All reviewsrooftop restaurantbetween flightsearly flightone night stayroom was comfortable and cleanfree transfersmall gymno windowshuttle servicetop floorsmall balconyhotel is perfectthai massageshort staybreakfast was includednice pooltaxi driver
Reviewed May 19, 2015 via mobile

We stayed here for two nights. It was a nice room and a huge bed. They give you two free waters a day but I accidentally drank one of the waters in the fridge. They charged me 90thb for a small water (they cost 7thb in 7 11. I was not impressed with this markup. We bought the rest of our water and snacks from the 7 11 which is 2 minutes walk away.
Ate at their restaurant one night and was not impressed with their spaghetti; very sweet and not tasty. There is an great Thai buffet across the road.
Overall a nice hotel with a small gym and pool, just don't expect much from the food, go elsewhere.

Stayed: May 2015, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Shteff
Reviewed May 3, 2015

After nearly a month in Thailand my wife and I had an early morning flight so this hotel was ideal. we checked in around 2pm and freshened up, the rooms were of high standard, nothing to complain about.. although a maid had left an old towel in the shower... the staff quickly sorted this out. I would recommend this hotel to stay in although with only 1 lift it was chaotic at 6am getting our luggage to reception.
I do however have a complaint which I feel people should be wary about.
If you read any of my previous reviews you will see that I don't complain often.
In this instance I complained directly to reception and what I believe was the concierge with only a basic "I am sorry". My wife is Thai so when we arrived and had freshened up we asked at Reception the best way to Bangkok Centre, the Conceirge said it could cost 600 Bhat (the trip the other way was half that) so when we said no he said to my wife I will try and get you a taxi for 400Bhat, I suggested perhaps a taxi to Lat Krabang Station to get the airport express but he ignored this... my wife had already agreed 400Bhat. As we set off in the taxi I asked why the meter wasn't running the reply was that it was a fixed price fare we enquired again to which the drive confirmed the price of 600Bhat. at this point which was just at the end of the soi I said I am not paying that much to Bangkok, after a short discussion it turned out that the driver had paid the Concierge 100Bhat for the fair and was already out of pocket. He seamed happy for us to go back to the hotel and have it out with the man but I decided he was telling the truth and took him at his word. Then end of the story is that he took us to Lat Krabang Station and we were at the MBK centre within 30 minutes for a fraction of the cost, I paid the driver the 100Bhat and the 50Bhat fair to the station. My wife didn't want me to make a scene at the hotel but I was a little angry that I had been cheated by the concierge. We discussed the instance with reception and the concierge acted innocent about the affair. In the end I suggested that if someone asks the best way into Bangkok they suggest the airport express which runs every 15 minutes and costs next to nothing.

Room Tip: To get to Bangkok take a Taxi to Lat Krabang airport express for the quickes and cheapest way to town
  • Stayed: April 2015, traveled with family
2  Thank GregMac
Reviewed April 27, 2015

The Lat Krabang area just 10 minutes from Suvarnabhumi Airport is a very Thai experience and we really liked it. We came from Jomtien by car and the driver really struggled to find the hotel but in the end, we found it. The hotel is quite new and it is very modern in many ways.

The staff at the reception were nice and quick and we were quickly led to our room - a suite. The room faced the street and it was very hot - the two aircons cooled it down quickly though. The safe was just lying in the closet - it had not been secured or fixed to the wall which we did not like. The fact that there was sun on the balcony was not good at it was way too hot so sit outside - this was boosted by the "exhaust" from our own two aircons - crazy construction.

We asked to move to the back of the hotel into the room opposite (the door was open and the view looked better). It was no problem and we just had to wait for 10 minutes before the bellboy helped us move.

Our new suite had a better view with the canal, some Thai homes with ducks and geese - very local indeed. The room was very nice with a comfortable bed, sitting area and a "kitchen". The bathroom only had this huge bathtub which was really not good. How do you wash your hair (3/4 meter long) without a shower?? There was a showerhead but it did not work so we had to wash our hair in the sink - with only cold water. Suite or not - the room needs a shower too! Despite the aircons in the balcony, we enjoyed sitting there and watching life go by.

The pool area is small and you can call for a drink from the lobby bar. Pool towels are available and there is also a small gym.

Breakfast - well, we had something to eat but it was not very inspiring. The roof top restaurant cannot be used in the day (too hot) but we had a very romantic last night with good food and a guitarist playing. The view from the restaurant was fantastic and the service was good!

There are some (very nice) restaurants and bars close to the hotel - just opposite there is a Thai restaurant/bar with live music (and very good Thai food) and a couple of hundred meters to the right, we had lunch at a Japanese restaurants with great set menus and a huge menu card.

All in all, we liked our stay but we would not choose a suite room again because of the missing shower - although it had a fantastic balcony.

Room Tip: If you want a suite, go for room 502.
  • Stayed: April 2015, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Coastal809372
Reviewed April 10, 2015

Being close to the BKK International Airport, a good transit hotel for a night stopover, very comfortable, good breakfast and a welcoming swimming pool. the area has gook eating, drinking venues without having to go into the BKK CBD. The hotel entrance a little different.

• Stayed: April 2015, traveled with family
2  Thank Colin T
Reviewed March 25, 2015

we only stayed one night but had a full day there. They were helpful in finding us tours, taxis and general information for those doing a first time trip to Bangkok. The room had great air con and was easily accessible as well as having a nice pool and being a quick trip from the airport.

Stayed: January 2015, traveled with friends