“Good hotel in a convenient location”

Park Plaza Bangkok Soi 18
Ranked #91 of 887 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed March 6, 2012

This is a very good hotel in a convenient location. The small soi it's on is full of massage places and little food stalls. The room is very clean. Bed is comfortable. Free internet. They have free tuk tuk to take you to the main road-Sukhumvit but we rarely used it as it was not long of a walk. Very convenient for the sky train as well. The restaurant next door, P4 is very good and reasonable in prices. We did not try any food stall on this soi but they always seem to be busy. We tried a massage place, Jum Massage. 200 bhats for one hour of foot massage! Its really relaxing.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank travjud
Peter L, General Manager at Park Plaza Bangkok Soi 18, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2012

Dear Travjud,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write to us on TripAdvisor! I was delighted to read you had a great stay and loved the location as well as the free Internet.

Sukhumvit Soi 18 is a terrific Soi, if not the best on Sukhumvit road, very quiet and easy access to Asoke train station.

I appreciate your feedback regarding your stay at the Park Plaza Bangkok Soi 18 and have shared these with my team. It is always a pleasure to receive positive review, which will serve as an encouragement to all our Associates as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

I thank you again for sharing your experience, and we hope to have the pleasure to welcome you, your family or friend to the Park Plaza Bangkok Soi 18!.

Reviewed March 4, 2012

Stayed here for two nights with family when passing through Bangkok. was a really positive and pleasant experience. First of all the location is great, only 5mins walk from the Ashok Sky Train, making it really easy to get to different parts of the city fast! (given that the traffic can be pretty awful and taxi drivers will point blank refuse to bring you to places that are too congested). The hotel itself was really modern and the decor was really nice. The staff were really helpful and pleasant and helped us out with any of our queries. The roof top pool was really different and a nice relaxing space for a city centre location. The room itself was really nice, lovely drench shower and tv and DVD player as well as iron, ironing board, safe and torch! overall cannot recommend this hotel enough. Enjoyed drinks in the bar, where barman was extremely helpful and pleasant. Just a tip, the restaurant next door is very deceiving, although it may not look like much the food is fantastic and very cheap.

Room Tip: We upgraded to a corner suite and it was well worth the little bit extra!
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family

Dear Emma,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write to us on TripAdvisor and for your great comments!

I really appreciate your positive notes on our pool bar and our barman as well as our shower.

Reviewed March 3, 2012

I stayed at this hotel a couple of weeks ago for the 2nd time in under 12 months, the first time was a week after it opened in 2011. This is a very good hotel, very clean, the staff are friendly and helpful, especially Giant who is one of the concierges. I think they need some reception staff who understand & speak English better than those currently there as sometimes it's hard to make them understand your request. Re the shower, it's hard to regulate the hot and cold water to a suitable temperature, not sure if this applies to all rooms but we stayed in 3 different rooms this time and had trouble with it. Housekeeping of the rooms could be managed better, we stayed there 6 nights then went to Chiangmai for 3 then returned to Park Plaza for a further 4 nights. Our room wasn't serviced daily, it seemed we had to request this, but as we paid the same rate for each night I would expect daily service. We would be away from the hotel most days and sometimes the room wasn't serviced until after we arrived back late in the afternoon. I think this needs to be addressed. The hotel is in a good position in Sukhimvit, close to the sky train and the underground and shopping malls and restaurants and I can't stress enough about the great food at P Kitchen which is right next door to the hotel, always busy and hard to get a table at night. If I return to Bangkok I will definitely stay at Park Plaza Soi 18.

Room Tip: Rooms at the front of the hotel overlooking Soi 18 would be my pick but couldn't get one on this...
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Sak,

Thank you very much for your great comments to us on TripAdvisor!

I have shared your feedback with Giant who was delighted to receive such praise.

Noted also your additional comments in relation to reception service and Housekeeping, these feedbacks have been shared this morning in my departmental briefing.

