“Far from main street”

Citrus Sukhumvit 13 by Compass Hospitality
Ranked #323 of 891 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed November 3, 2013

The hotel is quiet far from the main street and some part hasn't sidewalk. On the other hand, the staffs are very attentive and friendly. The room size is little bit small, but clean. The shower is quite big with large knob.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Citrus13_HM, General Manager at Citrus Sukhumvit 13 by Compass Hospitality, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2013

Dear Jean B,

Greeting from Citrus 13 Hotel Bangkok.

We would like to thank you for staying with us and your time sharing comment. I have shared your complement to all the staff.

Thank you for your compliment, the room maid would be very glad to hear this. We locate on Sukhumvit 13 the distance to main road approx. 3-400 meter. Now there is a construction in the middle of this road and shall be over very soon and we wish to see the new pavement too. Walking from us you can have a short cut to Sukhumvit 11 pass Villa Market and etc or down the road to Bed Supper Club or Q-Bar a famous entertainment complex for this area.

Thank you for your time and staying with us, look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

I was staying in this hotel for 4 nights during the Travbuddy meetup. Since It's my first time in Bangkok, I was trying my luck over the hotel, reading about the comments from the previous customers. So i decided give it a go, it's a new hotel.

This hotel located at the Soi 13, not far from the Hippiest clubbing place, Bedz super club just opposite the Aloft hotel which at the soi 11 street. Too many "soi" in Bangkok, so you gotta remember the numbers, I always got confused, also most of the corner shop does look similar, so don't look for the landmark, remember the name..

Along the street from my hote, you're able to get almost anything you want, there's family mart, 7 elevens and lots of massage parlour too. But watch out with those massage parlour, you might get something you don't wish for..hahaha.

Also this hotel not very far from the famous shopping mall, like Robinson and the Terminal 21, it just a few minutes walking distance. Staying in this hotel, most places you can be reach by walking.

In the morning, at the main road, lots of the stall are open for business, you may get souvenirs, CD's, clothes at the main road

One thing I'm a little dissapointed with the hotel, Is the swimming pool, Bangkok was so hot, it's 38c almost everyday, was planning to go for a quick cool dip at the pool, but the pool is too small, i gave up!

Overall, for this hotel. It's worth to stay! If i ever going back to Bangkok, i willbe staying in this hotel again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends

Dear hayley84,
Greeting from Citrus 13 Hotel Bangkok.

Thank you for selecting us and everything was in order, just the pool that is in its size. Your description on surrounding area within a reach of walking, moreover if taking a skytrain will reach to any major shopping mall and entertainment in just a flick of an eyes.

Look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed October 16, 2013

I stayed in this hotel for business purpose back in April and I have to say I was so NOT impressed.
Rooms are small, you could almost sit in the toilet and have a shower at the same time.
Cleanliness was really average and service is just equivalent to a poor local hotel.
I have lived in Thailand for 4 years and stayed at better hotels around.
Booking was made for me and paid by my company...that I thought.
I left my credit card at reception back in April as garantee just to find out that 6 months later they used my credit card to charge for a night I did not have. A charge in September when I was not even in Thailand at that time...5555 JOKE as they say in Thailand!
Just be careful in this hotel as I do not trust them at all. I sent request to the management and still desperatly waiting to get an explanation and also reimbursement of that night wihch is simply a fraud.
Just don't stay there...really, Bangkok is a city with thousands of hotels and why would you choose to stay in that place. It is not eve convenient as a location and there are many better places on Sukhumvit road.
DO NOT BOTHER...STAY SOMEWHERE ELSE.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank CaptDan963

Dear J CaptDan963,

Greeting from Citrus 13 Hotel Bangkok.

We would like to thank you for staying with us in April and your time sharing comment. I have shared your complement to all the staff.

We work professionally and we do not take a credit card only use your card via EDC machine to make a guarantee for any other expenses. At the check out, we will clear out everything in front of our guest.

May you provide with full detail to the undersign, we will try our best possible way to sort thing out for you.

Reviewed October 10, 2013

This stylish Hotel is located in Soi 13 Sukhumvit Road. Not far away from Asok BTS station. Free Tuk Tuk service run by the Hotel is available.
WiFi for free with a good speed. Swimming Pool on the roof is small but okay to get a refreshment. Supermarkets, Pubs and Massage not far away.
Staff is very friendly and helpful.
I had the Executive King Room on the 4th floor and everything was working fine. Room and bathroom clean so I can't agree to other raters comments.
Unfortunately it is quiet common in Thailand that even new Hotels have defective appearance
like scratches in the furniture etc. I don't know if europeans are to picky but for me it's a real pity to see that.
As mentioned by a rater the noise due to construction work ongoing near the Hotel is true but during the night I had no problems to sleep and I'm usually sensitive with noise. Bangkok is in general a big construction side. There is always some work ongoing.
I can absolutely recommend this Hotel. It has a lot of potential if small things get fixed.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank Michael W
Reviewed September 28, 2013

I stayed in Citrus 13 Hotel for ten days on the second half of September 2013.

