“Stayed 2 Times and Went From Good to Bad”
Review of Bangkok City Hotel

Bangkok City Hotel
Ranked #278 of 862 Hotels in Bangkok
Prince George, British Columbia, Canada
“Stayed 2 Times and Went From Good to Bad”
Reviewed April 19, 2013

I stayed for 3 nights at beginning of April. I thought everything was fine, the room was clean and spacious. The beds were hard though. The internet was pretty good. There was only 1 elevator working, so it was super slow. I ended up walking up the 9 flights as it was quicker. There was a good variety for breakfast. Overall 1st stay was decent. My 2nd stay for 1 night was not good. We had cockroaches in the bedroom, the room wasn't that clean, the bath towels were torn. I couldn't believe this was the same hotel. We couldn't change rooms as they were full. They asked if we could leave for 1 hr so they could spray the room. This wasn't an option as it was 10:00 pm and we had to leave at 5am. I had a hard time sleeping as we found the cockroaches on the bed. They did not have any coffee in the room as they had run out and had to order some. They should have had the coffee urn in the lobby with coffee if they had none in the rooms. If this was my first time here, I would never have gone back. I have to give it a fair rating as the 1st time was ok.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (198)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hungarian first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
  • Vietnamese first
Reviewed April 18, 2013

The breakfast food is suck and swimming pool in 5A floor is very dirty.
Need 10 minutes walk to BTS station and 7-Eleven.
But i like the customer service for the front desk. The room is okay and clean

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Ace S
Mumbai
Reviewed April 16, 2013

Stay was good, good hospitality, room was clean and tidy, location is very good. Service was good. Reachable to all location.overall experience was quiet good. The city view is good from the hotel view. Food quality is also good. Price is affordable.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Saravana S
Reviewed April 16, 2013 via mobile

This is my favourite hotel each time I been to Bangkok ! The service is quite good, room always clean. Breakfast is not so many choice but good enought ! Nice swimming pool. From 30-35$ that is great for all those services !

• Stayed April 2013
Redcliffe, Australia
Reviewed April 16, 2013

Just a short walk to the BTS train station and then a few stops to shopping, such as Siam square and Terminal 21. There's a street market just out the door, and transport waiting to take you anywhere. The staff was friendly and the room was kept spotless. We got room service, and the meal was very good. Be aware of the lifts, if it's 30 degrees outside, in the lift it will be 50! Breakfast was an ordeal, had to get there early or eat standing up. Not many tables available for the amount of guests. There's a smoking balcony on each floor, a nice spot to sit early in the morning with a cuppa, although being scared of heights, I couldn't enjoy the view as much as I would have liked. There is an indoor swimming pool, we found it to be a bit gloomy, and as it gets no sun, it was very cold. All in all, it is a very good hotel in an excellent location.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Berastagi, Indonesia
Reviewed April 12, 2013

I went to Bangkok on 29th March - 2nd April 2013 with some students from Indonesia. We stayed in Bangkok City Hotel and found out the hotel gives more than what we paid for. The room it self is very comfortable and clean. The breakfast is buffet and very delicious, and the location is very close to Siam Square, BKK, Platinum, and most of the touristic place in Bangkok. Nearby the hotel also has convenience stores and hawker market which sells local foods.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Euthalia
Pattaya, Chon Buri, Thailand
Reviewed April 10, 2013

We just finished a 5 night stay in this hotel where I have stayed before. My wife and I brought our Thai family friends, mom and 2 pre-teen girls. The girls loved the pool with its built in jacuzzi jetted lounge spaces. The first day we looked at the pool and it was a little murky. I mentioned it to one of the smiling helpful front desk women and by the next morning it was taken care of. While the breakfast is not great it works for fuel and kept the kids fed in the AM so we could sleep in a bit. The hotel is in walking distance to the Skytrain and therefore convenient to most points of interest. We had five people who could fit in a Bangkok taxi, so it was actually cheaper and easier to taxi.

The rooms were clean and pleasant with a large triangle shaped tub. There was some mildew around in the bathroom, but not enough to bother us. The beds were comfortable and the rooms had a kettle and small refrigerator. A mini mart is very close.

The hotel is relatively new and the halls and rooms are very nice for the price. The elevators can be Very slow, especially at breakfast and check in or out times. The breakfast is a buffet style mad scramble for folks trying to get their money's worth. The one, surprisingly slim gent next to our table had about 8 to 9 croissants and about 12 sausages and went back for more, so I guess they do not limit intake. The front desk can be overwhelmed at check in and out times.

The nicest thing about this hotel was the staff. The maid was cheerful and efficient. The woman we made our reservation with had excellent English and was also helpful and pleasant. The front desk staff was likewise. The fact that we brought our Thai friends with us likely earned us an extra smile or two, but we found this hotel staff to be this way when just my wife and I stayed here.

Room Tip: The deluxe King rooms are a little bigger for about 3 US dollars more.