“Nice hotel at convenient location”

Park Plaza Bangkok Soi 18
Ranked #92 of 887 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed December 18, 2012

About 10-15 minutes walk from MRT or BTS Asoke exit no.6. I have no complaint about its facilities. Staff from bell to house hold services are very helpful. Although Not many Varieties of food at breakfast they are sufficient for me. A budget restaurant is nearby. It's too good for us to dine here before returning to our room.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Parkplaza B, General Manager at Park Plaza Bangkok Soi 18, responded to this reviewResponded December 22, 2012

Dear Mr Leung,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write to us on TripAdvisor and for your kind response and also thanks for your personal email to me!

I appreciate your feedback regarding your stay at the Park Plaza Bangkok Soi 18 (Sukhumvit) and have shared these with my team. It is always a pleasure to receive positive review, which will serve as an encouragement to all our Associates as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

I thank you again for sharing your experience, and we hope to have the pleasure to welcome you, your family or friend to the Park Plaza Bangkok Soi 18 (Sukhumvit)!

Reviewed December 16, 2012

This hotel is located in the business area and is therefor an expensive area.

PROS:
1. Central location and close to the Sky Train.
2. Modern rooms.
3. Nice outdoor eating area during the evening by the pool on the roof (8th floor). (Not during day time)
4. Some nice staff.

CONS:
1.The front desk clerk talked me in to Upgrading to a room which they actually couldn't provide! The room we upgraded to was supposed to be in the biggest room catagory and have a view. They lied! Our room was (although nice decor) dark and had a view down to a small dirty back alley looking directly in to the neighbours! By chance I saw the room next to us which was much bigger and actually had a view! (My advice is therefor, check and double check and don't settle until you get what you pay for! There are LOTS of good hotel deals in Bangkok!)
2. Free WiFi was slow and at times, non functioning.
3. Included in the upgrade was complementary drinks and snacks every evening between 5:30 - 7:30. Because we were the only couple using this service at the time, the restaurant staff apparently couldn't be bothered providing snacks. We had to ask for it which made me feel pushy. When the snacks eventually arrived, it was "nothing to write home about" so don't feel tempted to upgrade for that reason.
4. We chose to eat breakfast in our room but not once did we get what we actually ordered!
5. Small pool with very few deckchairs and limited sun due to many highrises around the hotel.

Room Tip: Don't bother to upgrade for shorter stay. Rooms are modern and nice. If you want a bit of a view...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Parkplaza B, General Manager at Park Plaza Bangkok Soi 18, responded to this reviewResponded December 18, 2012

Dear Lee,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write to us on TripAdvisor and for your detailed review! The matters are well noted and feedback provided to the section head accordingly. Have sent you a private message to elaborate further and look forward to speaking with you shortly in the coming day or two.

Reviewed December 14, 2012

Rooms were spacious for our group of 3, even with an additional bed. The hotel is conveniently located between Asoke and Sukhumvit stations, with easy access to both the BTS and MRT train networks. Within walking distance to the new Terminal 21, as well as several spa outlets. Front desk staff were polite, with compliments to the bell boy, Pok, who was very patient and helpful whilst handling our numerous day trip enquiries.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends

Dear Skor,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write to us on TripAdvisor! Many thanks for noting our location, walking distance to the BTS Asoke and MRT Sukhumvit.

Reviewed December 13, 2012 via mobile

This was our 2nd time at Park Plaza soi 18, and it was even better this time as we opted for an upgrade to the Executive Room which faced the main street.
Service was great as usual, and nothing beats the location of this hotel.
A tip- you can take a shortcut thru the Windsor Suites Hotel to Soi 20 where there's more bars & restaurants.
Note- Tripadvisor #9 best restaurant on BKK is right next door ( P Kitchen)

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank saa73

Dear Mr Saa,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write to us on TripAdvisor and welcome back! Many thanks for your kind comments :)

Reviewed December 12, 2012

Park Plaza Bangkok Soi 18 is an excellent hotel. The location is perfect as it's secluded from the noisy main road and it's 5 minutes from the BTS. Our stay was even better when we got upgraded to the Plaza Club Floor by the GM, Mr Peter Lucas as it's my wife's birthday and our anniversary. Mr Lucas is doing a wonderful job as the GM as the staffs are very efficient and very professional at their jobs.
Highly recommended!

Dear Mr Ismail,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write to us on TripAdvisor!

Reviewed December 9, 2012

This is our third stay in this hotel. Since last year not much has changed and it's still very good. Location is great, rooms are clean, service it good.
Still, breakfast is expensive and I recommend going to a nearby place, such as in one of the towers around the large crossing. The hotel pool is very nice.
Personnel is very helpful although we found that some of their suggestions on what to do or where to go are not always good (such as going to Asiatique for the Loy Krathong festival which turned out to be the place where everyone goes, or to take a taxi to Ayutthaya - you can get there for a fraction by train). But in general the staff try their best.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view to the city side (they have odd numbers), but apparently these are one ca...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Parkplaza B, General Manager at Park Plaza Bangkok Soi 18, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2012

Dear Tom,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write to us on TripAdvisor and for staying with us 3 times! We appreciated you noting that this is your favourite place. Please let us know if we can be of any further assistance for a future booking (plucas@parkplaza.com).

Reviewed December 8, 2012

I spent last night of my Thailand/Cambodia vacation in this hotel and it was a good choice. Paid 50 THB for a cab from Ekkamai and 400 for a cab to the BKK airport next day. Location is great - lots of restaurants and shopping centers in the area. Public transport is easily accessible too. Hotel is pretty new and contemporary furnished. Free wi-fi works very well and you can print your boarding pass in the lobby (10 THB per page). I strongly recommend this hotel.

Dear Young,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write to us on TripAdvisor! Thanks also for noting our boarding pass printing service in the lobby :)