“Quality hotel at a super price”

Park Plaza Bangkok Soi 18
Ranked #84 of 879 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed August 8, 2012

Quality 5 star hotel in a great location and super value for money. We had a stardard room which cost $71 AUD per night (from WOTIF). Breakfast for 2 was an extra $12 and was the best we had in Thailand. The hotel is an easy work to the Skytrain and there are plenty of cafes and bars close by. Soi Cowboy is just down the road if that is of interest to you.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Stu E
Parkplaza B, General Manager at Park Plaza Bangkok Soi 18, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2012

Dear Stu,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write to us on TripAdvisor and for your favourable comments on us! :)

I appreciate your feedback regarding your stay at the Park Plaza Bangkok Soi 18 (Sukhumvit) and have shared these with my team. It is always a pleasure to receive positive review, which will serve as an encouragement to all our Associates as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

I thank you again for sharing your experience, and we hope to have the pleasure to welcome you, your family or friend to the Park Plaza Bangkok Soi 18 (Sukhumvit)!

There are newer reviews for Park Plaza Bangkok Soi 18

Reviewed August 8, 2012

After searching the internet for a good hotel in Bangkok, that was central (for me), I came upon this one... And was I pleased. Close to public transport and within walking distance to shopping malls, I was happy.
The rooms are large and modern, with fantastic bathrooms and all the modcons needed for a work trip or just a holiday. Now the beds, lordy are they fabulous. I cannot explain, you need to experience it. The pillows and duvet are featherlight and you sink into a little bit of heaven. An added bonus is that I wasn't woken up at dawn by the noise of the city.
The staff are fantastic, patient and friendly and will help you out with any of your many questions.
Breakfast was a pleasure - European or Asian choice, but this is Bangkok, so look around.

My only gripe was that the room price changed (I came back for 2 nights), it works on a demand basis, thus the fuller the hotel the higher the price!! This I have never come across, so as a walk in guest, the second time I booked in, the same room was at a higher rate. To not have this, you need to become a Club Carlson member, so guess what....

All in all, a great hotel with wonderful staff in a great location. I will be back and I am recommeding it to all my friends...though they are going to have to do something about there walk in rates.....

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Nicky N
Parkplaza B, General Manager at Park Plaza Bangkok Soi 18, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2012

Dear Nicky,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write to us on TripAdvisor! My Executive Housekeeper (Khun Kittiya) was delighted when we read out your comment in this morning's briefing in relation to your comments on the bed and duvet comfortableness and quality - thank you! :)

Reviewed August 7, 2012

I'm giving this hotel an excellent rating because of the value of the hotel. This was the cheapest hotel I stayed at in Thailand and I found it to be the one I liked the most. The lobby is very clean and tastefully decorated. It is not grandiose but very nice indeed. The room was clean and smelled good. The smell of our room became important after having a smelly room the night before.

The bathroom was very clean and has a large shower. Shower pressure was good. The drain was loud when water was draining but that is a trivial quip. The bed was clean and comfortable. The decor of the room was modern and pleasing. We were really impressed with the room and the hotel. The view from the room was not good but I didn't care. We didn't have time to try the pool.

The location of the hotel is quite good. It is close to the BTS. It is also on a street with quite a few restaurants. The restaurant next door is really excellent and a good value.

Overall I was very pleased with this hotel and will stay here the next time I'm in BKK.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Adam,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write to us on TripAdvisor and for your great feedback to our team! It was a very encouraging response, thank you :)

Reviewed August 2, 2012

I chose this hotel for two nights because of the Club Carlson 50000 points promotion. It is nice enough hotel, close to Asok BTS station, in a not too nice alley, just 8 stories high, so the view from the pool/gym on 8th floor not too great, but still far better than the view from the room, which is non-existent. Got an updrade to the executive suite, but not also access to Club floor. Service is somewhat confusing, as for instance evening turndown service, which is supposed to be included for our room, never showed up, housekeeping was very late for clean up the room, staff confused over the lunch, etc. Englih speaking TV selection left to be desired. For the price paid (75 eur for a night, breakfast and upgrade to next category room included) totally worth it.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Parkplaza B, General Manager at Park Plaza Bangkok Soi 18, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2012

Dear Mirror74,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write to us on TripAdvisor! We have well noted your comments and thank you for choosing our Club Carlson promotion, we have also just recently implemented the Plaza Club Floor benefit program as of 1st August and thank you for this feedback which has been fed-back at our team accordingly for our further refinement.

Reviewed July 30, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here for three nights in July. Staff are very friendly and helpful made us feel very welcome and nothing too much trouble for them. Hotel room excellent standard very clean and tidy. Food was good I enjoyed the food. However, my only gripe is there needs to be more variety but this disnt put me off as i eat out most nights as its close to everything and some fab little restaurants. Pool area fantastic and very clean, I would highly recommend staying here. I stayed here last year as well and then again this year my fab place and very good prices thanks

• Stayed: July 2012
Parkplaza B, General Manager at Park Plaza Bangkok Soi 18, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2012

Dear Lucy,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write to us on TripAdvisor and for your great comments on our hotel! :)

Reviewed July 26, 2012

i chose this hotel because of the location, Sukhumvit (and the proximity to skytrain station Asok), the fact that there is a gym and pool on the roof and the great price/value that came to my attention from reading other reviews. although it's sometimes good to have no expectations in life - in this case i had, and i was not dissapointed :-) The staff are very attentive, helpful and friendly - efficient check-in, help with bags, etc. received an upgrade to higher room categoy, because none of the standard rooms was ready yet. The property is very modern, the rooms felt for me a nice mix of modernity and classical style... one outstanding thing is the comfort of the bed/mattress - it was probably one of the most comfortable/best quality i ever slept in. the room facilities are modern (easy, modern light control; dvd player; big tv; nice, comfortable bathroom; very speedy internet connection / everything that one wishes for).
it was nice to take a quick swim late in the evening and a positive surprise that the pool is open until 23:00. the pool area is surprisingly nice - the pool not too big, but enough to swim a few lengths, the water quality seemed ok to me. i didn't use the gym but from looking at it it seems to be rather small with a quite limited number of equipment, but still way better than what i have seen in other places (and they call it a gym).
the only negative point (and not even that was a really big deal) was that the bathroom could have been slightly more clean (the floor was a bit dusty and saw some hair of previous guests). i had to leave very early, so didn't try the breakfast.
over all this is a place i would definitely return to and recommend to others - in my eyes one of the best places i have been in this price category. i would like to thanks to Park Plaza staff and management to enable such a nice last night stay in Thailand...

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
Parkplaza B, General Manager at Park Plaza Bangkok Soi 18, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2012

Dear Ttrbt,

Wow, thank you very much for taking the time to write to us on TripAdvisor and for such a detailed account of your visit! Glad to read about the rooftop pool comments and the comfort of the bedding, we look forward to your return visit in the near future :)

Reviewed July 26, 2012

Conveniently located off main Sukhumvit Road. Easy to get everywhere via BTS and walking distance to newly opened Terminal 21. Room is spacious and well-equipped enough to put a smile on my techie boyfriend's face. Free Internet too!!! Good breakfast at affordable price. 4-hour happy hour daily is a PLUS. Hotel staff especially front desk team is extremely helpful. A gem in Bangkok. Will definitely return to stay.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jess T

Dear Jess,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write to us on TripAdvisor and for commenting on key specifics such as the location / breakfast and technical advancements in the room! Look forward to your return visit :)