“Cozy small italian place with a nice owner”
Review of La Tana

La Tana
Ranked #769 of 11,272 Restaurants in Bangkok
Cuisines: Italian, Wine Bar
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Thong Lor & Ekamai
Description: I am an executive Italian Chef with 30 years experience. I serve original Italian dishes with a touch of my personality, but also my own recipes issued after years of research. Because of the limited number of seats, in my restaurant you will find a intimate and friendly atmosphere, ideal for laid back evenings and romantic dinners.
Reviewed May 1, 2013

We visited this place with three of my friends and all of us enjoyd the pizza as well as the atmosphere. The place is small and very authentic, the owner welcomed us with "ciao" and brought the real italian feel into our experience. We ordered the pizza and a beer within the happy hour time 17.30 till 19.30, which cost only 140 bath. I will definitely visit this restaurant again.

bflgqn, Proprietario at La Tana, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2013

Hello Nela,

thank you so much for your visit my restaurant with friends. To prepare an excellent Italian cuisine is very easy for me. I'm Italian. Important to use only Italian products but also commitment and seriousness. I hope see you again or every day.

A warm greeting. Ciao Luciano

Reviewed April 1, 2013

Tried this local place after i saw sign for lunch lasagna circa 140bt - so i arrive only person at dinner time should have been a red flag. As i wait a long time i'm anticipating this wonderful home made lasagna and looking at the masterpiece layered pics on the wall im getting hungry. Out comes this tiny collapsed pizza thickness bland dish. No cheese layer of any kind just pieces of sheet pasta with ground meat squashed in and a token sprinkle of parm and red sauce on top....so i asked staff for bread and some pasta sauce - after drama with kethup and tabasco offering the owner gets pasta sauce from what looked like the pizza prep jar- so i got this cold red sauce to try and rescue the meal to no avail. Now the kicker - bill comes out 580 baht!!!! I ask owner - he says its homemade with 400g of meat - i said i never saw a lasagna like that in my life - do you think it looks like the picture? My only regret is that my iphone died and i couldnt take a pic to show you. Worst experience of my many years in bkk.

2  Thank Crumlin12
bflgqn, Proprietario at La Tana, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2013

Dear customer, in aswer your bad review, I mean that promotion of lasagna 140 Baht with weight 180 grams was made 6 months ago, so your criticism is false. By menu that was delivered before your order you could see many other promotions and the price of lasagna the time of 580 with weight of 400 grams.
About the quality of lasagna is prepared of course in Italian style : fresh pasta, 2 type of meat, finest quality, white sauce, parmesan cheese, nutmeg, salt, pepper and milk.

Regards Luciano

Reviewed March 2, 2013

i was stopping by cause that italian restaurant was in the neighboorhood of my hotel. i had a sprite and pasta gorgonzola with ham. the pasta and formaggi was good but the ham was hard to bite and also with bones in it - very low quality.
the surprise: for a cheap drink and a medium quality pasta - also not a big portion - i paid almost 800 baht. this is far too much for that. i know that good cheese is not easy to get in bangkok, but this price is really not fair. they do not write the price in the menu - really bad habit.
don't go there, they just rip you off.

2  Thank Stefan W
Reviewed February 10, 2013

Stopped in for lunch and the owner welcomed us. He recommended the Parma Ham pizza which turned out to be fantastic! I didn't think the price was that expensive compared to US prices. Worth the time and will go back often. Jim and Sai.

Reviewed November 24, 2012

Since my last visit to La Tana a few months ago, I see that a TRIP ADVISOR sticker is now proudly displayed in the front window. I am glad that other clients like the restaurant as much as I do. There are certainly cheaper places for Italian dishes, but the Italian chef claims that all his dishes are home-made and that nothing is prepared in advance. My farorite is the "Tagliatelles with porcini mushrooms." The menu -- sort of a thick photo album with one picture per page -- is not easy to read and the prices indicated do not include taxes, so expect another 10% to 12% to be added to your bill.
The decorations could certainly be improved. The walls are covered with large photos of Italian food. In Thailand, you see pictures of the king everywhere. Here, you will find photos of the king and queen between a tiramisu and a grilled steak.