“Brilliant Atmosphere but overrated.”
Review of Dean & DeLuca

Dean & DeLuca
Ranked #460 of 11,033 Restaurants in Bangkok
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Silom
Description: Today, DEAN & DELUCA still offers the very best in service, quality and of course, selection. Epicurean treats for cooking, eating and entertaining abound even as they did in the original DEAN & DELUCA back in the '70s. DEAN & DELUCA has a team of International food experts who search for the best and newest food products from around the globe. They also have launched a new wine division and can recommend the best food and wine pairings for any event or for that special dinner at home. Please stop in for a visit.
Singapore, Singapore
“Brilliant Atmosphere but overrated.”
Reviewed August 1, 2013

Amazing atmosphere with high glass ceilings.

Staff were utmost friendly, assisting us even when the restaurant was busy and even shifted us to a bigger table to accommodate us!

Breakfast was around the range of (S$12-$20) depending on which breakfast was chose. I chose the american which was laden with lots of meat. (Bacon, ham, meat patty, potatoes and choice of eggs). Price was around 270 baht, reasonable. The lobster omelette was pathetic though, just three pieces of meat, normal scrambled eggs and at 300+ baht. (not worth!)

We also returned for dinner as this was the only place around our hotel that closed late (last order - 1030pm) and we ordered a ribeye sandwich, mushroom and chicken pasta, crab cakes, a grilled salmon, mushroom soup(disappointing) and a few drinks.

Around S$20-25 per head. Food was generally tasty but felt too stuffed after a few mouthfuls.

Will recommend to those who want a nice sit down brunch but not looking for spectacular overwhelming food.

• Visited July 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
“Give Them A break!”
Reviewed July 18, 2013

One of my friends was visiting BKK and staying in the W Hotel. Rather than pay for an overpriced buffet Hotel breakfast, we decided to visit Dean & Deluca on Naratiwas. My friend had read the reviews on TA and was reluctant to go. But my motto is ' take as you find' so we went.
What an absolutely fantastic place!
Firstly, the atmosphere and layout was fantastic.Big windows, lots of light, great space.
Secondly, the food in the display case looked so appealing we were spoilt for choice, especially when a lovely ' Duty Manager' named Tim, then gave us a breakfast menu to choose from. We were actually overwhelmed. The prices although much more expensive than local Thai food were really reasonable if I compared them to the prices at the W.
We ordered an American Breakfast and the New York waffles. Oh My God. The Waffles were bigger than my Appartment block. Perhaps too big for 2 girls watching our weight, but they were sooooo good. The American Breakfast was also very good. The food came at different times which is pretty consistent in Thailand, and actually this worked, as we shared each item.
The coffee was amazing. The best coffee I have had since I left San Francisco 3 years ago. Oh Dean & Deluca, where have you been these last 3 years.
I noticed a lot of important looking people in the cafe and in particular there was an American Manager who came over to our table to check everthing was ok. A nice touch in such a busy place. A blond haired lady in a hairnet was re-arranging some displays. We noticed an older grey haired gentleman entered the restaurant who said good morning to every waiter. He put his head into a back room and shouted good morning to people in that room, (we presumed it was an office). He even gave the cleaning lady a hug. We asked Tim the Duty Manager who he was and was told he was the big boss who started Dean & Deluca in BKK. ( what lovely manners from the Bossman).
Overall the food, the service and the price were all very good. The staff look genuinely happy, and the Managers seem very involved. I hear they are moving to a bigger space in September. I hope they keep up the good work and I will be back.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank katie r
Las Pinas, Philippines
“My Green Cup”
Reviewed July 17, 2013

I just walked toward this which is so near my hotel. I enjoyed their unique coffee and also the warm baristas who served the coffee. They were also helpful as to bring my coffee to my desk nearby.

Visited July 2013
Bangkok, Thailand
“You used to be be alright”
Reviewed July 15, 2013

There was a time when i used to live in Queens and on occasional weekends my wife and i would take the R train out to Soho and have ourselves a $6 mocha, which was a real treat.
When I found out Dean and Delucca opened up down the street from where i was living I was quite delighted. In the BKK beginning we would go all the time, but over time we have noticed the quality of the food was going down and the coffee is just not as good as it is back in Soho.

I like the lighted space, long tables, great service and coffee. But as for food, there are many other excellent alternatives at that price point.

• Visited June 2013
“Much about Nothing”
Reviewed June 29, 2013 via mobile

Bangkok being a capital for various type of cuisine and also offer variety of eating style. Dean & DeLuca offers a new way to the Sathorn office crowd. Much was expected of the new outlet however after several lunches I still were not convince of any special preference. Is it better than the Au Bon Pain nearby or the Little Home Bakery for sit down with service, it is still questionable. The only fact is the price is higher and I still can not find the reason to pay for more.

Visited May 2013