“Brief but great stay.”

Ranked #88 of 859 Hotels in Bangkok
Texas
“Brief but great stay.”
Reviewed January 2, 2014

Everything from the front desk giving our driver directions to them arranging transport back to the airport the next day was fantastic. I can't think of even a single "needs improvement" category for them because everything was nicely done for what we were expecting (and the price we paid).

The staff was so nice to our little guy (one year old) and the location couldn't have been better. If we had another stop-over in Bangkok I think we'd go back!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (165)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Manchester
Reviewed December 26, 2013

Staff are friendly and welcoming and the hotel is conveniently located on a quiet street near an mrt station.Breakfast is adequate and rooms are clean and comfortable. However I had some issues with the air-con - it was problematic to control the temperature and speed and I had to call the front desk on more than one occasion. Someone was promptly sent to my room to have a look at this and they helped somewhat. The main issue though was that the air -con was incredibly noisy - the unit seemed to be linked to some kind of generator in another part of the room, and this cranked up each time the air con was switched on,which was what caused the noise. It was so loud that even with ear plugs in I could still hear the noise. I asked front desk if I could move rooms but was informed that the hotel was full. I was unable to get a good night's sleep, which was annoying, as part of the reason for stopping in Bangkok was to rest and break up the journey to New Zealand. This was a real pity as I would have enjoyed my stay much more had it not been for this.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed December 21, 2013

Excellent hotel in in the fantastic location of Bangkok.Walking distance to BTS,MRT,Soi Cowboy, Terminal 21 and others. Highly recommended. Very spacious room with comfortable bed. Great service from the front desk staffs.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Perth, Western Australia, Australia
Reviewed December 2, 2013

I am a long time guest at City Point Hotel, approximately 15 stays here since it opened.
My last two visits, I have noticed a gradual drop in standards, to the point that location remains the only good thing about this hotel.The price has slowly risen, which now puts it in the same price range of other hotels in the same Sukhumvit area, offering more and better facilities. House keeping is not as it used to be, bench tops not cleaned, coffee cups left unwashed two days in a row. Many times noise from other guests has prevented me and my partner from sleeping.And I have found the professionalism of the staff at reception to be lacking, at times condecending and quite rude. I visit Bangkok four times a year, and am yet to decide if I will continue to stay at this hotel, or try one of the many others in the same area.These comments are not just isolated to myself, I have advised a friend to stay at this hotel, he stayed twice, but now is a guest at another hotel in Sukhumvit on his visits to Bangkok.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
CitypointBKK, General Manager at CityPoint Hotel, responded to this review, December 9, 2013
Dear Mr. Brian F,

Firstly, may I thank you for your continued support of Citypoint Hotel and it is our great pleasure to welcome you back time after time. Thank you also for posting a review on the site following your numerous stays. However I am sorry that you felt that the housekeeping was not as good as it used to be and also noise from other guests that prevented you from sleeping. I am only sorry that they were not brought to my attention while you were with us and I would have tried to find you a little quieter room and I would have sorted out the problem

According to the peak season we've raised up the price a little bit as same as most hotels in Bangkok. Please rest assured of this concern that your room was booked with our special offer and it was the cheapest prices that we have.

If you could kindly inform me more details regarding the unwashed coffee cup for two days in the room and also the staff that you found unprofessional, I would like to investigate further since we have never received any complaints from your previous stays. Being informed of a problem presents an opportunity for us to fix it since your satisfaction is our priority

If you return I would be glad to meet you personally and make sure your stay meets our standards and please do contact me directly at gm@citypointhotel.com, so I can take personal care of your booking

Reviewed December 1, 2013

This hotel is just 2 min walking distance to both public transportation and Red Light district, so I suppose some people will say the localization is grate... Nothing wrong about the hotel itself, but it is cold and the rooms seems to be designed for multipurpose use...
All inn all, for me City Point is over rated and over valued.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
CitypointBKK, General Manager at CityPoint Hotel, responded to this review, December 3, 2013
Dear SveinKyrre O,

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave us your feedback on the site. We are situated in a quiet street in the heart of Bangkok, closed to BTS sky train and MRT subway.
In regard to the price there are some promotions and discount offered for our direct guests and early booking. You may check from our website and our team at reservations@citypointhotel.com on your next visit

We do hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back on a future visit and please do not hesitate to contact us if we can be of assistance at any time.

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed December 1, 2013

This hotel is literally 3 minutes away from Terminal 21 shopping centre and Asok BTS station. It's a cosy boutique hotel with clean rooms and adequate toiletries. Like the fact that the shower and toilet are separated. The twin sharing rooms are not particularly spacious but they are big enough to fit 2 big luggages without being too cramped.

There is pretty much nothing at the surrounding other than a Korean restaurant right in front of the hotel and a massage centre called Urban Retreat (a very popular and crowded massage centre which explains why the workers there were extremely arrogant and rude).

The hotel is located inside a small lane and so may be missed by the cab drivers. Even our cab driver got it wrong despite the address given. If you do not want to be stuck in the city's infamous traffic jam, be sure to get the cab driver to call the hotel for directions if he is unsure. Should keep left immediately after you see Park Hotel. Plenty of signboards directing to you the hotel after Park Hotel.

Very strategic and affordable hotel with helpful staff. I would definitely stay there again in my next Bangkok trip.

If I am nit picking then breakfast looked pathetic. Good thing we didn't opt for it. Plenty of yummy food outside.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Dear 3GorgeZ,

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to post a review on the site. I am delighted that you found the hotel nothing to dislike, room was clean and adequate toiletries.Thank you also for considering our hotel for your next visit

We certainly look forward to welcoming you back on a future visit and please do not hesitate to contact us if we can be of assistance at any time.

Malaga, Spain
Reviewed November 26, 2013

after searching for a hotel close to a central skytrain station i found this gem.

i stayed 2 nights for 60$ per night ( double room without breakfast ) and thought it was delightful. immaculately clean, very high quality furnishings, lovely bed, effective a/c. friendly helpful staff.

pretty much the nicest hotel i have stayed in, and located 50m from the Asok BST station. there are many more expensive hotels all around but i cant imagine why you would chose to pay any more than this place asks unless you have very specific requirements from your hotel.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo