“Great day out” 5 of 5 bubbles

6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Great day out”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2013

Not being a keen fisherwoman, I thought Bungsamran was good, but my husband loves to fish and he thought this was place was absolutely awesome. He caught about 12 catfish ranging between 10-20kg in the 6 hours we spent there. They all put up a fight and were so fun to reel in.

The bungalows are basic but worth it for the shelter and fan, and I read my book in comfort while hubby waited eagerly for the next bite.

Our guide didn't really talk much but he baited the line and cast it for us, then let us reel it in. One rod between 2 people was fine for us. If you're not sure, see how you go and you can always go and get another one later on because they're not that cheap to hire.

We got lunch there which was delivered to our bungalow by a guy on a bike; the food was good and the drinks were cold, just don't expect the bike people to be coming around and taking orders- I went over toy the restaurant to order.

All in all it was a really good day. Very relaxing and heaps of fun if you don't mind a fish!

3 Thank Kate1989

• Indonesian first
  • Thai first
Bangkok
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“Something Completely Different to do in Bangkok”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2013

Had a business visit a Saturday morning and wanted to have a quite beer and something to eat.
My business friend suggested a place just 20 meters away fro his house.
Wow! Cheap beer, great food, friendly staff that speaks English NO MUSIC blearing.
I am not a fishing fan but is was fun seeing folks catching 1 to 2 meters fishes which they had to throw back.

I defenitely will go back there. great fun just with a couple of friends get 2 rods amd have a great day for next to nothing

1 Thank BangkokCarnivore
Suffolk
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Don't let this one get away”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2013

Wow! There are some big fish in this lake. A full day's fishing 9am till 8pm is very tiring. Especially when you have caught 16 Mekong catfish with a total weight of 500lbs.
We booked through Fish Thailand - Eddie Mounce who is English & speaks perfect Thai and he does everything for you.
www.fishthailand.co.uk
We will definitely use him again on our next trip.

Visited March 2013
1 Thank SufolkFrequentflyer
Bradford, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Very expensive, daily ticket has recently doubled for foreigners to 2000baht!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2013

This year (2013) is my third experience at Bungsamran (having previously fished here in 2009 and 2010). While there are many big fish to be caught here I found the doubling of the entry fee of 2000 baht per rod excessive compared to some other fishing venues in Bangkok.

There are alternatives in Bangkok for big fish, during my visit I also Sakuna fishing park (100 - 150 baht per rod depending on days, weekends being more expensive) and Bor Ngao Nam aka Shadow lake (120 baht per rod). Big fish were caught at both these venues, but not at the same frequency as Bungsamran, however the fish were in much better condition, and we caught a personal best Mekong at Sakuna weight in excess of 120lb!

The fishing was good at Bungsamran in general, but the ridiculous prices foreigners are charged leaves a slightly bitter taste in my mouth. I accepted previous 250% ticket price for tourists, but now at 500%; I can not recommend Bungsamran as there are other venues within Bangkok offering the big fish experience for a fraction of the price. See my other review for Sakuna.

12 Thank Alchang
Bangkok, Thailand
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“In an otherwise hectic city, there is Bangsamran”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2013

I am not a fan of fishing (my friends is) but I love the peacefulness of this place. Nice food, cold beer, friendly staff and people doing what they love doing. Me? I love nice food, cold beer, friendly people and a few hours of calm in Bangkok.

Visited March 2013