“Take no notice of some of the wingers”
Review of Suda Palace Hotel

Suda Palace Hotel
Suda Palace Hotel
Ranked #696 of 858 Hotels in Bangkok
Surin, Thailand
“Take no notice of some of the wingers”
Reviewed November 26, 2013

We have stayed in this hotel on many occasions now. Sure, it is a little tired now, it would have been fantastic in it's prime, with all the wonderful woodwork. Anyway it has big rooms, helpful staff, a good location in the north of Bangkok, A short walk to Saphan Kwai BTS, a short taxi ride to Dom Muang airport or Moor Chit bus terminal, Big C is just down on the main road and if you walk out the main hotel entrance and turn left and left, back the other way, a wonderful Thai street that has everything you would want from food or services.
Sometimes the plumbing is not the best, but even a cold shower is not cold, and who needs a steaming hot shower in Thailand anyway. If you want to get hot go for a walk!
If you want 5 star facilities pay the 5 star price. I'll be using Suda Palace again. PS. it had good parking too.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed July 14, 2013

The room is clean, beding is good, nice staff but the air con is not cold enough, I have to move at midnight and no warm water. The room price is included breakfast also , a bit old hotel but still clean , not too many people, parking able

Room Tip: Ask the staff to get the room with new air con
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed December 31, 2012

Very tall eery hallways and old decors like refrigerator, radio, heater, air conditioner, and television. Very dusty. The lobby had great air conditioner and beautiful settings, the rooms on the other hand WERE NOT.

• Stayed December 2012

Travelers are raving about these Bangkok hotels

Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed December 27, 2012

Absolutely NOT an efficient hotel. TURN BACK and go to another hotel! It seems really nice when you walk in the lobby but the rooms they put my family in was absolutely filthy and dusty. The desk/table tops were filled with dusts. I had to cover my mouth with my scarf within 30 minutes of staying in the room because of a hole, yes, seriously there was a hotel in our room. What's worst, my throat started to dry up and I can taste the dusts on my lips. What kind of a hotel management team let their guests stay in an unhealthy room? I had requested to change the room within 5 minutes of entering the room and the receptionist agreed to the change on the phone. When I walked down to get the keys, they simply changed their minds and said there's no more room. So I went back up to my room. After 30 minutes of swallowing and inhaling dirt and dust, my family and I decided to leave. I went back down to check out and to request a full refund. The receptionists offered an upgrade - they ate their own words. It's too late!!! We requested a room change and was told there's no other rooms available so when we want to leave their hotel they DARE to offer us an upgrade. BIG MISTAKE! After many frustrations and talks, they took their glorious time, they agreed to a full refund. My family and I ran out the hotel! Free at last!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank ambittravelbug
United States of America
Reviewed December 25, 2012

"Are you sure I am in Bangkok? This reminds me of Paris!" Beautiful, large, exterior architecture, air-conditioned lobby with velvet furniture and luxurious interior designs, and free, no-password-required WiFi throughout the hotel.. How perfect! The rooms must be just as amazing, right?

Dead wrong.

At the moment, I am writing from my room at the Suda Palace Hotel where we just checked in, but my siblings have been searching for a new hotel and my mother, covering her mouth due to excessive dust in our room. We believe the dust is due to (1) the housekeepers are truly not doing their job or (2) business is so bad here, there is no need to ever clean. There is also an odd pipe sticking into our room; it seems they drilled a hole too big for the pipe that we can literally see through to the outdoors. Because of this and our experience with geckos and unwanted pests, we requested a room change. The front desk said we could move to a different room when we called down. 5 minutes later, when we went to the front desk for the new room, we were told they no longer had any rooms that could accommodate my family and me. You're kidding, right?

No kidding. (NOTE: This was just the first 35 minutes of our stay.)

We did not push further. Though we asked to see the rooms before paying and the receptionist only took out a binder to show us images quickly, please, persist and see the rooms firsthand. Better yet, turn around and leave the premises.

Lesson learned: Do not allow the exterior and lobby of the hotel be your deciding factor. First impressions can be VERY deceiving. Always, always look at the room before purchase.

One last point: Under the Suda Palace Hotel sign, they boast a huge sign that says, "As recommended by TripAdvisor." Can TripAdvisor sue for false advertisement?

Room Tip: Don't even consider this hotel.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Chi Y
Melbourne
Reviewed November 3, 2012

Stayed here as part of a 4 day meeting so no choice of hotel. I was originally put in a room with a comfortable bed and good new air-conditioner on the 2nd floor, but a nightclub was *right* outside my window and I felt like I was inside it, so I asked to change rooms. I was moved to a room with concrete slab beds and an ancient, noisy airconditioner without a thermostat. You can get used to anything but it certainly wouldn't be my choice of hotel. Breakfast was awful. It had potential but they insist on pre-cooking everything and leaving it to sit cold - the facilities are there to keep it warm but it just isn't the Thai way, so... yeah. I had cooked-on-demand noodle soup on day 1 but when it wasn't there the next day I just went to 7-Eleven instead, despite breakfast being included.

The location is quite convenient for transport, with a BTS station about 10 mins walk away next to Big C. Less than 200 baht taxi ride from Don Muang airport so if you were flying Air Asia and getting on a bus the next day it would be a decent option I guess, it's not that far from Mo Chit.

Room Tip: Check the room before you commit and if you don't like it, ask for another one.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank itchyfins
Garden Grove, California
Reviewed June 17, 2012

This hotel has a beautiful lobby and free Internet in the lobby but that's about it. The rooms are old, hot with poorly functioning air conditioners. The food at the restaurant not so good for lunch or dinner but okay for breakfast. There is no swimming pool so it's difficult to cool off at all in this hot spot. I moved down the street 1.8 miles and stayed at all seasons Gold Orchid. It was so much nicer for just ten dollars or so more. One plus is that they kept my luggage for ten days free of charge while I traveled around Thailand.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo