Open today: 9:30 AM - 1:30 PM, 3:30 PM - 6:30 PM
More Information

Ways to Experience Thai Home Cooking Class
from $84.63
More Info
All reviews local market fresh ingredients market trip learn how crispy noodles favorite thai dishes private class an excellent teacher cooking experience tips and tricks explained everything learning how answered all of our questions fun experience bangkok trip amazing experience angsana
Selected filters
Reviewed April 5, 2011

In large part because of previous great reviews of the wonderful cooking class offered by Angsana I did it this morning and agree with everything positive that has been said about it before. You choose your three dishes to cook, so it pays to know something about what you like in Thai cooking before you go. I decided to select three dishes I had never cooked before (and I do a LOT of Thai cooking at home in the US). After a little difficulty finding each other for the class, everything else was wonderful. Angsana has a very accomplished but informal approach to the cooking. She leads you through a local market to select the ingredients (that part alone being almost worth the price of the class), and then directs you (in her home kitchen in my case, though I see she can come to your kitchen if you want) in what needs to be done in cutting, mashing, slicing, cooking, and the like. The result for my three dishes was wonderful, and I very much doubt you would go wrong if you selected any other three she offers (though you might ask for advice if you don't know Thai cooking already to some extent). I'm tempted to do the class again with a very different choice of three dishes. Some important notes: she is very close to the On Nut station on the Sukhumvit line of the Skytrain, so easy to get to; the class from beginning of shopping to carrying away your leftovers is around 3 hours more or less; at this writing the cost of the class for a one-on-one session is 2800 Thai Bhat, not far from US $90. Do it; you'll love it.

Date of experience: April 2011
10  Thank Richard P
Reviewed March 21, 2011

Hello, I have just returned from my cooking class with the lovely and charming Angsana.
We started out by meeting up near 'On Nut' BTS and then on to the local market there to buy our ingredients. Angsana explained what some of the more unusal items in market were as well as poining out how to buy the best ingredients at the market; for example how a Pappaya should look and feel to make the best Pappaya salad.

Following our shopping trip it was straight back to Angsana's home to commence our cooking. Here we first met and greeted Angsana's Husband Christopher and her beautiful daughter Victoria. Then into the kitchen for some chopping, cleaning, Mortar and Pestle grinding and other forms of preparing our ingredients before the actual cooking.
It was all great fun and I did pick up quite a few good tips whilst we were cooking. I cook Thai food every week back in France where I live but I took this course to try out new dishes and to see if I could make one of my staple favourites, Gaeng Ga Rii Gai, (yellow chicken curry), taste more authentic than it does in my kitchen. Guess what? Success! I now know exactly where I was going wrong. My other 2 dishes were as I said new to me and they turned out to be very, very tasty, (Aroy Dee Mak).

aftyer completing all the cooking and tasting Angsana packed all my efforts up securely for me so I could take them back to our apartment to eat for our dinner tonight.

I think Angsana' cooking class is extremeley good value for money. This cooking lesson is a one on one course, it included the visit to the market, the cost of all the ingredients, a couple of taxi rides, Angsana's attentive time, use of her kitchen and home, and packaging of the finished items along with copies of the recipes, so I can ensure I follow everything carefully back home, and best of all....I don't have to fork out anymore money for tonights dinner.

If you love Thai food and want to try to cook it yourself then this is the course for you. This is not just you in some group of others in a large commercialised kitchen, this is cooking in a real Thai home with a real Thai cook. I have taken just a couple of photos to show the produce in the market and a quick photo of Angsana and me.

Thank you again Angsana for a brilliant lesson.

Date of experience: March 2011
7  Thank Micgwit
Reviewed February 26, 2011

This private Thai cooking class for our group of 4 was completely personalised - we chose the recipes and enjoyed the best fun ever. I am not a keen chef at all and neither is my 74 year old father... but we laughed all day and ate the best Thai food in our 2 week holiday in Thailand. Angsana was really wonderful. We had our own tour of her local market, with full explanation at all stalls we stopped at. We cooked at her home and ate together, and then she drove us back to the railway station. The booking was made via email /website <angsana@thaihomecooking.com>, and we paid with cash on the day. It was not expensive. We far exceeded our time allocation for no extra cost. Angsana also gave us each the recipes to take away. Her husband Christopher made us great coffee too. I will definitely return and shall always recommend Angsana.

Date of experience: January 2011
5  Thank SpaSeeker13
Reviewed February 14, 2011

If you've never made thai food before and just want an introduction, there are many group and basic classes to choose from. But if you really want to get into it, Angsana was awesome. She has over 100 dishes you can choose from. I have taken classes in Thai cooking back home, and have eaten plenty, and so I knew what I was looking to make. Ang met me at the skytrain station, took me to the market and we bought all the supplies (she drives a nice big SUV), then has a separate teaching kitchen set up in the back of her home. Her husband and daughter are very nice. I learned to make Kai Jiew Moo Saap, Gai Yang, Yam Plah Duk Foo, Sang Kaya Fug Tong, and Nom Tok Moo. Not on the usual tourist cooking menu. Highly, highly recommend!

Date of experience: February 2011
5  Thank drbmbay
Reviewed February 11, 2011

Angasa mets us at a local market and walked us all around and helped us choose fresh ingredients for our meal. Then we went back to her home and were able to cook in her kitchen. Her English is perfect and she was so sweet and helpful. At one point while chopping a pepper a seed hit my husband in the eye and she came out with a brand new eyewash kit. At the end our meal was terrific and she gave us copies of all the recipes. This was a great way to spend a morning.

Date of experience: February 2011