D Varee Xpress Makkasan, Bangkok
Ranked #457 of 889 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed January 11, 2012

I only stayed here for a half day because my flight was at very late night. As map showed, it has easy access for Makkansan station of Airport link and MRT station (one station away from Asok BTS station). So, I was pleased to use my half day in the city such as taking massage and having a meal at a food court, not sitting in my room and watching TV till my flight left.

In the hotel side, there are not much you can expect. This is very basic hotel with minimum amenities.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank retina66

Reviewed January 5, 2012

We stayed at this hotel on two separate occasions. The hotel is very clean, the staff are very friendly and helpful. The location is great for the MRT (metro underground) and is only a very short 5 minute walk. The hotel could do with a restaurant. The Chokdee Dimsum located on the ground floor is not ideal for eating. On the whole I would recommend this hotel for anyone who is looking for good value for money and a good location.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
6  Thank bashersal
Reviewed January 2, 2012

We had an early flight out of Bangkok and this hotel was really convenient. it was about a 5 minute walk from the Makkasan skytrain stop, which took less than 20 minutes to the airport. The metro is around the corner from the hotel. The hotel was clean and just what we needed for a quick stop-over in bangkok. We took advantage of an online booking so it was a really good price.

Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 15, 2011

A convenient hotel to go to as it is near the airport link and MRT station, but no shops nearby but a dim sum restaurant next to the lobby, always have to take MRT to other station if you need anything.
The room is nothing special and it has only shower room and you have 15mins free wifi only per room per day (which will expire if you did not use it in 24hrs)
The staff was friendly and nice but probably will not stay here again as we expect something more

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Stacy Y
Reviewed November 8, 2011

We selected this hotel because of its location, a walking distance to MRT and Airport Link. It was quite convenient when we arrived back from Myanmar and one of us had a morning flight to Chiang Mai the next day. (Access to MRT could make it possible to go to the Chatuchak weekend market, but it was closed due to the flooding situation in Bangkok.) We both liked the free, refillable, refreshing Green Hale's Blue Boy welcome drink in the lobby. Booking via Expedia Japan and we could get unlimited free wi-fi internet access account which is great. However, they limited only one account per room not per guest. So we had to share the account and couldn't use wifi internet at the same time. Although the location was good by MRT and Airport Link but there was nothing around the area except a 24-hour service ChokDee Dim Sum place downstairs. The room was basic but new and clean. We paid only around 350 baht (via Expedia Japan, from a very special 1500-yen-discount code), at this price, it was surely great value for money.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
5  Thank LoveCip
Reviewed September 15, 2011

We chose this hotel as we had gotten an online deal. Bangkok is an annual affair for me as I love the shopping and food.

We took a taxi from the airport to the hotel but the taxi driver had trouble finding this this hotel. After stopping and asking around we finally managed to locate the hotel. The staff were very friendly and courteous when we first entered and they offered us a welcome drink while we were waiting for them to check us in.

The room was really hot and humid when we first went in as it they did not have a centralised air con system. We had to draw the curtains and wait for 10 minutes before the room cooled down. The room was clean and spacious but you could tell that this is a very low cost hotel as the fnishings were very rough and the corridor was not air conditioned.

Although this hotel was a 5 minutes walk from the MTR station, both my friend and I felt that it was very inconvenient as we had to change to the BTR whenever we wanted to go out as we usually head to the Chitlom and Siam area. Even though we wanted to take a taxi, we gave up on it after our first night as most taxi drivers refused to fetch us as they did not know where this hotel was located. I would definitely not stay in this hotel again due to its location and in Bangkok its easy to find cheap and good quality hotels with a better location.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 13, 2011

It was difficult to find this place. I used one of the fellow reviewer direction and found this place. It took me a while and it was raining. The reason I booked this place because all the review said it was near the Air Link and BTS.

There nothing around the area. There a 7-11 about 3 minutes walk. If you walk pass 7-11 there are a few street vendors. But they charged me like restaurant price. In that alley there seem to be a few bar or club.

The girl receptionist was nice. There was some confusion when I was checking out and I asked the receptionist guy a question. I asked him What time does the AirLink open. It open at 6am so I asked him to call me taxi to the airport. When the taxi came, he asked if I want to go to the airlink...??? I said no to the airport.

Overall, this place wasn't that bad. You get a free welcome refreshing drinks. Room was comfortable, and big. Free two bottle of water everyday. In room safe and refrigerator.

Room Tip: Free internet is only 15 minutes. 1 hour is 100 baht, but I think this is no wifi price. The condom...