“DONT BOOK THIS Horror-TEL”

Sarasinee All Suites
Ranked #557 of 1,389 Specialty Lodging in Bangkok
Reviewed November 26, 2012

This hotel is next to a very noisy highway and not a lot of shop close by. When i checked-in, i found hair on the bed sheets (not mine since i literally just walked in the door)., soap wrappers in the toilet, chewed gum on the sofa, enought dust on the cupboards you can grow seeds on them, mud/shoe marks on the floor and worst of all (even though i asked for a non-smoking room), the room reeked of cigarette.The receptionist was grumpy at me when i complained about this (so much for customer service, i would at least expect them to be aplogetic) and sent someone up my room who hastily "cleaned" the room. More like picked the hair off the bed and the wrapper off the floor. at the end, they demanded, one night be paid, and i had to find another accomodation because i was already sick and cant risk getting sicker because of the rooms filthy condition.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank frequenttravellet

Reviewed October 11, 2012

Set beside a very noisy highway , this modern hotel is quite a gem !
We booked into a one bedroom suite for a week . We booked a further 3 more weeks regardless of the busy road .
The convenience of this hotel is awesome . 5 min from krung thong buri bts sky train .
5 min from the water ferry . 10 walk to the 24/hr grocery store and a few eateries.

The suite is cleaned on a daily basis .
Pool closes at 7 pm which is a bummer though .
Gym well equipped but no fan or ac so go with lots of water !
Breakfast buffet differs daily . Pay 130 baht instead of adding it to your hotel price .
Somedays depending on when you arrive there's not much food left . They do not top up the buffet . Pity though cos many of us like to wake up a bit later . Staff very helpful .

You can use their Skype phone in their common room . Nice place to study or work from .
If you plan to stay here , come with a few kitchen ware .
Will make life easy .
I really like my home for a month regardless of all the pitfalls .

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Tashastraveltroves
Reviewed July 26, 2012

The hotel itself is quiet (you won't hear your neighbors) but there is a lot of noise both from the traffic and construction adjacent to the hotel.
Tiny swimming pool and gym. Some days the breakfast is good, but on other days it is not.
Most staff are friendly (except 2 of them.)
We've stayed here 2 times - the second time, the room was not clean.
I do like the heavy curtains which makes the room dark and good for sleeping in.
Roomy with separate bedroom and living area. The furniture is a little worn.
Near skytrain.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank mpmpmg
Reviewed July 5, 2012

Advantages: close to sky train, spacious, washing machines, safe, good pool, good gym
Disadvantages: noisy (road one side - building under construction on the other side), no utensils to use the "kitchen" (not even a plate or a spoon and no fire!!), no decorative accessories (nothing like the photos - the living area is totally empty), no big supermarkets near by

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Marta C
Reviewed May 11, 2012

For a quick family trip to BKK the hotel was a great choice. The location was just across the river and only short walk to cross river ferry or the BTS station. The room was clean and tidy. The hotel has a small restaurant offer and nice breakfast and choices for dinner or room service. Again for what we paid its was great. The staff are more then happy to help even if their English is somewhat limited.

The pool on roof is great and very clean. Website shows a nice gym but it's located on the 8th floor and has no air con and is a like a sauna.

The location is away from everything but allows you to enjoy the short walk to transport and enjoy the local side of Bangkok. In saying that there are massage, and street food stalls alla round and at a much cheaper rate then in the heart of BKK.

Now please use CAUTION: I must add that there is a female who appears to be the Manager of the hotel who would happen to be the most rudest Thai in BKK. Every time we dealt with her, staring from check in she was rude and very unhelpful. So much so that she gave us our purchased room facing a large construction site so that every rmorning you were woken early.

Also check what you have booked for because anything else they will charge you to make up for their cheap rates. Even a simple request for an extra pillow was going to cost us over 100bht a night.

At the end of our stay we asked for a large taxi to collect us. It was then we were told that we should have booked the taxi ourselves and was not up to her. After about 15 mins of waiting we were told to go outside and hail a cab ourselves. We had to go next door hotel to book a taxi. What makes it worse we have two children under 5 and waiting around outside for that long was not he best.

It was a very disappointing end to a nyet another awesome trip to BKK. The hotel and staff are great and for $38 a night for a corner suite was great value. Just that we won't be back because of the manager.

Room Tip: Ask for a room not facing the large constructions site.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
11  Thank mattrickie
Reviewed April 1, 2012

I'll start on a positive note. The hotel was clean and the staff helpful. The location is a bit far from anything interesting, but that did not bother me too much as I expected to spend most of my time in the room, working. And that's where the problems started. I had specifically booked this hotel as it advertised high-speed internet, which I needed to upload and download files from my work server. When I arrived, the internet was down as there had recently been a power outage. The staff had someone look into it and sorted it out in a couple of hours.

When got online, I noticed that the connection was VERY slow. I had trouble opening my emails, let alone doing anything requiring more bandwidth. I conducted a speed test and found that the connection was working at dial-up speeds, which is pretty far from any definition of high-speed I've ever seen, and meant I couldn't access the files I needed. I decided to stay the night, as it was getting a bit late, but told the staff that if the connection was as slow the next day, I'd have to change hotels. In the morning I tried using the connection again, with the same results.

When I went to check out, I was told that I'd have to pay for two nights, as this is what I had originally booked the room for. Of course I felt this was completely unfair, as the hotels advertising was misleading. I argued for a while with the nice gentleman at the counter, who seemed sympathetic to my situation. However his boss, with whom he tried to sort the problem out over the phone, insisted that I pay for both nights. I eventually gave up, as I really needed to get to work. I think having to pay for both nights was outrageous and warned the staff that I would leave bad reviews online. Here's me keeping that promise.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
5  Thank Oz0ne
Reviewed March 18, 2012

It's my first time to Bangkok with my family and hence no comparison with other hotels there. But I was really impressed by the services of the staff here.When I had a problem with my phone and they used their personal cell phone for my call. However the english level of the staff is not great. The room is ok but bathroom is small and has no bath tub, breakfast cuold be better with more choice.

Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple