“Bad Service & Customer Care”

Citrus Sukhumvit 13 by Compass Hospitality
Ranked #277 of 859 Hotels in Bangkok
“Bad Service & Customer Care”
Reviewed November 23, 2013 via mobile

I stayed in Citrus 13 earlier this month. The stay in the hotel was fine. Bathroom was dirty though and hairs from previous guests were everywhere.

My main point if frustration is the fact that I left an expensive pair of shoes in the room when leaving. I emailed the hotel to see if they had found then and if so forward them to my home address in Ireland. They acknowledged they had been found and then offered to send then by fedex to Ireland at a cost to me 7,000 Thai baht which is $220 USD.This fee was extremely high so I asked could they be sent by regular Thai post. They have ignored this request yet still have my shoes! I looked into the cost of sending the shoes by Thai post to Ireland where I live. It should cost $30 maximum.

My emails were responded to Ms.Chaiyaphan Wetsuwan Assistant Duty Manager. I have emailed asking for a response but to no avail.

My advice would be not to stay here as a result.

Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Citrus13_HM, General Manager at Citrus Sukhumvit 13 by Compass Hospitality, responded to this review, November 28, 2013
Dear Damien B,
Greeting from Citrus 13 Hotel Bangkok.

We would like to thank you for staying with us and your time sharing comment. I have shared to all the staff.

We would like to apologize for any inconvenience occurred and delay in communication. We have check the shipping cost via international courier (FedEx, DHL, USPS) and Thailand Post via EMS which we have written back to you and stand by for instruction, look forward to your prompt reply.

Apart from this, we hope overall services at Citrus 13 Hotel Bangkok shall meet your requirement.

Look forward to welcoming back to Citrus 13 Hotel Bangkok in the near future.

gm@citrus13bangkok.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
hong kong
Reviewed November 23, 2013

I normally stay at Grand President on Sukhumvit 11, but Compass hotels website would not accept my booking although hotel indicated rooms available. So I came to Citrus by default All staff that I met were friendly and helpful. Reserved a room on line and had no problems with check in.
My room was clean tidy and modern. Thankfully did not smell of smoke though there were burn marks on the bedside table. Bathroom was great though lighting was a bit dim.
Buffet breakfast in the basement cafe was OK, but choices limited. NO BACON on the menu! No hash browns.
Sukhumvit 11 is not as pleasant to walk down as Sukhumvit 13.
Overall good value for the price. I will stay again, but have breakfast in Mulligans - much better!

1 Thank jonah888
Citrus13_HM, General Manager at Citrus Sukhumvit 13 by Compass Hospitality, responded to this review, November 24, 2013
Dear jonah888,

Greeting from Citrus 13 Hotel Bangkok.

We would like to thank you for staying with us and your time sharing comment. I have shared your complement to all the staff.

Thank you for your compliment, there was a chance for us when moved from other hotel and we are glad that we keep you up. Breakfast we will look into the menu and make it more choice.

We located in the heart of Sukhumvit area at ease access to major destination within walking distance or taking skytrain. Nana intersection is very famous as a night life and entertainment with a night market alone sidewalk.

Thank you for your time and staying with us, look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Tweed Heads, Australia
Reviewed November 23, 2013

Amazing caring staff .I was treated very well at all times. Great breakfast. Best of all is size of room and the most comfortable bed and pillows. Value for money.
I was recovering from cosmetic surgery and found this hotel to be most suitable for recoveries.
TV had access to all stations. I did not use the roof top pool but inspected it. It appeared to be in good condition.

Room Tip: short walk to main part of Sukhumvit
Dear sarcalder,

Greeting from Citrus 13 Hotel Bangkok.

Thank you for your compliment, from door boy to receptionist, room maid to waiter, Duty Manger to myself, we are very glad to hear your recovery is getting better and better. We will keep up all the good to provide good service to all our guest.

Paris
Reviewed November 22, 2013

It's a scam !!!!! This hotel will accept your booking (and your paiement), then when you check in they'll tell you they are fully booked, and they will "offer" to transfer you to another hotel in a different area, 1km away from the nearest sky train station. And no they will not refund you, and no they will not do anything to compensate. Maybe this does not happen to many travelers but it happened to me, and it shows this hotel is managed by liars and scammers. Don't go there !!!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank thisch
Dear thisch,
Greeting from Citrus 13 Hotel Bangkok.

We would like to thank you for booking with us and your time sharing comment. I have shared to all the staff.

Firstly, we would like to apologize for any inconvenience occurred. The hotel face overbook situation, we have tried our best by finding alternative accommodation for our guest at similar area and similar class but thing turn out in the other way.

We have communicated with the original source of booking made and agreed to cancel this booking. This is to ensure that there is no any charge to your account.

Thank you for your time and look forward to welcoming you back to Bangkok, Thailand in the near future.

gm@citrus13bangkok.com

Travelers are raving about these Bangkok hotels

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 18, 2013

The Pluses - Located along the Sukhumvit district, 5mins walk to Nana BTS station. Terminal 21 is also in the vicinity. Can't quite miss the hotel with its distinctive facade. Service was great, from the front desk to security staff. Beds and pillows are comfortable. Value for money.

The Minuses - Be prepared for some ponding at the front of the hotel during rains, which makes the hotel entrance inaccessible. Located a little further to the main road than I'm normally used to. Signal for wifi was weak. Room smells damp and reeked of smoke when I just arrived, even though I've asked for a non-smoking room. Some mildew in spots in the washroom.

Room Tip: You'll need to book the executive room instead of the superior, should you require a bathtub. Th...
1 Thank tanbernard
Dear tanbernard,
Greeting from Citrus 13 Hotel Bangkok.

Thank you for both pos and con comment to us, we will keep up all the good and services and improve all those mention. We will keep up room in top condition and without smell prior to arrival. Physical of flooding in front of the hotel that I have write to local government house which will take a while and beside, flooding happen only a few times in a year.

Look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed November 16, 2013 via mobile

If you just need a place to keep your luggage so that you can spent most of your time working or travelling and yet you want to stay in the prime Sukhumvit area of Bangkok then this hotel is a good choice.
Small but very well maintained and clean rooms; just a walking distance from BTS and Terninal 21 shopping mall. All types of eating joints, including several Indian food joints are very near to hotel. Very friendly staff, free wifi in rooms and nice complementary breakfast make your stay better.
One thing really bothered me during my stay here was the bad sound proofing of rooms. If your neighbour opens your it sounds as if someone is trying to open your room. If a coin falls on floor in the room above you then you hear it in your room. There are many construction activities going on near hotel that noise will bother you during the day time. I didn't like this.

• Stayed November 2013
Citrus13_HM, Manager at Citrus Sukhumvit 13 by Compass Hospitality, responded to this review, November 17, 2013
Dear saurabhkumar1,

Greeting from Citrus Sukhumvit 13 Hotel, Bangkok.

We are very pleased to hear that in overall you like Citrus 13, we will keep up on the good service and hardware. Apologize for the sound proofing in room and the noise from construction during daytime.

Citrus Sukhumvit 13 located in the heart of Sukhumvit road, close to major destination within a walking distance, or taking Skytrain to MBK, Siam Center shopping complex and even to Chatuchak a well know as Week-end market.

Again, thank you very much and look forward to welcoming you back to Citrus Sukhumvit 13 Hotel.

New Delhi
Reviewed November 8, 2013

As we planned our Bangkok trip suddenly, we had to book our hotel on the last day. While going through the hotel sites we realised that the rates have skyrocketed but I stumbled upon this property which was quite affordable even on the last day. After a lot of deliberations and hesitation I moved forward and booked it. On our way from the airport, we were very skeptical that the hotel should not mar our Bangkok experience. But it turned out to be such a huge surprise. People at the front desk checked us in even when we reached at 10 in the morning. They upgrade our room from twin bed to double on the eight floor(806). Basic room with a lovely bed but an awful view. The management should change the pillows as many can suffer from spondilytis after sleeping on those pillows. Another interesting thing is when I have to wait for 10 minutes to get a roll of tissue paper on the commode seat!!! Lovely swimming pool on the terrace, though a bit small. Breakfast not widespread and the menu repeated everyday.
But one should not expect anything more considering the price one pays even to book this hotel at the last minute.
We really enjoyed our stay and would be comfortable to come back again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Citrus13_HM, General Manager at Citrus Sukhumvit 13 by Compass Hospitality, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
Dear Srimanta M,

Greeting from Citrus Sukhumvit 13 Hotel, Bangkok.

We are very pleased to hear that your trip turn out in a positive way, we will keep up on the good service and hardware. Apologize on the pillow, we will look into it.

Look forward to welcoming you back to Citrus Sukhumvit 13 Hotel.