“Very poor breakfast no halal food available”

Golden Tulip Mandison Suites
Ranked #157 of 859 Hotels in Bangkok
“Very poor breakfast no halal food available”
Reviewed February 20, 2014

I'm writing this review after my first night experience in The hotel .
The location of the hotel is in the centre of Bangkok”Good There is also a complimentary shuttle tuk tuk to the main road train station
As when I checked in with my wife I found the bed matters was dirty so we said my be when the clean the room next day but when we came agin we found still the same dirty bed matters is used
But still I think the room service needs more improvement as after my room was clean I found out
room service did not change the bed matters . Really the hotel needs more improvement
In the room service and breakfast . Really i was very disappointed .as me and my wife
are honeymoon couples and after checking in different 4stars hotels in Thailand I think this is the worst i ever stayed. unfortunately i going for another four nights .

Room Tip: Look for cleaner room. And better breakfast
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
PrattanaP, General Manager at Golden Tulip Mandison Suites, responded to this review, February 23, 2014
Dear Scorpions009,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We pride ourselves on our consistent service delivery and ensuring that guests meet their expectations. I was therefore disappointed to learn that you felt this was not the case.

I am very sorry to hear about the bed matters, this experience is not typical of the standards we require from our team members. We have shared your comments with our training supervisor, and will make sure that all our team members are adhering to all of our Guest Service standard.

In regards to your breakfast experience, our Chef is trying her best to ensure guest's satisfaction, the menu is rotating everyday. Our food items are Halal, except bacon, ham and pork sausage. I would welcome your feedback on any items you feel were missing, kindly advise via gm@goldentulipmandison.com that would be highly appreciated.

We want to make sure that all future guests receive a warm welcome to our hotel and do hope you will allow us the opportunity of welcoming you back.

Prattana Pimpila

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (133)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Ahmedabad, India
Reviewed February 19, 2014

The room allotted to us at the first instance was on the ninth floor, which had an extra door inside. On inquiring with the front office we were told that the room was previously an attached room and the door was for the same but the same has been blocked and the two rooms are treated as two separate rooms. After some time we could hear a few men talking loudly across that door. So we requested for a change and we were upgraded (complementary) to a higher category room after an initial denial and non acceptance of the issue.

Had a little problem in the bathroom where the water used to spill out of the bathtub/ bath area which was risky as one may slip while stepping out of the bath area. The lighting in the room needs a reconsideration and should be increased.

With regards to the breakfast, the menu almost remained the same during the period of our stay for 3 days. It was observed that around 10 am when we used to go for breakfast, we had to request the restaurant staff for refilling a couple of dishes which they ignored as it was almost the closing timing. Out of 3 days only on the 3rd day we were asked for tea/ coffee by the restaurant staff during the breakfast time.

The staff named Mr. Touch at the concierge was rude and seemed to be misguiding about not taking the skytrain and instead hire a taxi. When we check out and we were told at the front office that our luggage shall be available at the concierge, at the concierge the same staff ignorantly tells us that he has no information about our luggage. Instead of inquiring with the front office at once he first argued with us and then inquired with the front office.

The free tuk tuk ride to and fro for the nearest Skytrain station was a good one, except the drivers who were rude. Once we requested for a pick up from the pick up point near the skytrain station, but reached 5-7 mins late only to face the rude behaviour of the tuk tuk driver which was unexpected.

Another staff, supposedly the tour desk manager was always keen to know what my plan was and kept on convincing me to make bookings through him which seems suspicious.

The tour desk manager and the staff at the concierge always seemed to convince you to book a tour or a taxi through them. The motive for them never seemed to help the guests but to earn commissions from the respective booking.

Room Tip: Avoid erstwhile connecting rooms and now separate rooms.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank KKEDIA
PrattanaP, Operations Manager at Golden Tulip Mandison Suites, responded to this review, February 19, 2014
Dear KKEDIA

Thank you for providing us with feedback relating to your recent stay.

First and foremost, please accept my sincere apologize for this inconvenience caused. This is definitely not the standards of service we strive to obtain. Your comment and suggestions have been discussed with all concerned to ensure that the appropriate action is taken to improve our service standards.

I would highly appreciate if you could provide me with your contact information,this would enable me to personally apologies and address your experience in detail. I can be reached at om@goldentulipmandison.com.

Thank you once again for your comments and we do hope that you will allow us the opportunity of welcoming you back.

