“Fantastic Tour”

$41.89*
Night Street Food Tour of Bangkok's Chinatown
Ranked #4 of 78 Food & Drink in Bangkok
More attraction details
Owner description: Bangkok Food Tours provides you an authentic culinary and cultural experience through Thailand's original Food Tasting & Cultural Walking Tours. As we explore Bangkok's tastiest neighborhoods, you will enjoy tasting delicious Thai cuisine and learn about Thai culture and local history from our knowledgeable tour guides. Our 3-hours tours provide you with fun and scrumptious experience known exclusively to locals. All food tours include a variety of delicious food tastings (enough for lunch), from specialty eateries, renowned street food stalls, to historic fine dining restaurants. Our tours are suitable for all ages.
Reviewed October 7, 2012

I highly recommend this tour. I joined another 10 other travellers from all over the world for a 3 hour food tour in Bangkok. We visited 5 different restaurants where we tried a wide variety of thai, chinese, indian and other cuisines. The food was delicious and the tour giude was great. On my own I would have never found this places or tried this variety food. I am planning on taking their chinatown food tour on my next trip to Bangkok.

There are newer reviews for Bangkok Food Tours

Reviewed October 1, 2012

Let's put the expectations at the right level: this a restaurant tour, not a street food tour, nor a thai cooking discovery tour.

What does it mean? 5 restaurants, all gathered around the skytrain station. Don't expect to visit Bangkok in between restaurants: even if you're crossing a river, half of the walking is on the same street - on both ways... They mentioned audio devices to follow the guide, but there are not, so stay close or you'll miss the few indications.
The restaurant themselves are quite well chosen to represent the diversity of foods (duck, muslim, curry) or to please tourists (a bakery where you would have entered anyway). No explanation will be given on food, restaurant or shop you may encounter during the tour. It will focus on the restaurant they have agreements with and pre-written jokes.

Conclusion: if you are not the adventurous type, and are not looking for street food, this is a great tour. If you're fan of the out-of-beaten-path discoveries, you may be a bit disappointed, especially given the price.

10  Thank Noctanet
Reviewed September 26, 2012

We had 4 days in Bangkok and booked to do the tour on day 3. I wish now that we had done the food tour on our first day. Our tour guide induced us to wonderful Thai food that we would not have tried on our own. We felt very confident in ordering and eating Thai food after the tour.
The tour offers great food, and a great knowledge of Thai culture.
Our tour guides (2 for a group of 5 tourists) spoke good English and supplied us with a walking headset so we could hear all that they were saying while walking around the city.
The guide was very easy to find and meet at the BTS Saphan Taksin station. I booked and prepaid on the net and had no problems.
I would recommend this tour to all especially if you only have a short time in Bangkok and you want to experience Thai food and culture. Best value for money.

1  Thank Sharon M
Reviewed September 25, 2012

Signed up for the Bangarak Day tour and came back with great memories. The tour is made up of around 6-7 stops across restaurants serving different kinds of food (Chinese influenced, Indian influenced, traditional thai food, french colonial inspired, royal cuisine, and on an on)
There is a considerable amount of walking to be done as you take in the sights and sounds around the historical Bangarak area. All the walking definitely makes it easier to sample all the food in between.
The highlight of the trip for me was the Duck with rice and the fried catfish. To get to the Catfish, you will have to take the ferry across the river and go to a traditional thai restaurant. If not for this tour, I would have never ventured across the river. The other delicacy of the day was the Coconut ice cream which was almost like a Sorbet and was very refreshing.
The start and end points of the tour are very easy to get to by the Sky Train. All in all factor in around 3-4 hours for the tour and most certainly arrive for the tour on an empty stomach :)
I was running a little late for the tour, so I called up the office and informed them that I was 10 minutes late. They gladly accomodated and our tour guide specially came back to the sky train station to pick us up.
Next time I am in Bangkok, I will definitely sample the night time China Town tour

3  Thank KetanMohile
Reviewed September 25, 2012

Olive lead us around Chinatown at night for our food tour! It was not only informative but the food was absolutely delicious! It was refreshing to try things I'd never have picked off a menu! Make sure u go with an empty stomache and your walking shoes on!!

1  Thank Poppy B