“Favorite movie theater”
Review of Paragon Cineplex

Paragon Cineplex
Ranked #6 of 122 Fun & Games in Bangkok
Reviewed December 8, 2014

My favorite movie theater in the city. It is a bit expensive but more special than other places to watch movie.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,409)
All reviews
in 103 reviews
"siam"
in 48 reviews

Reviewed December 7, 2014

we couldn't believe the prices we ended seeing 3 different films in 3 days one in regular cinema, imax and 4dx. probably the best part of our stay in Bangkok since everyone seems to determined to scam you out of money as soon as you step out of the hotel. we have learnt now not to trust anyone that's is being nice and not to believe a word they say as they lie about everything, opening times, dress codes etc to rinse you of your cash. go to the cinema or don't go to Bangkok! the 4dx is good fun though I don't feel it really adds anything to the film, the imax was the best of the 3.

2  Thank Ncol87
Reviewed December 7, 2014

We'd heard about this cinema where you could lie down and cosy up with a blanket to watch a film. It's not something we've experience back at home (no doubt you can at 100% of the cost).

At 900 baht a ticket you get a fully reclining seat in an almost private booth kind of arrangement. You can sit in the lounge prior to the film starting where there is complimentary wi fi and a selection of snacks.

All in all it's worth experiencing as a novelty but we also visited the Terminal 21 cinema whilst in Bangkok and in contrast the VIP seats there are a fraction of the price and almost as comfortable!

Reviewed December 6, 2014

The staff here is very helpfull. Most of the movies have Thai subtitles and are in the original Version. So not Thai speaking People can also go there. The Paragon Center is a good escape if it is too hot or raining in Bangkok

See more reviews
Reviewed December 4, 2014 via mobile

Went to the cinema yesterday. Took a while to work out how to purchase a ticket. Couldn't work out what was included in the ticket, it says no where in the ticket or in the foyer. Returned at film start time. Bought a blue ribbon seat and went to counter. Lady told us we could have had tea and cake had we come earlier. Thanks for telling us too late. We were eligible for a coke and popcorn. We both chose caramel flavour. Half way through mine I found cheese flavour popcorn and salt mixed in. I left movie to ask for a one. Two men behind counter with streaming head colds. They kept leaning over the counter to reach the napkins to blow their noses. They didn't want to serve me they obviously were too ill. And they were supposed to be serving food and drink with dripping noses. Disgusting.
I got my second batch if popcorn. First few were caramel flavour. Than cheese. My partner tried them and confirmed I had cheese and caramel. I left movie again to complain. They took the popcorn around the back and came a few minutes later telling there is definite no cheese in there. I didn't want it back and asked for something else instead and received a flat no.
The seats were comfortable recliners but it was too cold I shivered under my blanket.
After the movie we saw a banner saying you get a free massage with the blue ribbon ticket. When we asked for our massage they said no you had to ask for it before the movie.
Thanks for not telling us before!
Bad service.