Thippayrat(Toey) Kongsoontornkijkul
Operations Manager
Hawaii
Reviewed February 16, 2014

Stayed at the hotel for 10 days. Nice hotel, great breakfast buffet. bell staff excellent, front desk staff fair to good, and tuktuk service to Sukhumvit great. We had the best available room at the hotel...while the room was spacious for two, and the bed was excellent, lighting in the room needs to addressed. The room is dark to begin with and the recessed lighting looks great for ambiance, but not sufficient for normal lighting. Wifi was great as was dvd and tv's. We had a pool view, but only one floor above the pool and unable to open the drapes without anyone at the pool seeing in.

Room Tip: the grand residence 1 bedroom is great, but dont get stuck on floor 5. Ask for a higher floor
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Dear lucky-we-live-Hawaii,

Thank you for sharing your experience. I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us.

We hope you to travel back to Bangkok again soon and be sure to let us know when you are coming so we can reserve your favourite room for you.

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed February 12, 2014 via mobile

After traveling across SE Asia for 5 weeks, we were delighted with every hotel until the Golden Tulip. The building itself is fine, but the staff are general rude, unhelpful and uninterested.

Before we even arrived, they did not answer our emails, which asked if it was still safe to visit Bangkok during the protests, and if we could have an airport pickup. When we mentioned this at checkin, the receptionists said that they have a 48-hr turnaround time on emails - even though they hadn't answered ours for more than double that. They were completely unapologetic, blaming the fact that they get 100s of emails.

We let this go, not wanting it to set the tone. We were shown to our room which was very nice. We had ordered a king size bed, but the room had 2 beds pushed together. This wasn't a major issue, but surprising. We appreciated the complimentary tequila shots that they brought to the room in honour if our honeymoon, but had up wait almost 30 mins before our bags were delivered.

The hotel has a lovely pool area and cocktail bar beside reception, so we decided to have some happy hour drinks. The barman forgot our last order just before HH ended, and was then extremely rude and unapologetic when we reminded him 20 mins later. We left, feeling annoyed. We asked the concierge for a dinner recommendation and also where to go to see some of Bangkok's sights and were told it was too late, despite Bangkok having many night markets and a buzzing nightlife. The receptionists had no clue either and were very unhelpful. The restaurant recommended was empty and very average. The following day the concierge was equally unhelpful when we asked for directions and just wanted us to take a car and driver from the hotel for the day. Due to the protests, we actually did this and it worked out very well. We didn't appreciate the pushy sales technique though. That evening, we asked the concierge to get us a taxi, but he said it was "impossible" and we should not go out at all as the traffic was bad! We took the sky train and got to our restaurant just fine. No issues getting the Metropolitan hotel to call us a return taxi.

There were actually too many disappointing moments with the staff to mention them all here. From entering the room while the DND sign was on the door (they saw my husband leave and thought it was empty) to completely clearing the table at breakfast even though my bag and jacket were still there. No replacement of cutlery or tea either when they realised.

This hotel has potential, but only if the staff are trained in customer service. I was surprised that it has 4 stars. I think there must be better hotels in Bangkok for the same price.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Gorettikid,

Thank you for providing us with feedback relating to your recent stay with us. I am so sorry to read your review since it is completely the opposite of what we strive for with our team on a daily basis. We have clearly let you down on this occasion and we do sincerely apologize for this.

I personally wish we could get in touch to talk about this further and so I could apologize in person or by phone or e-mail. I hope you would give me that chance and my email is om@goldentulipmandison.com.

Warm regards,
Thippayarat Kongsoontornkijkul
Operations Manager
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed February 10, 2014

I really liked to hotel with his spa, swim bad and restaurant.
When I arrived from the airport and wanted to check-in the gave my a free upgrade to a bigger and nicer room!! During my stay I had a lovely massage in the Spa facilities of the hotel.
Unfortunately I didn't like the walk from the MRT (Subway) to the hotel.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Chrystal1991
Dear Chrystal 1991,

Thank you for sharing your experience, I am pleased to note that you have had a very enjoyable stay with us.

Please note that we are having shuttle service available at every 20 minutes from the main Sukhumvit road (MRT and BTS station), or you may call for service at any minute.

I am appreciated for your positive rating of your overall experience and we look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back, please let us know for the chance to fulfill your stay experience.

Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed February 1, 2014

I am stayed 4 days in this hotel, I had a big room with a desk and a verry good view on the city . The hotel was in good location also because it was verry quiet and it was near bts skytrain, shopping, nightclub disco too.
There was a good tuk tuk shuttle service.
There was a good restaurant.
Room's were clean everyda.
There was a good staff.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Exeter, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 31, 2014

We only had the one night at the golden tulip but the night we had was very good, nice bedroom very comfy bed and really nice big bathroom in fact it was a bit over the top for the size of the room, but thats not in any way a complaint. would we stay here again ? easy answer , yes we would

Room Tip: ask for one with a big bathroom, then just laugh and go,,, WOW !!
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple