“Average 2/3* hotel” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #270 of 849 Hotels in Bangkok
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“Average 2/3* hotel”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2014 via mobile

We stayed for 4 nights at the Citrus 13 and to be honest having read somewhere that it is classed as having been awarded 4* we were extremely disappointed when the taxi dropped us at its door. Although it is not a old building it is certainly not new and is located in a very busy Sol with little to no sidewalk making it challenging to get to the main road without injury.

The room (609) is small but contained all the necessary to make it a comfortable stay. However the windows are small and the electric lighting so inadequate that I abandoned any thought of applying even the most basic makeup.

Having said that it is situated between Nana and Asok stations making it very easy to get about.

In the past I have stayed in the Aspen Suites on Sol 2 and I would suggest this as a much better option if you are able to book in at a comparable price.

Finally a word of warning to those who are not familiar with the touts in Bangkok. Trust No one that approaches you in the street offering you any form of advise or help no matter how immaculate there dress may appear. They will tell you that places are closed/ open later or anything that comes to their mind ( in particular jewellery being sold tax free which is little better than pretty costume items being sold at sky high prices) so that they can get a commission. They will wave down a would be cheap tuk tuk so they can take you to these shops.

Keep in mind that there is no such thing as the Lucky Budda and if it sounds to good to be true then there is no doubt that it is

• Stayed March 2014
2 Thank Heather D
Citrus13_HM, General Manager at Citrus Sukhumvit 13 by Compass Hospitality, responded to this review, March 14, 2014
Dear Heather D,

Greeting from Citrus 13 Hotel Bangkok.

We would like to thank you for staying with us and your time sharing comment. I have shared to all the staff.

We apologize for the lightings in room which it is in our plan, road to main street we have follow up with the local government house they have a plan to redo the surface and side walk but not get the answer when it is going to be done.

Again, thank your for your compliment we will keep it up, If you wish to come to Bangkok and stay with us, please write to us and we will make all arrangement for you. We look forward to welcoming you back to Citrus 13 Hotel Bangkok in the near future.

gm@citrus13bangkok.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Oslo, Norway
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2014

Check in was quick, which is always a bonus.

The room was spotless, very modern and everything worked well except the internet was not very quick, something that annoys me extremely much in asia since i have to work every day.

I woke up to the floor flooded with water from the faulty AC but they moved me into another room immediately so no stress.

The bed was one of the most comfortable I have ever slept in and the hotel was quiet except for construction work outside.

The food on the roomservice menu left a little to be desired, but hotel food usually is crap.

Altoghter I would stay there again as the location is great and nothing is perfect in this world anyway.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
3 Thank Ghostkamera
Dear Ghostkamera,

Greeting from Citrus 13 Hotel Bangkok.

We are very happy to hear you have enjoyed staying with a great value at Citrus 13 Hotel. Your comment is on fact and truth which we very love it. We have noted on the slow internet and hardware issue and move forward to the correction and improvement.

Pune
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2014

Stayed here for 2 nights. The room is a bit small but since its in Bangkok, it is understandable.

Its a new hotel and the interiors are modern , I should say very trendy. Only that I faced some maintenance issues.
First thing I found was my toilet flush was not working. Secondly the window lock was broken. Considering that i was on the second floor i felt a bit unsafe. However the lock was replaced immediately. For the flush issue, they asked me to change the room. This room too the window lock was broken which was replaced immediately. Probably it was swapped with the other room I was checked in earlier..!!

Overall a very good hotel.
PROS -
Good location
Free wifi with reasonable speed
Very clean
Trendy interiors
Courteous staff

CONS-
Nothing in particular except for some maintenance issues I faced.

Overall value for money

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank traveller_diary_2010
Dear review2010,

Greeting from Citrus 13 Hotel Bangkok.

We are very happy to hear you have enjoyed staying with a great value at Citrus 13 Hotel. The courtesy of the staff is the key and they are all helpful with “Thai smile”. We have noted on the hardware issue and move forward to the correction and improvement.

Singapore, Singapore
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2014

I stayed for 5d 4N in this hotel.I booked through booking.com before hand for 3N and 4D.The promotion was for late check out (till 4pm).the locality is poor,so far from the road its like going through some dark back alley to reach it.The rooms were small and clean.Food is terrible and breakfast has no much choices.The hotel has some promotions themselves advertising half day trip around bangkok is free to its customers.But when we asked for it they say only some river area is only possible and any other places its only with paying money.Due to some reasons we had to extend our stay for one more day in Bangkok and we approach the front desk they said to continue in the same room and bill can be paid upon check out.But later when we enquired the late checkout option not possible for us because the last day we stayed extra wasn't booked through online but directly with the hotel so that promotion isnt valid for us.Staying extra days in that hell hole we expected they will be happy to give you more benefits but not snatch away wat ever was already there.Citrus Sukhumvit13 website gives a promotion of oneway airport transfer to the guests who stay for 3N irrespective of booking mode.its just mentioned stay 3N for airport transfere oneway.when enquired about that the front desk started a serious enquiry calling their bosses over phone and finally saying we are not eligible for it as the print out of our ticket doesnt say so.When I asked its their hotel promotion on home site the promotion is for those who stayed for 3N and since we stayed for 4N why cant we be eligible they just smile at me and say sorry without any explanation.
The Television was terrible.Breakfast was worse.Rooms too small.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

2 Thank Sunnysinga
Dear Sunnysinga,

Greeting from Citrus 13 Hotel Bangkok.

