“Great Fishing” 5 of 5 bubbles

Rawai, Thailand
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Great Fishing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2013

As a break from Saltwater Fishing the Captains from Phuket Game Fishing Club go here for a couple of days about 4 times a year to catch Giant Mekong Catfish largest we have had is 109KG last Trip we had a 60KG Fish. The Apartments are very good Modern & Clean Guides are excellent and Food is OK plenty Cold Beer. Main Thing Though is the Fish there are Monsters here and they provide an excellent workout. Last trip over 2 afternoons we had 50 fish between 2 anglers smallest about 15KG Biggest 60KG. Highly recommended.

Visited March 2013

• Indonesian first
  • Thai first
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Fishing In The World”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2013

Recently spent three days fishing here for big Mekong Catfish and Siamese Carp with Thailand Fishing Guide and must say the fishing was fantastic. We caught plenty of big catfish but the carp were on the slow side due to the periodic water cleansing by the management, (they do this by using salt to kill off bacteria or so I was told) Prices have just increased to 2000bht per rod, bait is 600bht for 30 kilos, guide 1000bht, equipment hire 600bht and bungalow 800bht but you can opt to fish the central pier for no extra charge. We opted to use a guided tour service and yes this does add a little extra to the cost but it is worth every baht. Everything is done correctly for you from mixing the bait correctly through to helping land very very heavy fish. To me it's a no brainer why waste your valuable time trying to get to grips with transport, bait, rigs, tackle etc. Get the professionals to help you catch that monster. Our guide told us many stories of big fish diving under the numerous structures around the lake. When this happens the guide will enter the water with the rod and bring the fish out. Certainly something I would not do by myself.
Bungsamran, like many other fishing parks in Thailand is getting expensive but you are pretty much guaranteed muscle testing sport all day long and there is always a chance of pulling out a true mega fish.
I was lucky enough to fish some other venues during my trip and I have to say you pay your money and you take your choice! Many other, cheaper lakes do not have even the most basic facilities. Bungsamran has them all. If you like fishing and you are in Bangkok, don't miss out, give this place a try. I will definitely be going back.

1 Thank Khanittha N
Brisbane, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Pricey but a total hoot!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2013

Spent around 6 hrs here today, we got a bungalow for 800 bht, license was 2000 bht, 1000 for a guide, rod hire 600 bht, 15 singah beers 600 bht, nice lunch 450 bht, bait 400 bht, mrs got a massage for about 45 mins 180 bht, real sore arms and 8 massive fish were free as part of the package. Excellent fun!!!

Visited March 2013
2 Thank Patmoss1976
New Liskeard, Canada
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 81 helpful votes
“All the way from Canada to catch monster fish!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2013

My hubby and I booked a day of fishing at Bungsamran during our recent 3-day stop in Bangkok through Fish Thailand. Our package included early morning pickup for the 40 minute taxi ride from our hotel in the Silom area, personal fishing guide (the wonderful Mr. Alley, couldn't have done it without him) two rods, tackle and bait, nice lunch in our private bungalow and a very considerate call from Eddie Mounce, the owner of the tour company, to check on how our day was going. Despite the heat, strain and exhaustion, we had the most amazing time fighting to land these giant fish. We both caught 5 catfish, none smaller than 35 lbs. and the largest around 60 lbs. If you love to fish, you don't want to miss this opportunity when in Thailand! Just go for it!

3 Thank MandyLee_7
Orlando, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“loads of fun”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2013

First I want to say I fought my boyfriend tooth and nail about going to a fishing park. I did not want to fish!!!! Finally I gave in and we came to Bungsamran Fishing Park. We had a GREAT time! It was a blast! We never caught fish so big in our lives! There were 3 of us and it cost around 3800 baht for everything. Ok yes if your a tourist your going to pay more than whats posted online. Its the same thing at Disney World, I get a discount for being a FL resident. Tourist always pay more. If you like to fish, its worth it! Some tips, not everyone needs their own line! Share! sometimes it takes 20 min or longer to reel in these big fish. You will want to take a break and let someone else use the line. Get a guide! They are experts and you will need their help. There were 2 guys next to us on the dock and they chose not to have the guide and had a bit harder time than the rest of us! If you want to reel fish in one after the other, add the coconut oil to your bait. But beware your body will be super sore! No need to make a reservation just show up. No need to rent a bungalow unless you plan to spend the night. The dock has plenty of shade and a nice breeze!
One more thing I want to add is that this place had some of the best Thai food I had while in Thailand!!!! Amazing Pad See Ew(i think thats how its spelt) and awesome pineapple w/chicken fried rice!!!! We had a variety of other meals and shared and everything was terrific! We caught fish in abundance and had tons of fun! am very glad we came to Bungsamran fishing park!

4 Thank Carrie D