“Excellent As Always !!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #78 of 849 Hotels in Bangkok
Modesto, California
“Excellent As Always !!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2012

I have stayed at this property in the past and this visit was as good as before , always a reliable hotel in terms of value, amenities, staff, ambience, neighborhood, mgmt and room details.

I met Peter Lucas and he is a sterling example of how to manage a hotel property , he made time to be friendly and listened to any issues , however minor they might have been. Overall, I was very satisfied , so there was little to report on the negative side.

As well, Mr. Off was his usual self, going out of his way to ensure an enjoyable stay and an interesting, amiable gent.

Special honorable mentions/kudos , again, to the best bellboy/concierge staff in Bangkok :

The infamous Giant, who will attend to your every need and be a good friend throughout your stay.

Then there's Koko, who is a great guy , genuinely sincere in his desire to assist you , always.

What can I say about Dragon, except that he is one of the best people I have ever known in Thailand. I really like him alot and consider him a lifelong friend.

And Pok was a really helpful / friendly guy who always helped me with rides to the corner on the tuk tuk. They really know how to hire the right people at Park Plaza Soi 18. Way to go.

Everything else , room included , was just perfect. Outstanding housekeeping, everything worked in the room, great bathroom and shower, fresh and clean linens. Strong/ spacious lockbox.

I highly recommend Park Plaza Soi 18 and will stay there again in the future. Good food in the restaurant and a great manager ( Loom ) and nice staff members.

Thanks for everything PP Soi 18 !! See you ASAP !!

Stewart Woodward , Modesto CA USA

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Peter L, General Manager at Park Plaza Bangkok Soi 18, responded to this review, March 11, 2012
Dear Stewart,

Wow! Thank you soo much indeed for taking the time to write such an inspiring comment to us on TripAdvisor! This is exactly what we strive for.

I have posted this on our Client Feedback notice board outside our canteen for all our team members to see!

Thanks for noting our key team members such as Giant / Dragon / Koko and Pok as well as Mr Off.

I appreciate your feedback regarding your stay at the Park Plaza Bangkok Soi 18 and have shared these with my team. It is always a pleasure to receive positive review, which will serve as an encouragement to all our Associates as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

I thank you again for sharing your experience, and we hope to have the pleasure to welcome you, your family or friend to the Park Plaza Bangkok Soi 18!.

plucas@parkplaza.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (311)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hungarian first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Seoul, Seoul, South Korea
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2012

The location is good. It's not far from Asok BTS station and it runs free tuktuk ride to station. The view from your room might not be satisfactory, but the room condition is good and its service is quite impressive. It makes me feeel comfortable and my stay enjoyable.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Dear Lin,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write to us on TripAdvisor!

london, uk
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2012

We accidentally booked this hotel thinking we had booked the Park Plaza Sukhumvit which is literally one street away from this by Soi 16!
Due to proximity and similarity, I can't help but make comparisons with it's name sake. In terms of facilities it's just the same, and what I have come to expect with BKK hotels - rooftop pool, modern interiors, great rooms.
I prefer the other Park Plaza (look for my review!), although I prefered the design of this hotel and I preferred the rooftop pool. But this Park Plaza lacks slightly in the customer service - only slightly. But I thought the buffet breakfast was a let down here, sad to say. There is a nice breakfast place right across the street from the hotel and staring out the window at it while chewing on my stalish bread I couldn't help wondering if I would get a better brunch there!
Rooms here are just lovely - got upgraded to Superior, but all rooms have nice tall ceilings and generous dark-tiled bathrooms.
As I said, the pool is a great hang-out spot, although there is not enough shaded loungers. It looks like they are pushing for this to be a genuine rooftop bar. Sunset was glorious up here.
Location is a bit further from Asok station than the other Park Plaza, but it's not a huge issue.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank jodyodea
Peter L, General Manager at Park Plaza Bangkok Soi 18, responded to this review, March 8, 2012
Dear Jody,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write to us on TripAdvisor!

Glad to hear that you had enjoyed our hotel, the rooftop pool and our location. Many thanks for your comments on our breakfast. Just recently (as of 1st March 2012) we have increased our spread of items and layout, thus far is being very well received and lots of positive comments. In saying that we are still looking at additional items to grow the buffet spread. We are also just about to launch our delicious Park Plaza berry flavoured musli - really awesome!!

Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2012

This is a very good hotel in a convenient location. The small soi it's on is full of massage places and little food stalls. The room is very clean. Bed is comfortable. Free internet. They have free tuk tuk to take you to the main road-Sukhumvit but we rarely used it as it was not long of a walk. Very convenient for the sky train as well. The restaurant next door, P4 is very good and reasonable in prices. We did not try any food stall on this soi but they always seem to be busy. We tried a massage place, Jum Massage. 200 bhats for one hour of foot massage! Its really relaxing.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank travjud
Dear Travjud,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write to us on TripAdvisor! I was delighted to read you had a great stay and loved the location as well as the free Internet.

Sukhumvit Soi 18 is a terrific Soi, if not the best on Sukhumvit road, very quiet and easy access to Asoke train station.

Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2012

Stayed here for two nights with family when passing through Bangkok. was a really positive and pleasant experience. First of all the location is great, only 5mins walk from the Ashok Sky Train, making it really easy to get to different parts of the city fast! (given that the traffic can be pretty awful and taxi drivers will point blank refuse to bring you to places that are too congested). The hotel itself was really modern and the decor was really nice. The staff were really helpful and pleasant and helped us out with any of our queries. The roof top pool was really different and a nice relaxing space for a city centre location. The room itself was really nice, lovely drench shower and tv and DVD player as well as iron, ironing board, safe and torch! overall cannot recommend this hotel enough. Enjoyed drinks in the bar, where barman was extremely helpful and pleasant. Just a tip, the restaurant next door is very deceiving, although it may not look like much the food is fantastic and very cheap.

Room Tip: We upgraded to a corner suite and it was well worth the little bit extra!
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Dear Emma,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write to us on TripAdvisor and for your great comments!

I really appreciate your positive notes on our pool bar and our barman as well as our shower.

Brisbane
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2012

I stayed at this hotel a couple of weeks ago for the 2nd time in under 12 months, the first time was a week after it opened in 2011. This is a very good hotel, very clean, the staff are friendly and helpful, especially Giant who is one of the concierges. I think they need some reception staff who understand & speak English better than those currently there as sometimes it's hard to make them understand your request. Re the shower, it's hard to regulate the hot and cold water to a suitable temperature, not sure if this applies to all rooms but we stayed in 3 different rooms this time and had trouble with it. Housekeeping of the rooms could be managed better, we stayed there 6 nights then went to Chiangmai for 3 then returned to Park Plaza for a further 4 nights. Our room wasn't serviced daily, it seemed we had to request this, but as we paid the same rate for each night I would expect daily service. We would be away from the hotel most days and sometimes the room wasn't serviced until after we arrived back late in the afternoon. I think this needs to be addressed. The hotel is in a good position in Sukhimvit, close to the sky train and the underground and shopping malls and restaurants and I can't stress enough about the great food at P Kitchen which is right next door to the hotel, always busy and hard to get a table at night. If I return to Bangkok I will definitely stay at Park Plaza Soi 18.

Room Tip: Rooms at the front of the hotel overlooking Soi 18 would be my pick but couldn't get one on this...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Sak,

Thank you very much for your great comments to us on TripAdvisor!

I have shared your feedback with Giant who was delighted to receive such praise.

Noted also your additional comments in relation to reception service and Housekeeping, these feedbacks have been shared this morning in my departmental briefing.

Sacramento, California, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2012

Located in the center of all activities in Bangkok, with easy access to Skytrain, Metro, and all other forms of transportation. The rooms are clean, the food is great, the staff is terrific and friendly, and the pool is a cool place to hang out after a busy day. The free computers in the lobby helped me stay in touch with folks back in the states. If you want more variety in foods, there is a terrific restaurant directly across the street at the Metro, for inexpensive but great food choices. I will definitely book again when I return to Bangkok!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank David O
Dear David,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write to us a great feedback response on TripAdvisor! Especially the positive comments in relation to our team and clean rooms and food.