“Great location, Cheap and Decent”
Review of Vic3 Bangkok

Ranked #252 of 887 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed December 2, 2013

Visited Bangkok for weekend relaxation and didn't want spend too much money, also traffic time. Vic3 Bangkok located just 5 mins walk from Sanam Pao BTS. The environment is quite and not much noise disturbs from traffic. The staffs were helpful and nice. The room was clean up everyday and looked tidy. The restaurant below is fine if you want to catch a late night meal. I recommend you could try the fish ball noodles from hawkers, delicious and cheap. I had it as breakfast. :P
Wifi is not stable but enough for simple messaging and communication. Forget using it for video downloading!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank pigming
RMVic3, General Manager at Vic3 Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2013

Dear Pigming,

Sawasdee & Greeting from Vic3 Bangkok!

I would like to thank you for your patronage and valuable time to respond on Tripadvisor.

We were delighted to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us. At the same time, we are happy to have met your expectations in service and quality standards. Receiving such positive feedback from our guests motivates us to further improve our commitment to delivering good service.

Your feedback in all these matters raised are much appreciated and I do apologise for any inconvenience caused during your stay.

Once again, thank you for your valued patronage. From all of us, we look forward to welcoming you again at any one of our serviced residences.

dome.p@the-ascott.com

Reviewed December 1, 2013

Stayed for 3 nights and it was exactly what we were looking for. A great location about 3 mins walk from the BTS line, close to Siam and a 10 mins walk to Victory Monument. The rooms were clean and modern with access to a lovely pool and gym until 10pm at night. We stayed right opposite these facilities and did not have any noise issues.
The love bistro served nice food and a good selection, so also very convenient. The concierge could not have been more helpful, and they let us keep our luggage at the hotel after checkout so we could go to the weekend market. Breakfast was a little limited but fruit was lovely. Would definitely recommend.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sam P

Dear Sam P.,

Sawasdee & Greeting from Vic3 Bangkok!

Last but not least, If you have time, we do encourage our guests to share their stay experience so please do feel free to share your experience of Vic3 Bangkok with others via our company web-site feedback program. To participate, simply click on the direct link following:

Once again, thank you for your valued patronage. From all of us at Vic3 Bangkok, we look forward to welcoming you again at any one of our serviced residences.

Reviewed November 19, 2013

We stayed here for 2 separate nights as recommended by our Bangkok colleagues. While it looked appealing on paper: near the BTS, a few stops away from Siam, modern amenities, etc - it did not deliver what a decent hotel should. First, they should improve their customer service. When we checked in for our first night, they demanded THB1,500 per person as (they claim), required guarantee deposit. Seeing we haven't changed our US$ to THB, I offered $100 to cover 2 rooms but lady at the desk said they do not accept US$ and wanted THB instead. After 15 minutes of calling her supervisor and seeking assistance from another front office staff, she reluctantly accepted. Also, for some reason, Vic3 is probably the only place I encountered where the employees - especially the front office and waiting staff at the coffee shop do not offer "wais' even if I initiate the polite Thai bow with clasped hands. Also disturbing, the man who sits at the travel desk offered services of lady escorts to the men in our party - all within earshot of the front office staff.
On their amenities, I called for change of towels as the ones in my bathroom are soiled with frayed edges. The housekeeping staff was so apologetic and made sure I got newer towels.
All in all, my experience was disappointing. I thought I had found another option to stay when I visit Bangkok (and I do so often) but I think not. Too bad as they have the makings of a good hotel.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Aveeno1991

Dear Aveeno1991,

Sawadee & Greetings

I noticed that we failed to meet your expectations in certain aspects of your recent stay with us. After careful review of your concerns, I offer you my deepest apologies for having failed to give you the service all our guests expect.

Since we are constantly looking at ways to improve our services, following your feedback, I will focus my efforts to seek improvements in these areas.

Once again, thank you for your valued patronage. From all of us, we look forward to welcoming you again where we aim to serve you better.