Location:
The hotel is located some 600 meters from Nana BTS station up soi 13 (13.743007,100.557877 https://maps.google.com/maps?q=13.741991,100.557550). This means that on the first day, if you arrive by public transport (e.g., the airport link to Phaya Thai and then BTS to Nana) you'd have to schlep your luggage quite a way. On the other hand, the location is quiet by BKK standards, on a non-major soi.

To get to the Nana BTS station from the hotel, you may go down soi 13 all the way to Sukhumvit, and then turn right. A better way (IMO) is to go down soi 13 past The Sportsman Bar and restaurant, to location 13.741139, 100.557582 (+13° 44' 28.10", +100° 33' 27.30") where you'll see a passage on the right that will take you to Villa Market on soi 11. Then you turn left and walk to Sukhumvit to the bottom of the stairs of the Nana BTS station.

To get to Sukhumvit MRT station, go down soi 13 towards Sukhumvit some 40 meters to the edge of the construction site on the left (13.742084,100.557759). then use the passage on the edge of the construction site to get to Soi 15 (13.7421,100.558617). Turn right towards Sukhumvit and walk some 150 meters to the lane on the left (13.740802,100.558604). This lane will take you past soi 19 to soi Asok (about 350 meters to 13.740479,100.561857) then turn right and walk to the northern entry to the Sukhumvit MRT station (about 230 meters to 13.73853,100.561503).

Room:
I stayed in room 809 (8th floor, two floors down from the maids' room).
Room is very clean, in good repair, and very modern looking (I'll get to that later).
The room includes: safe, electric water kettle, air-drier, TV, Wi-Fi, Wired Internet, refrigerator, air-conditioning, shower, toilet.
The TV selection is somewhat limited, but with the alternatives available on the Internet, that shouldn't be a problem.

The outer walls of the shower are mirrored which is a nice touch. The wall facing the TV/Window is slideable, so if you have exhibitionism tendencies, or just want to watch TV while showering, you may do so.

All the lights in the room are controllable from a bedside touch-pad console. The TV and A/C aren't controlled from the console though, which is a shame.

I stayed on the 8th floor, which is basically the penthouse, but had no view to speak of (just looking down soi 13), as the hotel is surrounded by much taller buildings. Don't expect much in way of view.

Amenities (per person):
Bath robe, two bath towels, two small towels, shower gel, shower shampoo/conditioner, body lotion, ear Q-tips, two 500ml water bottles, 3 condoms.

Problems:

Inline images 2
If you visit BKK during the rainy season, note that the area in front of the hotel's entrance (all the soi shown in the above photograph), some 30 meters up and down soi 13 will be flooded which may actually prohibits you from getting to the hotel on foot.

Gripes:
I ordered a room for two persons, and even though I asked the lobby manager and the maids for amenities for two people, I was only give amenities for one.
Q-tips were not replenished.
No toothpaste/toothbrushes and no shaving utensils provided.
Two requests made of the front desk's manager were not carried out (however, on the whole all the hotel staff are helpful, amicable, and not unprofessional).
Laundry:
Just across from the hotel lobby, go down some steps and the down the corridor for 5 meters to a Laundry: It's ฿60 per Kilo, and ฿90 per Kilo with ironing. There's additional ฿15 service charge.

General:
You use your room's key-card to operate the elevator.
There're few 7-elevens, and a Villa Market within easy walking distance.
Bottom line:
Modern, clean, well run hotel with a friendly staff, located a bit far from public transportation, in a non-central Sukhumvit soi.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
5  Thank whistlerboardrider
Reviewed September 26, 2013

I really enjoyed staying at Citrus 13 very much for 18 nights. The staffs were very helpful and everything in the rooms worked very well. When the shower spray was loose, immediately they changed my room for a better one. The only thing that wasn't available during my stay was the swimming pool which was under repair. I have already recommended this hotel to a friend of mine.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
3  Thank Ahmed A
Reviewed September 20, 2013

I enjoyed my stay at Citrus 13. The room was compact and efficent. Everything in the room worked just fine. Even though there was construction work going on next to the hotel, i didn't mind it all that much, although some people might. The multi-media was great for me to use. You didn't need a travel adaptor to use it. I just plugged in my powerboard and it worked just fine, it's a universal adaptor, it takes all sorts. The bed was very comfortable to sleep on. The rooftop pool was working at the time i was there and it was great to use after a tiring time walking the Bangkok streets. The showers worked fine. Breakfast was good, the cleaning staff efficent and the front desk was courteous and helpful whenever required.
The hotel is situated near Asoke BTS train station and Terminal 21 a 5minute walk away. Also there are two pubs nearby which show all types of sports live if that's your thing. I would stay here again if ever in Bangkok because of the proximity of the BTS. Stayed here from 14/09 to 19/09 2013

Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo