Lowest prices for your stay
eDreams
Destinia.com
$65
View deal
Travelocity
Orbitz.com
1,261 results
All reviews tuk tuk nice hotel sukhumvit road free upgrade asoke station swimming pool early check hotel is located nice stay nice pool visit bangkok tum opio khun cons mall taxis
Selected filters
Reviewed October 8, 2012 via mobile

Though this is my second visit in
hotel but everything was nice and pleasant. Staff was so lovely to upgrade my room to suite unless room was so tranquil, large space, nice bathroom and was so clean. Bearer internet speed in my room was dead but staff was so helpful to offer me a router in room then it was so excellent internet speed in my room. Laundry price was a bit expensive but in my room also have washing machine which so valued and comfort. Breakfast was so excellent too with choice of healthy food. Though staff could not communicate much but they all so kind to serve me veget omelette. My last day was so early also staff was so oriented and offered take away meal box for me. I and my fiance enjoy my stay very much with helpfullness staff. Will defenitly back again beginning next year.

Tips; you can take free tuk tuk everytime to get to BTS and near shopping place. So convenient.

1  Thank Winnie_Wa
Reviewed October 7, 2012

My wife and I stayed here for 2 nights in late August. We arrived late at night and were told they had upgraded us to a suite as there were no rooms left, strange as I had already pre booked from New Zealand and paid in late June.
Suite was okay, major issue was the shower leaked onto the floor, splashes etc landed on the tiled surrounds of the bath and flowed onto the floor making the floor tiles very slippery when climbing out of the shower.
The hotel was very centrally located handy to Skytrain, and restaurants, concierge staff were very pleasant and helpful.
Problem arose when we checked out, I used my credit card to pay for mini bar charges as we didn't have any cash.
The receptionist swiped the card through the machine, no pin numbers or security chip technology here, first time she said it was rejected, and she pushed a button on the machine, I thought it had been accepted but she pushed the button so fast I couldn't be sure, she then tried it again, rejected again, she then told me to wait and she turned away toward the back office with card and machine, she walked several paces then turned back and said it had been accepted, phew.
Didn't think much more about it until we tried using it again about 4-5 hours later, again REJECTED!!!!
As most of our trip was pre paid by credit card from New Zealand, we didn't try to sort it till about 1 1/2 weeks later, in Vietnam, rang the bank to find out the story.
The bank asked me when and where I had used it, so told them the story from the hotel, they said 2 hours after I had used it at the hotel, someone from the US, used my card details for a small amount, then shortly after tried to purchase online, Big Game fishing game, that is when the bank stopped our card as it was coming through a company they already had alerts on.
Thankfully not a lot was taken, but having no easy access to a replacement card it did mean we had to cancel several trips that we had planned to do.
When I got home I rang the bank, to sort a new card and they said they were going to make enquiries with the hotel. I have left it in their hands to pursue the matter further.
As the Golden Tulip Mandison was the only place I used my credit card in Bangkok, I'll leave you to draw your own conclusion.

Date of stay: August 2012
2  Thank Pete F
PrattanaP, General Manager at Golden Tulip Mandison Suites, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2012

Dear Pete F,

It was a pleasure to have had you as our guest during your recent visit to Bangkok! We trust that you had a safe and pleasant trip home.

Thank you for taking time to post your review on TripAdvisor. It is feedback of this nature that we are able to objectively review the facilities and services we provide to ensure that they meet our guests' expectations.

I have taken note of your comments with regard to our Guest service Agent handle your credit card unprofessionally. I looked into this sequence personally, please be assured that all credit card details had kept confidentially and up to international security standards.

Thank you once again for your comments and we do hope that you will allow us the opportunity of welcoming you back again.

Sincerely yours,
Prattana Pimpila

Reviewed September 30, 2012

Golden Tulip is well located close to everything in Sukhumvit but it is away from all the noise of the main road, actually it is at the end of the soi with no much traffic going past. Quite a nice street too with some good restaurants and street vendors selling various food. Swimming pool is not huge but is quite nice place to relax...

Date of stay: August 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
2  Thank Danny H
Thippayaratt, Operations Manager at Golden Tulip Mandison Suites, responded to this reviewResponded July 4, 2019

Dear Guest

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We appreciate the kind words and are happy to know you had a comfortable stay with us.

Once again, thank you for the feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back to Golden Tulip Mandison Suites!

Warm Regards,
Thippayarat K. (Operations Manager)
om@goldentulipmandison.com

Reviewed September 29, 2012

Large modern rooms, well equipped. Free WiFi in the room. There was a good variety at the breakfast buffet. Almost at the end of the soi but the hotel provides a free tuktuk shuttle to the main road. 7/11 verry closeby. Friendly staff. Nice pool area for a city hotel. All and all good value for money.

Reviewed September 29, 2012

Dear Guest

Warm Regards,
Thippayarat K. (Operations Manager)
om@goldentulipmandison.com