

plucas@parkplaza.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (311)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hungarian first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
bangalore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2013

Ok thsi one is one hell of a functional hotel situated extremely close to BTS Asoke. Firstly everything is available within walking distance or a short BTS ride. (In case you are doing a lot of to & fro, buy the one day pass for 130 Bahts). The rooms are well appointed, staff friendly and efficient. The amenities in the room are also excellent. The pool & the gym on the 8th floor were nice and i enjoyed my work outs & dips there. The breakfast buffet is not the most lavish but nonetheless it worked for me. in case you want to be near Siam & Sukhumwit area, this is the hotel to be in.

Room Tip: Dont get confused by another park plaza hotel which is visible from the BTS Asoke Station (I got c...
Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Parkplaza B, General Manager at Park Plaza Bangkok Soi 18, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Dear Mr Ariz,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write to us on TripAdvisor and thank you for choosing our property and for extending your stay with us! :)

Suzhou, China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights and enjoyed it very much. The location is very good, near MRT Asok.
Rooms are very nice, especially the bed is amazing, so comfortable and big.
Bathroom is very spacious and has a separate bath and shower, all very good quality.
Only downside is I guess the view. The building is built so close to the next, that you literally look into someones apartment, so we just kept the curtains closed. There is not much fresh air coming into the room. We had the feeling someone had been smoking in there, so there wasn't a very pleasant smell in the room, but that's about the only thing and might be different in other rooms.
Very helpful and friendly staff and the whole hotel looks very clean and proper.
I would definitely recommend this and would stay here again when in Bangkok.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Brenda,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write to us on TripAdvisor and for your favourable comments in relation to the room bedding and shower, thank you and have read out your review at our head of department briefing today!

Hamburg, Germany
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2013

The best about the hotel is the location. Very conveniently at 300 m from BTS and MRT in the nice and calm Soi 18.
It is rather new and so the bathrooms are nice and the amenities are mostly working.
About the rest: average
Breakfast with limited choice in a dark and noisy room. Staff is busy making noise but the buffet is not taken care of. Quality is second rate (juices, coffee, bread) and you are complimented out if you are at the end of breakfast time.
Rooms have no view (wall at 3 meters) on the western side (Deluxe rooms) or little view with a noisy exhaust pipe form the hotel next door that is working 24/7.
At checkin my room was "ready in short time" but I waited a hole hour.
So my tip: It is ok but look for one of the hotels next door as the location is good but

Room Tip: As there is no view from the executive rooms either you are better of with a deluxe room. Cheaper an...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Oliver B
Dear Oliver,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write to us on TripAdvisor, I have well noted your response and I'm currently in the process of making the necessary adjustments accordingly! I hope we get a chance to welcome you again on your next visit to Bangkok. Please let me know if I may be of any future assistance at all.

Dubai
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2012

The hotel is located in a quiet side street of Sukhimvit Road and ticked all the boxes for what I was looking for in a short break in the city. The check in was quick and easy and I found the room to be more than adequate in terms of size, comfort and amenities. The bathroom is modern and had everything I needed. The concierge/door guys were fabulous, always friendly and offering advice. The hotel has a tuk-tuk to take you to the top of the street, though the walk is easy and you can be at Asoke in about 8-10 minutes. Along the street are places to eat and lots of massage shops. The value was outstanding and I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank LovinEveryMinute
Dear LovinEveryMinute,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write to us on TripAdvisor and for your thorough and favourable post!

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2012

I stayed here with my boyfriend in december 2012. We were very pleased to find such a modern and contemporary hotel with friendly staff and in a good location close to shops and public transport. The roof top pool is very relaxing with a great bbq buffett on friday nights. If you stay for the weekend it is a must and very reasonably priced.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Rebecca,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write to us on TripAdvisor!

mumbai
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2012

We stayed at Sukhumvit Road SOI 18 Park Plaza and find this hotel very good and well maintained. Staff memebers were tourist friendly and IT satff helped me to configure WiFi on my laptop. Also gadgets like coffee maker, DVD player etc were in good working condition. We selected this hotel as there is India store opposite this hotel and many India Veg restaurants. This hotel is based near Terminal 21 shopping plaza and is a good location to stay with

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Parkplaza B, General Manager at Park Plaza Bangkok Soi 18, responded to this review, December 29, 2012
Dear BNAmum,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write to us on TripAdvisor! As you rightly mentioned we do have some Indian outlets nearby and I was glad to read that you enjoyed the modern touches in the guest rooms and the complimentary wifi !