Dome PHUAKACHEE / Residence Manager

Reviewed November 17, 2013

Overall very good hotel for a reasonable price. The rooms were clean, modern and in good conditions with decent size. Breakfast was ok and the location is about 5 minutes walk to he BTS so easy access.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
RMVic3, General Manager at Vic3 Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded December 24, 2013

Dear Jehntravel,

Reviewed November 14, 2013

Situated right around the corner from Sanam Pao BTS (take exit 4), this Ascott group hotel is a minimal frizz version of its siblings. Around the hotel there weren't much amenities but if you take a 10 minutes walk in the direction of Victory Monument BTS there is a busy night market along a small soi. In the lobby, there's a cafe, "Love Eat Bistro". Didn't have the chance to check it out as my room didn't include breakfast but was I interested to try out the western-Thai menu.

The hotel also has a gym and a small pool at the 3rd floor. I was fortunate to be allocated the room on the same level where I had the chance to go for my morning swim right from my doorstep. The room was adequately spaced, enough space to accommodate a few 21" luggages. The queen sized bed was comfy with spare pillows. What I liked was the flexible reading lights by the bed post and also the hidden compartments in the room like the fridge, safe and workstation compartment. These made the room look more organized but can be frustrating if you are in a hurry and need to find these facilities the first time.

The bathroom is big with a spacious shower glass but the toilet bowl was crammed in a corner. Those with longer limbs might need to a change of position to adapt though! The hotel didn't provide much variety of toiletries, the house soap/shampoo wasn't particularly unique nor very fragrant. I will recommend bringing your own shower gel/shampoo or get them from Chatuchak over the weekend.

Another advice will be to choose rooms without see through showers from the sleeping area if you are staying with someone unfamiliar. Its a nice addition for couples though as it can get steamy in the bathroom

Room Tip: choose the 3rd floor for easy access to the pool and gym
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank jervis21

Dear Jervis21,

dome.p@the-ascott.com

Reviewed October 30, 2013

The hotel is very good quality for money. I paid 35 EUR per night.
Rooms: The rooms are clean and have a sufficient size for a city trip. Tea making facilities are provided. The interior is contemporary.
Breakfast: As always in Asia, breakfast is the usual toast and jam for the european guest :-) But they also provide a good variety of fresh fruit and freshly cooked eggs. If you are into chinese style noodles, breakfast will have it as well ;-)
Location: The location is great, since this is a 2 min walk from the sky train station. Depending were you want to go it is between 10-20min ride on the train. Apart from this there is not much to see in the place. You can walk around in the evening and have something to eat on one of the street stalls that popp up when darkness comes. They have decent dinner.
All in all, I would recommend the hotel for another stay in Bangkok.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank Sabrina F

Dear Sabi142,

Reviewed October 19, 2013

Good location 5 mins walk from Sanam pao Bts station, 7-11 close by as are coffee vendors, weekday mornings and fresh fruit sellers. Didn't walk any further than Bts station so can't say what is around area with regard to restaurants etc. Hotel is new, staff are pleasant, knowledgeable, courteous and check in is efficient. Room was clean, nice big shower and toilet area, I had no dramas with the toilet with regard to positioning. Bed was comfortable, wifi was good as was the air-con. My only gripe was that the room was on same level as the pool and could be noisy when there are people in the pool, also early in the morning there was plenty of opening and closing of doors, maintenance/cleaners? which could easily be felt in my room.
I had a look at the breakfast offering but didn't really suit me, I went out for a nice bowl of Khao tom for a fraction of the cost including bts fare, but that's a personal choice.Other than that I will definitely return.

Room Tip: Pick a room higher than the pool.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank scratchyfoot
RMVic3, General Manager at Vic3 Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2013

Dear Scratchyfoot ,

Sawasdee kurb & Greeting from Vic3 Bangkok!

We also noted your comment on the noisy while stay at the same level with the pool which we will definetly look in to it on how to solve this kind of issue.