“Very nice hotel!”
Review of CityPoint Hotel

CityPoint Hotel
Ranked #107 of 893 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed January 30, 2013

If you are looking for a nice place to stay in Bangkok and don't expect 5 star luxury, this is a great choice!
The location is perfect, in the middle of Bangkok, and with both the subway and sky train within 100 meters from the door it's easy to go wherever you like.
The hotel and rooms are fresh and spacy. Good breakfast and very nice staff.

2  Thank Johan T
CitypointBKK, General Manager at CityPoint Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 3, 2013

Dear Johan T,

Thank you very much for posting a nice review on the TripAdvisor, regarding your recent stay at Citypoint Hotel. I am delighted to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us and I have shared your comments with my team and they are very happy to read your feedback

I look forward to welcoming you back for another wonderful and pleasant stay soon

Best regards,

Ms. Phitchanun Suphromin

Write a ReviewReviews (1,282)

Reviewed January 28, 2013

After browsing through the reviews left by other guests, I decided to take the plunge. I checked-in on 24th afternoon and checked-out on 27th morning. The stay was wonderful and the staffs were friendly, helpful, pro-active and meticulous. As it was my birthday on the check-in day, I was presented with a complimentary slice of cake when I returned back to the hotel after a day long of shopping, this is very thoughtful. On the next day, even though my birthday was over already, one of the female staff at the counter still wished me and that really showed the hotel cares! Although breakfast spread wasn't that sumptuous and temperature of the water-heater in the shower room fluctuate at times, but these were really of lowest priority to me. Most importantly, the hotel location is situated within 3 walk to Asok BTS and yet tucked away from the main road traffic sparing you of noises while you rest. Overall, my impression is excellent and would not hesitate to return here again.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
CitypointBKK, General Manager at CityPoint Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2013

Dear Smiiu,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience regarding your recent stay at Citypoint Hotel. I am pleased to hear that you had a wonderful experience celebrating your birthday with us.

Your feedback will be definitely shared among our team and will be a great motivation to all of members here.

My team and I look forward to servicing you again in the near future

Kind regards,

Reviewed January 26, 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights in April of 2012. I loved it. It's a off the main roads, but yet close to everything. The location is certainly great. The MRT and BTS station are just a minute away, so it was easy to get there from the airport without taking a taxi. There are a lot of places to eat around it. Our room was on the second floor and it wasn't facing the street, it was facing the inside (it's really difficult to explain), but it didn't bother us at all. The room was nice and super clean, everything looked brand new? and everything was working. The breakfast was fine too. There are no bars, swimming pools or fitness facilities, but in any case there is no time for that in BKK. I would definetly stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 22, 2013

We stayed at CityPoint for 4 nights and were very impressed with it. We arrived in Bangkok very late, unlike some others, our driver did not have a difficult time finding it, although the entrance is tucked back into a side street, so keep you eyes peeled. Despite our very late check in, the hotel staff were very prepared and took us right up to our room and answered our questions.

Our room was large, with an enormous bed, and very very clean. The rainshower was a fun touch. Our room was generally very quiet, with the exception of a few very loud folks who checked in across the hall during our trip, but we really only heard them when they were out in the hall.

The morning breakfast was very lovely, eggs cooked to order with your choice of meat on the side. We also had cereal and fresh fruit every morning. The hotel is about a 2 block walk from the train station, so it was very easy to get around. There are also a lot of restaurants and shops within walking distance, including the huge Terminal 21 mall.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
hotelguys, General Manager at CityPoint Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2013

Dear Kelli L,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share such a nice review about your recent stay at Citypoint Hotel. I am delighted to hear that you had a great stay with us. I have shared your wonderful comments with our team and they are very happy to read your feedback on service

We look forward to welcoming you back again to in the very near future.

Kind regards,

Reviewed January 21, 2013

Moderately priced, modern, immaculately clean, perfectly adequate sized bedrooms with all mod cons including wi-fi, efficient bathrooms. Buffet breakfast. Friendly and helpful staff. Very convenient for BTS and MTR stations (just around the corner), so easy to get to/from anywhere quickly. Equally close to Terminal 21 shopping centre which has, on the fifth floor, an excellent and inexpensive food court. If you want somewhere decent and affordable to sleep, in the city centre, you need look no further.

Reviewed January 19, 2013

Loved our stay. Staff were always attentive and helpful. Very convenient location as it's close to public transport (both the Skytrain and subway). Terminal 21 (large shopping centre) and Soi Cowboy are both a short walk away and it is only a couple of stops to the other large shopping centres in Bangkok. For the price I would highly recommend CityPoint and would stay again.

Pros:
- Central location
- Clean rooms
- Friendly staff
- Good value
Cons:
- Bad smell from drains in bathroom
- Immediate surroundings are dilapidated
- Smallish room
- Our bathroom could have been better. Glass walls weren't very private. Water temperature and pressure weren't consistent. Water sometimes ran off the sink onto the floor.
- Elevator was occasionally out of order.

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank Maurizio C
Reviewed January 17, 2013

Recently stayed 4 days with free airport transfer and daily breakfast. Awesome staff and to be congratulated extremely helpful and friendly. Bue on front desk such a lovely girl and arranged a birthday surprise for me. If people took the time to get to know staff they would enjoy a far better experience I think. Great spa 2 min stroll away with 10% discount forcustomers or city point. I had 3 visits here. The room as immaculate, shower unreal. Definitely be back Kob Kon Kar everyone.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo