“Decent stay at the center of action”
Review of CityPoint Hotel

CityPoint Hotel
Ranked #88 of 859 Hotels in Bangkok
Hong Kong, China
“Decent stay at the center of action”
Reviewed January 13, 2014

The hotel is located around 3 minutes walk from asoke BTS/ Sukhumvit MRT station, right opposite to the exchange square and Terminal 21. Perfect location-wise as there are lots of eateries, convenient stores and a huge shopping mall within 5 minutes on foot. To me, being close to the metro is essential as Bangkok tends to have super heavy rains during the evening (probably because I always go there during the rainy season) and staying close keeps you dry! Also good as Bangkok is so famous for its traffic jam and BTS/MRT are the best way to travel around.

The hotel itself is small with a small lift (large enough to fit 2 people with one huge suitcase). Reception staff are friendly and speak good English. The rooms are clean and spacious and the bed is very comfortable. TV has international channels like CNN/National Geographic and even Sony entertainment! The room also features a mini-fridge and a safe. Wifi worked well throughout my stay. Shower is hot enough with good pressure.

My reservation was without breakfast so I can't comment on its food quality. From what I saw, the breakfast seemed pretty basic and I'd rather try the local eateries than eating at the hotel.

It is not the cheapest option around the area but it's of good value, given its location, cleanliness and the comfy bed.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
CitypointBKK, General Manager at CityPoint Hotel, responded to this review, January 20, 2014
Dear Jessica_C_BB,

Thank you very much for your nice feedback. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay at Citypoint Hotel,especially our great location, friendly staff, as well as our spacious and clean rooms.

We are looking forward to welcoming you again, hopefully in the very near future.

Ms. Phitchanun Suphromin

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (165)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Italy
Reviewed January 12, 2014

We stayed again in this great little hotel twice during our last trip to Thailand, both in a superior room, and we can only confirm what we wrote on January 30, 2012.
Before writing this, we read the reviews of other TA members and sometimes we feel a little astonished: of course there’s a lift in the hotel; the location is very good, close to Terminal 21 where one can find a lot of choices for lunch or dinner; there are 7/11, Mc Donald’s, Subway, Boots Pharmacy, etc. close by; breakfast was good quality (maybe croissants are not he best, but we are used to European ones and it’s difficult to compete with them!); the rooms were spotlessly clean; all the staff was always kind and the general manager couldn’t be more helpful to meet our needs (she also booked a good driver for our 2 days trip to Nakhon Ratchasima).
We definitely recommend this hotel and will return there next time!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Dale63,

I would like to take this time to personally thank you for staying with us and it is our great pleasure to welcome you back time after time. Thank you also for posting a review on the site following your recent visit. It is such a great accolade that guests return time after time and have such positive feedback. I hope that you will return on many more trips to Bangkok and consider Citypoint for your home away from home. Please keep in touch and do not hesitate to contact me if you need any assistance with a booking

The team and I are looking forward to welcoming and serving you again soon

Macau, China
Reviewed January 5, 2014

Great location, first class comfort and cleanliness, professional helpful staff, excellent breakfast, and modern facilities make this hotel an excellent choice for the Sikhumvit area of Bangkok. Steps away from the BTS skytrain Asok station and easy walking distance to Siam, there are many attractions, restaurants, bars, spas, and entertainment within easy access on foot or by metro or skytrain.

There are great breakfast choices, super friendly and helpful staff, and the rooms are comfortable, beautiful and offer every amenity I desire (excellent wifi, in room safe, mini fridge, HD TV, A/C, big room, comfortable bed, and electric kettle.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Dear Edward M,

Thank you very much for your feedback regarding your recent stay at Citypoint. I am glad to learn that you liked our great location, comfortable and clean room, professional and helpful staff and all the services we provide. It is particularly rewarding for us to receive such positive feedback. Thank you again.

I hope that you will return on many more trips to Bangkok and consider Citypoint for your stay. Please do not hesitate to contact us if we can be of any assistance at any time.

Texas
Reviewed January 2, 2014

Everything from the front desk giving our driver directions to them arranging transport back to the airport the next day was fantastic. I can't think of even a single "needs improvement" category for them because everything was nicely done for what we were expecting (and the price we paid).

The staff was so nice to our little guy (one year old) and the location couldn't have been better. If we had another stop-over in Bangkok I think we'd go back!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Manchester
Reviewed December 26, 2013

Staff are friendly and welcoming and the hotel is conveniently located on a quiet street near an mrt station.Breakfast is adequate and rooms are clean and comfortable. However I had some issues with the air-con - it was problematic to control the temperature and speed and I had to call the front desk on more than one occasion. Someone was promptly sent to my room to have a look at this and they helped somewhat. The main issue though was that the air -con was incredibly noisy - the unit seemed to be linked to some kind of generator in another part of the room, and this cranked up each time the air con was switched on,which was what caused the noise. It was so loud that even with ear plugs in I could still hear the noise. I asked front desk if I could move rooms but was informed that the hotel was full. I was unable to get a good night's sleep, which was annoying, as part of the reason for stopping in Bangkok was to rest and break up the journey to New Zealand. This was a real pity as I would have enjoyed my stay much more had it not been for this.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed December 21, 2013

Excellent hotel in in the fantastic location of Bangkok.Walking distance to BTS,MRT,Soi Cowboy, Terminal 21 and others. Highly recommended. Very spacious room with comfortable bed. Great service from the front desk staffs.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Perth, Western Australia, Australia
Reviewed December 2, 2013

I am a long time guest at City Point Hotel, approximately 15 stays here since it opened.
My last two visits, I have noticed a gradual drop in standards, to the point that location remains the only good thing about this hotel.The price has slowly risen, which now puts it in the same price range of other hotels in the same Sukhumvit area, offering more and better facilities. House keeping is not as it used to be, bench tops not cleaned, coffee cups left unwashed two days in a row. Many times noise from other guests has prevented me and my partner from sleeping.And I have found the professionalism of the staff at reception to be lacking, at times condecending and quite rude. I visit Bangkok four times a year, and am yet to decide if I will continue to stay at this hotel, or try one of the many others in the same area.These comments are not just isolated to myself, I have advised a friend to stay at this hotel, he stayed twice, but now is a guest at another hotel in Sukhumvit on his visits to Bangkok.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
CitypointBKK, General Manager at CityPoint Hotel, responded to this review, December 9, 2013
Dear Mr. Brian F,

Firstly, may I thank you for your continued support of Citypoint Hotel and it is our great pleasure to welcome you back time after time. Thank you also for posting a review on the site following your numerous stays. However I am sorry that you felt that the housekeeping was not as good as it used to be and also noise from other guests that prevented you from sleeping. I am only sorry that they were not brought to my attention while you were with us and I would have tried to find you a little quieter room and I would have sorted out the problem

According to the peak season we've raised up the price a little bit as same as most hotels in Bangkok. Please rest assured of this concern that your room was booked with our special offer and it was the cheapest prices that we have.

If you could kindly inform me more details regarding the unwashed coffee cup for two days in the room and also the staff that you found unprofessional, I would like to investigate further since we have never received any complaints from your previous stays. Being informed of a problem presents an opportunity for us to fix it since your satisfaction is our priority

If you return I would be glad to meet you personally and make sure your stay meets our standards and please do contact me directly at gm@citypointhotel.com, so I can take personal care of your booking