Open today: 9:30 AM - 1:30 PM, 3:30 PM - 6:30 PM
More Information

Ways to Experience Thai Home Cooking Class
from $84.33
More Info
All reviews crispy noodles private class thai dishes an excellent teacher cooking experience explained everything learning how market tour bangkok trip amazing experience angsana classes grob
Selected filters
Reviewed March 21, 2011

Hello, I have just returned from my cooking class with the lovely and charming Angsana.
We started out by meeting up near 'On Nut' BTS and then on to the local market there to buy our ingredients. Angsana explained what some of the more unusal items in market were as well as poining out how to buy the best ingredients at the market; for example how a Pappaya should look and feel to make the best Pappaya salad.

Following our shopping trip it was straight back to Angsana's home to commence our cooking. Here we first met and greeted Angsana's Husband Christopher and her beautiful daughter Victoria. Then into the kitchen for some chopping, cleaning, Mortar and Pestle grinding and other forms of preparing our ingredients before the actual cooking.
It was all great fun and I did pick up quite a few good tips whilst we were cooking. I cook Thai food every week back in France where I live but I took this course to try out new dishes and to see if I could make one of my staple favourites, Gaeng Ga Rii Gai, (yellow chicken curry), taste more authentic than it does in my kitchen. Guess what? Success! I now know exactly where I was going wrong. My other 2 dishes were as I said new to me and they turned out to be very, very tasty, (Aroy Dee Mak).

aftyer completing all the cooking and tasting Angsana packed all my efforts up securely for me so I could take them back to our apartment to eat for our dinner tonight.

I think Angsana' cooking class is extremeley good value for money. This cooking lesson is a one on one course, it included the visit to the market, the cost of all the ingredients, a couple of taxi rides, Angsana's attentive time, use of her kitchen and home, and packaging of the finished items along with copies of the recipes, so I can ensure I follow everything carefully back home, and best of all....I don't have to fork out anymore money for tonights dinner.

If you love Thai food and want to try to cook it yourself then this is the course for you. This is not just you in some group of others in a large commercialised kitchen, this is cooking in a real Thai home with a real Thai cook. I have taken just a couple of photos to show the produce in the market and a quick photo of Angsana and me.

Thank you again Angsana for a brilliant lesson.

Date of experience: March 2011
7  Thank Micgwit
Reviewed February 26, 2011

This private Thai cooking class for our group of 4 was completely personalised - we chose the recipes and enjoyed the best fun ever. I am not a keen chef at all and neither is my 74 year old father... but we laughed all day and ate the best Thai food in our 2 week holiday in Thailand. Angsana was really wonderful. We had our own tour of her local market, with full explanation at all stalls we stopped at. We cooked at her home and ate together, and then she drove us back to the railway station. The booking was made via email /website <angsana@thaihomecooking.com>, and we paid with cash on the day. It was not expensive. We far exceeded our time allocation for no extra cost. Angsana also gave us each the recipes to take away. Her husband Christopher made us great coffee too. I will definitely return and shall always recommend Angsana.

Date of experience: January 2011
5  Thank SpaSeeker13
Reviewed February 14, 2011

If you've never made thai food before and just want an introduction, there are many group and basic classes to choose from. But if you really want to get into it, Angsana was awesome. She has over 100 dishes you can choose from. I have taken classes in Thai cooking back home, and have eaten plenty, and so I knew what I was looking to make. Ang met me at the skytrain station, took me to the market and we bought all the supplies (she drives a nice big SUV), then has a separate teaching kitchen set up in the back of her home. Her husband and daughter are very nice. I learned to make Kai Jiew Moo Saap, Gai Yang, Yam Plah Duk Foo, Sang Kaya Fug Tong, and Nom Tok Moo. Not on the usual tourist cooking menu. Highly, highly recommend!

Date of experience: February 2011
5  Thank drbmbay
Reviewed February 11, 2011

Angasa mets us at a local market and walked us all around and helped us choose fresh ingredients for our meal. Then we went back to her home and were able to cook in her kitchen. Her English is perfect and she was so sweet and helpful. At one point while chopping a pepper a seed hit my husband in the eye and she came out with a brand new eyewash kit. At the end our meal was terrific and she gave us copies of all the recipes. This was a great way to spend a morning.

Date of experience: February 2011
4  Thank Holly V
Reviewed January 21, 2011

I just had one of the best cooking classes I’ve ever done. I can’t believe that I made Thai food from scratch and it tasted so good. Angsana is a fantastic teacher with perfect English. She meets you right outside the local BTS station , which makes it easy to get to and drops you off at the end of the cooking class. Included in the day is the optional market visit – this was an eye opening experience – I really enjoyed seeing this side of local shopping. The cooking class itself is in Angsana’s kitchen, which is a normal and basic Thai kitchen – this is something that I think is a plus for this class. Being in a big commercial kitchen doesn’t help anyone learn whereas everything that was in Angsana’s kitchen I have at home.

Angsana was able to give me lots of knowledge to vary some of my recipes. While her class is at the top end of the price bracket just remember it is private and one on one – therefore I think it is great value for this reason Angsana is patient and encouraging allowing you to cook at a pass where you feel comfortable. At the end you get to sit down and eat your food. It was at this point that I realised I could do this at home for my family and friends. You will receive recipes to take home with you.

Date of experience: January 2011