Please accept our apology for all the inconvenience during your stay. We will train the front line staff to be more professional and better communication on any enquiries. No excuse on any points mentioned but to move forward for the improvement.

Again, thank your for your comment there are rooms to improve and If you wish to come to Bangkok and stay with us, please write to me and I will make all arrangement for you. We look forward to welcoming you back to Citrus 13 Hotel Bangkok in the near future.

gm@citrus13bangkok.com

Travelers are raving about these Bangkok hotels

Jakarta, Indonesia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2014

I normally stay at Ibis Nana, but wanted somewhere closer to Soi 11 and Terminal 21, Citrus 13 seemed perfect. In fact, I only paid about the same as I do for the Ibis, so it seemed perfect. Its true Soi 13 is hardly glamorous and a bit of a building site. But it does have a number of nice ex-pat bars (e.g. Sportman) and plenty of 7-11s. Also if you walk a little to the north you take a turn left and are on the trendy end of Soi 11 (Zaks is a great place for cocktails, we only had snacks which were good, not brilliant, but the service especially from Rose Lovely is fantastic). A little further down Soi 11 is Cheap Charlie's, an ex-pat institution.
Given the surroundings on Soi 13, the hotel is hardly imposing, although a good look and it is very trendy, in terms of decor. It's only a small boutique hotel, but the reception is everything you want from a trendy hotel, lacking the hustle of Ibis Nana. Like many hotels in the area its no smoking, but the steps outside are rather a nice place to have a smoke and a chat.
I was upgraded to a superior room, which wasn't that large (like an Ibis), but beautifully decorated with a good bed. The view from the window was a bit limited, but no complaints. Unlike the Ibis it had a proper wardrobe and plenty of space to stow your bags. There was a large flat screen tv, which I hardly turned on. There are also good spaces for your laptop, etc., and the wifi worked well, although for some reason my emails were never deleted from Outlook, meaning that I had many to download every time I logged on.
The bathroom was marvellous with a separate room for the bath and shower. Although I seem to remember there weren't all the toiletries I was expecting, but most things were there. You get 2 free waters each day and the fridge is well stocked with not too expensive goodies.
The basement breakfast room is also nice, but the breakfast uninspiring, especially for Muslim's, like myself, who don't eat pork (at least the sausages were chicken).
Service seemed good and staff friendly, but nothing like the service you get in places like Vietnam. Certainly everything is very clean and I have no complaints whatsoever.
I never did visit the pool, but a friend said it wasn't that great, although the pictures look brilliant. Of course for a small hotel the amenities are a little lacking (you might even describe it as quite)and this isn't the sort of hotel to spend a lot of time in, but is that why you come to Bangkok?
Overall if you only pay the same as Ibis Nana, or even a little more, its a very good choice, especially if you want to move away from Soi 4 (Cowboy and 4 are equidistant from the hotel and a short walk if you cannot avoid them). I've certainly seem better hotels at twice the price, but if you get a good rate this is a very good choice.

Room Tip: I was upgraded to a superior room, which wasn't large, so maybe the best choice
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank piphoshin
Dear piphoshin,

Greeting from Citrus 13 Hotel Bangkok.

Thank you for selecting us instead of previous hotel, and we are very happy to hear you have enjoyed staying with a great value at Citrus 13 Hotel. You have described in and out of the hotel and surrounding area which is much appreciated and useful for other travelers.

Bengaluru, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2014

I was staying for a day last month 24/2/14 and the hotel is quite good clean and for a double occupancy with two separate beds the room is quite congested in fact no place to walk. I am impressed with the service provided by Mr. Yee and Mr Rit at the reception on various information that we were looking for. Especially for South Indians there is an south Indian restaurant just opposite to hotel. I enjoyed the morning breakfast but it opens only at 10.00 am.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Citrus13_HM, General Manager at Citrus Sukhumvit 13 by Compass Hospitality, responded to this review, March 9, 2014
Dear BalajiNagarajan2014,

Greeting from Citrus 13 Hotel Bangkok.

We are very happy to hear you have enjoyed staying with a great value at Citrus 13 Hotel. The courtesy of the staff is the key and they are all helpful with “Thai smile” We have many of Indian restaurant around the area we can recommend on your next visit.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2014 via mobile

Hello.
Its good that the hotel is not old so things inside are not badly spoiled:)
We had no probs in checking in, went through reception swiftly and we went to the room were the aircon was already on waiting for us.Thank you
The breakfast is not bad and plentifull.
Rooms are clean ..we stayed in a double superior and it is of an average size. Meaning..not as big as most europe but not as small as Paris:)
Close to Nana station makes it a bonus.
Bad bits I found...use only the elevator to get to roof pool as the top of stairs ..well..put us off (ee stayed on 7th floor).
Only a small window to the room amd a big glass window(not opening) which did not provide enough light. I am complaining about this as the room is by itself badly lit.
All ok in rest.

All in all...ok value for money.

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank Daniel B
Dear Daniel B,

Greeting from Citrus 13 Hotel Bangkok.

I and the team are very happy to hear you have enjoyed staying with a great value at Citrus 13 Hotel, we will keep up all the good work. We apologize for the inconvenience due to safety reason and we have a plan to improve lighting.