“Beautiful Bangkok at Night”

Velo Thailand - Private Day Tours
Ranked #27 of 151 Outdoor Activities in Bangkok
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Reviewed February 17, 2013

A great experience with A, our guide. I stay in Bangkok for 5 months and he showed us another side of Bangkok.

The guide was super nice. Me and my friends got a "private" tour and we stop quite sometimes Wat Pho at night. It was magical! No one was there, Wat Pho seemed like ours ;)

We did some detour and A accommodated our needs very well! Bravo!

I did Historical Night Ride at February 17th, 2013. I paid 1,100 Baht per person.

1  Thank Alderina
"safety"
in 5 reviews
"jay"

Reviewed January 10, 2013 via mobile

The night bike tour is a must do. By night the traffic near the Grand Palace and wat pho decreases substantially . This tour takes advantage of that and also rides along back streets and alleys on both sides of the river taking you to and through many interesting sites, many of which are spectacularly illuminated at night.. The weather is cooler and exhaust fumes are decreased at night as well.

The guide is great. He is fluent in English and very knowledgeable about the city, culture and bikes. He is a very safe rider and the ride is safe. It is not taxing, just a hoot. You do ride down some 4 1/2 foot wide paths along the canals so you must be able to control your bike, it is a slow ride, so this should not be a big conern.The bikes are new mountain bikes in very good condition.

The price is 1100B ($33 US) and includes bike, helmet and water. It starts at 6 pm and lasts 3 to 4 hours and covers 5 to 8 miles I would guess. It is an enjoyable, informative way to get the lay of the land around that area. You should definitely do it!

3  Thank Twolf1
Reviewed December 19, 2012 via mobile

We met at the bike shop and found out my 2 friends and I were the only people on the tour. This was really nice because we encountered other tour companies during our tour and they had about 10-12 people with one guide - looked impersonal and dangerous. Give yourself plenty of time to get to the shop. Their website says 5 minute walk from Koh San Rd - more like 10. Kong was our guide - he was funny, nice and spoke good English. This tour was really the best way to see Bangkok. At night, the temples and other attractions are free from the crowds of tourists. I would only suggest this tour for someone who is really comfortable on a bike. It's a very easy ride in terms of steepness, hills. But many of the roads are incredibly narrow with no railings on the side. And of course it's dark since the tour starts at 6! Just a warning. Otherwise, this was one of my favorite activities in Bangkok!

3  Thank Carolinagirl4
Reviewed November 24, 2012

It's not often that you get "way" more than you expected...but this was one of those rare moments as a traveler when you are left trying to figure out exactly what part of the experience was the most satisfying. Was it moving through the frenetic noisy city quickly and silently...or having to slowly negotiate through the barely wide enough walkways that are crowed with stalls and merchants...or gliding through the neighborhood villages that line Bangkok's rivers and bays...or stopping to wonder at the beauty of one of the many Buddhist Temples...or sampling a street vendors "best ever" mango sticky rice.

Most importantly our guide Kong was knowledgeable, friendly and above all made sure that we were safe.

This is a must do for anyone who wants to fully experience Bangkok.

2  Thank theworldiswide
See more reviews
Reviewed October 15, 2012

I nervously booked a 25km bike ride in Bangkok on a whim. I was terrified as I had only been on a bike a handful of times after a 15 year hiatus. No problem. Jackie got me fitted up and we were off. The alleyways are narrow but we took a pace that was easy and helped me gain confidence. I had an absolutely fantastic morning and was only sorry the tour ended!

The complimenary water and cool towel were a nice touch.

As I was the only participant on the ride, Jackie and I had lots of opportunity to chat. He was very informative about Bangkok and Thai sights and history. It was a lovely morning. Highly recommended.

4  Thank PrincessGolden