Reviewed March 2, 2012

Located in the center of all activities in Bangkok, with easy access to Skytrain, Metro, and all other forms of transportation. The rooms are clean, the food is great, the staff is terrific and friendly, and the pool is a cool place to hang out after a busy day. The free computers in the lobby helped me stay in touch with folks back in the states. If you want more variety in foods, there is a terrific restaurant directly across the street at the Metro, for inexpensive but great food choices. I will definitely book again when I return to Bangkok!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank David O

Dear David,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write to us a great feedback response on TripAdvisor! Especially the positive comments in relation to our team and clean rooms and food.

Reviewed March 1, 2012

I stayed at Park Plaza with a friend and we both loved it here. It is incredibly clean, modern and futuristic looking. The hotel offered fast, and free WIFI as well as computers in the lobby which was great.

The pool was much better than expected, better than the photos. Its long enough to do laps and is perfect for a swim in the morning.

The rooms were beautiful. Really nicely decorated, the best bed I have ever slept in! I looked forward to coming home at the end of the day to that bed!!!

The gym had excellent equipment, the same I use back home at my normal gym! Fantastic.

However, despite this the hotel was not perfect! Only small problems though:

There was a bar with the rooftop pool. I asked a staff member to see if I could order a drink or something for breakfast. However I was informed that the only breakfast is downstairs and a buffet, which is.. 300-400Baht? I forget exactly. I am unsure why there is a bar with the rooftop pool because I never saw any staff serving at it, and no one ordering food or drinks? Weird.

Mini bar- Be careful with the minibar, upon check out I was incorrectly told I had taken an Evian Water. I hadn't, and they subsequently took the charge away.

All up: The hotel is fantastic: Good staff, clean, GREAT LOCATION, good pool, AMAZING BEDS! I will definately be back and I recommend to others to go!

TIP: Go to the restaurant next door its amazing!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
Peter L, General Manager at Park Plaza Bangkok Soi 18, responded to this reviewResponded March 2, 2012

Dear Alison,

Thank you very much indeed for taking the time to write to us on TripAdvisor, I have shared your comments with our management team this morning and thanks for the great feedback!

Thank you also for the positive notes in relation to our Bed comfort as well as our pool and team and location. We are doing some arrangements for our pool bar and our manning now is assigned there from 11am - 9pm as we aim to servce lunch and dinner as well as our happy hour from 5pm - 9pm up on the pool bar. It is our main intention to strive to continuously improve the quality of our services. We have as of 1st March increased the spread of our buffet breakfast immensely and reduced the rate to THB 350.00. This is proving already in the first few days of March to be very well received.

Reviewed March 1, 2012

Try to check in early at 10 am no room so i had to comeback at 1pm. Well i can't really complain with the price i paid around$45 a night without breakfast. It's a little walk to the main street and skytrain but the street it's located is quite so it's not that bad. There's thai restaurant next to the hotel so you have good option to try local food too. Room it self it's not large but it's clean and new with free wifi. If you can get a good deal then go for it, but if i have to pay more than $50 for a standard room, i am not sure i will go for this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo

Dear Thailove,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write to us on TripAdvisor!

I appreciate your feedback regarding your stay at the Park Plaza Bangkok Soi 18 and have shared these with my team, we also noted the early check in and thank you for your comments on our cleanliness and free wifi service.

Reviewed February 23, 2012

Stayed for two days in february. Brilliant location very close to the Asoke station.Rooms: clean,spacious, VERY nice bathrom with a huge shower. Nice stuff in the bathroom,soaps,shampoo and conditioner. Only drawback in room is that you cannot regulate the airconditioner yourself so the room is a tad cold at times.The street is incredibly enough very quiet so I slept like a baby. Had a nice breakfast with several choices, also ordered in-room dining which was satisfactory. But would recommend to have meals at the family run shack at the right hand side of the hotel which serves genuine and brilliant thai-food(not to be mixed up with the bar next to it)Staff was very sweet and helpful and got me ticket for a nice tour in Bangkok and also for a cabaret in the evening. Will come back.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank moccamocca
Peter L, General Manager at Park Plaza Bangkok Soi 18, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2012

Dear Mocca,

Thank you very much for your feedback and for taking the time to post on TripAdvisor!

I read out your response to my head of department team this morning and they were delighted by your feedback.

Thank you for the nice feedback on our location (only 5 mins walk to Asoke BTS station) and bathroom.